What's new

ANY UFC AND PRIDE FANS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burning_red

eyes that shine...
ICMag Donor
I was very impressed with Thiago Alves,he totally dominated Hughes.Keepin an eye on that boy.

That early fight where the guy did the piledriver at the end,fuckin hardcore.

Was that black ref called Herb Green? LOL--I thought he did a good job other than the second point deduction for the mistaken back of the head shot which was really on the side of the head

daddy fingaz

bisping was all over day to be honest, and rainin down some heavy blows, ref possibly stepped in a bit early, was interesting watching this stoppage in comparison to the Kimbo fight and the stoppage in favour of thompson that didnt happen!!

burning_red, herb dean is one of the best in the business. i can even deal with mazagatti (who has had some major blunders in the cage), but this miragliotta guy? that guy is a joke. pick three random fights reffed by big john, and watch them. Do the same for Miragliotta....the difference in professionalism, and the overall quality of the refereeing is astounding.

im not the type of guy that gets on the ref cause things dont go my way, but isnt being an official of that sort about consistency? Now that i think about it, i cant remember a bad stop by Big John. i could be wrong (and very well may be)....have to do some googling. That guy was always in control of the cage, and most times looked like he could take both of the guys about to fight!

mma officiating in general needs to be looked at. the judging and the referees need more consistency. thats my feelings anyway

G. Sensi

Good Job Alves!! I missed the fight but just caught it online.... I need to check out Bisping now....

On the ref subject, does anyone have any Idea how one gets into MMA Refing? Are these dudes bonifide trained and schooled Refs? I would LOVE to be in the cage refing! No idea where one starts a career like that though!

Hope everyones great today!

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

G. Sensi said:
Good Job Alves!! I missed the fight but just caught it online.... I need to check out Bisping now....

On the ref subject, does anyone have any Idea how one gets into MMA Refing? Are these dudes bonifide trained and schooled Refs? I would LOVE to be in the cage refing! No idea where one starts a career like that though!

Hope everyones great today!
yes, they are real referees. How one begins this "career" is to start ref'ing junior & highschool wrestling. It's a long road unless you know someone.

fyi, most referees have real careers. Being a ref is more of a hobby/passion for those.

dbuzz

Veteran
aight guys, some good mma coming soon.

anderson silva moving up a weightclass and fighting james irwin on the same day as afflictions event. obv he wins. :p

tuf finale was awesome. amir is the man!

rampage vs forrest is sooooo close...i've heard rumors rampage isn't training the hardest, which i just don't believe. everyone knows forrest is a cardio master and ramp better be ready for that or...

awesome minnesota ufc card soon.

oh and jeff monson calls out kimbo... :laughing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLNE3RgSJF4

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Watching Dana kick that pussy with legs Jesse Taylor off the show was the highlight of the season. I sincerely hope thats the last anyone sees of that fool.

E

EatShitake

Verite said:
Watching Dana kick that pussy with legs Jesse Taylor off the show was the highlight of the season. I sincerely hope thats the last anyone sees of that fool.

If you ask me (I know, ya dint!:D) DW was a little easy on the tool. Totally the kind of attitude that gives contact sports a shiner.

:joint:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Im secretly hoping Dana takes a snap of the film where Jesse is crying about being a screw up and he takes it and blows it up into one of those big pictures he has in his office and he mounts that in the locker room shitter.

LV_Kid

Griffin vs. jackson on july 5th should be a good fight. Id love to see it here in town but tickets are 600 a pop. Id rather watch from the living room..

LV_Kid said:
Griffin vs. jackson on july 5th should be a good fight. Id love to see it here in town but tickets are 600 a pop. Id rather watch from the living room..

I gotta go with Rampage on this one. Should be a great fight!

Don't overlook James Irvin against Silva. Irvin has been a spoiler on more than one occasion. He's got some wicked knees too.

Verite said:

Jesse Taylor, just another immature drunken ass hat with a big ego. :spank:

A perfect example of why they should have kept prohibition and left Cannabis alone. :joint:

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to the Rampage - Griffin bout, its looking to be a great fight. I'm with DBUZZ, forrest can just go ad go and go, I hope RJ ready for it. Should be quite the standoff

LV_Kid

Backwoods Bud said:
I gotta go with Rampage on this one. Should be a great fight!

Don't overlook James Irvin against Silva. Irvin has been a spoiler on more than one occasion. He's got some wicked knees too.

I agree, the money line here in town is like -400..I think alot of people are planning on the fight to fall that way as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts