What's new

Anybody working with CBD strains??

L

lightgreeen

I haven't come across a thread yet talking about new CBD strains that people have developed or stumbled upon so I figured I'd start one up.

I had my Las Vegas Lemon Skunk pollinated by a male Purple Kush x Dr. Kevorkian
I popped 2 seeds from the cross, now named Dr. Death Skunk, both female...came back 2 similar phenos slightly different smells and taste to them but they grew very much alike. Anyways I had a sample from each pheno tested and they both tested between 6-7% thc and 7-8% cbd... I was pretty surprised by this but it turned out to be a nice little surprise. A great night time smoke and it really helps out some of my patients with managing pain.

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

Pheno 1 on the left, that one came back very piney/sweet/grape
Pheno 2 on the right, that one came back kind of piney/hashy/skunky

IMG_25931_zps34175f44.jpg

Here's a Dr Death Skunk #2 that just got switched to 12/12

DS2_zps90b97e3e.jpg

L

lightgreeen

Here is the Dr Death Skunk #3 hoping to see some more CBDs shes 6 weeks in

ds3wk6_zpsa0fefd01.jpg

ds3week6_zpsca722c85.jpg

This one was kind of a freak plant...It grew a really skinny stalk that was about an inch or so wide and just grew a bunch of nice branched off of it. I'll snap some pics when I get a chance so you can see what I'm talking about. This one definitely seems to be leaning more towards the kush structure of the cross. The other two looked very similar to the skunk in the structure.

I've got a couple other strains that were crossed with the Purple Kush x Dr. Kevorkian so hopefully I'll see some CBDs in those as well. I popped 1 seed of my Dr Death Goat-- (Purple Kush x Dr. Kevorkian) x Golden Goat---came back very nice with really sweet undertones from the goat also kind of grapey/piney but no notable CBDs. What I'm really hoping for is a Death Goat that has high CBDs but maybe still has some uplifting effects from the goat instead of kind of knocking you out like most CBD strains.

I'll be updating as my CBD search continues ha
Hopefully you guys share some projects that your working on!:tiphat:

L

lightgreeen

My Dennis Hopper Kush was also crossed with the Purple Kush x Dr Kevorkian. Not sure what the hopper is, was a gifted clone. I knew the Hopper had a lot of potential just because of how highly my friend spoke of it. It was having problems the first few times I ran her, she would just wanna crap out and slowly start dying off around wk 4. Anyways she got crossed and is doing a whole lot better now. I ran the cross in my last garden half strength on all feedings. This time around I have just been giving her normal feedings that my other plants are able to handle and she has just been loving it..:tiphat: I'll have it tested this time around but I suspect there are some CBDs lurking around in there.

hopperwk6_zps8d2bfe0c.jpg

hopperwk6_zpsb8b02316.jpg

dhopper6_zpsb6a8d070.jpg

Here's a bud from my first run of the hopper cross...came out nice but not nice enough to mess around with getting it tested... just showed me the strain actually had potential ha

hoppernug_zpse03d25eb.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most of us dont have our harvest tested so I could have had some come through mu garden dont know. I will never know unless I test every strain I do and thats just not going to happen. The only vendor im aware of is The cbd crew.

L

lightgreeen

I am currently reversing a cannatonic (12:1) cbd cut. Started seeing balls 2 days ago. Cant wait!

Right on nice!! Is that the Cannatonic #4? I'm working on grabbing a cut of Tora Bora from a friend (2 or 3 to 1 cbd:thc) I'm definitely hoping to find something with a really high ratio like you've got to ass some cbds into rso and bho

L

lightgreeen

most of us dont have our harvest tested so I could have had some come through mu garden dont know. I will never know unless I test every strain I do and thats just not going to happen. The only vendor im aware of is The cbd crew.

For sure that's what I figured. Yeah I think cbd crew are the only ones that have some stabilized strains. All the others are hit or miss I think like the Harlequin, Tora Bora, and Cannatonic.

I've made it a habit to test my new strains that I run just to get a ballpark figure of what kind of numbers they're growing at (also nice to see what kind of cbn's pop up so you can see how much thc has degraded, and if any cbg's pop up that weren't converted to thc or cbd's it lets me know it should go longer not to mention identifying cbds if and when they're present) I know a lot of you guys are against the testing labs out there and I respect that. I just like to do it with a few strains from each harvest for my own knowledge.:tiphat:

vertigo0007

Right on nice!! Is that the Cannatonic #4? I'm working on grabbing a cut of Tora Bora from a friend (2 or 3 to 1 cbd:thc) I'm definitely hoping to find something with a really high ratio like you've got to ass some cbds into rso and bho

Yessir, #4. Ive seen a few strains from dinafem lately that have high cbd. Perfect example, i grqbbed a cut of their diesel after my buddy told me he knew there was something special in that plant. I started to flower the cut and got a small bag from him to test in the meantime. 5.? Thc and 6.? Cbd. I found an apollo recently that was stupid high cbd for a sativa

L

lightgreeen

Hell yea nice! Im sure there are a bunch of cbd strains that just havent been identified yet. Thats pretty crazy about the apollo...I bet that was some killer bud! I'd really love to see some high cbds in my golden goat cross. i guess i could settle for like 16 or so thc with a 5 or so cbd haha doesn't hurt to be optimistic right?

L

lightgreeen

Hehe you and me both! Here's the Goat cross Dr. Death Goat last time I ran her she's looking alot better this time around

purpgoatflush_zpsde0c354c.jpg

Some regular Goat for the hell of it ha

SAM_0539_zps11444ab4.jpg

ClancyG

Oaksterdam was selling Harlequin clones back in April, a local patient got some - we've run it a couple times, getting to understand how it likes to grow, have gotten varying results.

most recent test was 5% thc 5% cbd.

Our best results are when pruned to 8+ branches, then pistilwipt to the top 3 nodes when flipped. Results are dense clustered nugs arranged along the top 12" of each branch. Needs staking.

Not a particularly tasty smoke, but it's effect is like ducking under a heavy overcoat of vibrating sedation.

Attachments

• Harlequin flowers.jpg
    Harlequin flowers.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 13
  • Harlequin flower.jpg
    Harlequin flower.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 9

vertigo0007

Oaksterdam was selling Harlequin clones back in April, a local patient got some - we've run it a couple times, getting to understand how it likes to grow, have gotten varying results.

Our best results are when pruned to 8+ branches, then pistilwipt to the top 3 nodes when flipped. Results are dense clustered nugs arranged along the top 12" of each branch. Needs staking.

Not a particularly tasty smoke, but it's effect is like ducking under a heavy overcoat of vibrating sedation.

any pics?

ClancyG

I know a lot of you guys are against the testing labs out there and I respect that.

eek2.gif
(leave it to the new guy to stir up shit...)

Can't imagine why "a lot of you guys" are 'against the testing labs' (whatever that means). Can you explain?

Personally, I've used Cannachemistry(dot)com and SDPharmlabs(dot)com and both have provided invaluable information about flowers, extracts, concentrates and oils.

L

lightgreeen

View Image(leave it to the new guy to stir up shit...)

Can't imagine why "a lot of you guys" are 'against the testing labs' (whatever that means). Can you explain?

Personally, I've used Cannachemistry(dot)com and SDPharmlabs(dot)com and both have provided invaluable information about flowers, extracts, concentrates and oils.

Many people have had bad experiences with different testing labs for whatever reason thats why "a lot of you guys" like to talk shit about having meds tested. Testing labs are useful...just depends what your trying to accomplish by testing your meds..

PeopleWish

I have a canatonic x that regularly test 5% THC-A 19-21% CBD-A.

It is harsh, and hermies; however it yields really well--its gets blasted anyways.

L

lightgreeen

Looks pretty nice my Dr Death Skunk is pretty close to a 1:1..I bet she makes some killer extracts.

It is harsh, and hermies; however it yields really well--its gets blasted anyways.

Right on that cannatonic X tests some ridiculous numbers. My first 2 phenos of Dr Death Skunk kept the structure of the momma but the the taste is a mix of piney/hashy/sweet/grape/skunky...with one a little more skunky the other a little more piney. It's some nice smoke for sure though definitely sedative thats for sure.
Just retested my Dr Death Skunk #1 today...came back 6.11% THC 7.25% CBD pretty much identical to what a different lab tested it at:tiphat:

ClancyG

Now THAT one would be real interesting for edibles or making a concentrate... have y'all done that?