What's new

ANY UFC AND PRIDE FANS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wunderkind

Raven, I agree the fix was in with the Kimbo fight. I don't think the other ones were though. Here's what I said in the other thread....

yeah, I thought they'd call it too. Kimbo was taking clean shots to the head for like a minute and a half. I think if it was any other fighter in any other fight, they would have called it. A bit funny as well, I thought they were being way overly cautious the entire night.

Most definetly was the ref told to favor Kimbo. He gave Kimbo a break once when he brought them to their feet and wanted to do it again when Kimbo was grounded against cage. They knew if Kimbo would've lost, everything would come crashing down.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
heh maybe its just me, but i found Wanderlei's screaming into the camera during the UFC 84 intro somewhat amusing :p - synced perfectly to the song too!

Here's a 10 second vid clip of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHWsU9Vn6w

j6kkxv.jpg

btw i thought UFC 84 was awesome, heaps of good fights, one of the best for a while

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whooo hooo!!! :headbange :headbange Urijah won!! good fight, man o man can pulver take a hit :bashhead: :bashhead: he should been kissin the mat a few times, I was surprized to see it go so far but great fight!!!

cya in chat Raven!!!! :muahaha: :joint: :joint: :joint:

i didnt get a chance to see the fight live (was playing beerpong). if anyone has a linnk to the fight THAT WORKS let me know. my golden site doesnt have the fight up yet. all i know is that it went to a decision and faber won.

MUCH PROPS!

.....AND A VIRTUAL DOOB TO MRS BABBA!!

(but it didnt end how either of us thought it would)

double or nothing on the next one...

TriCrystalz

Pulver vs. Faber wasnt even that great of a fight due to all the hype!
Torres vs. Maeda now that was a brawl! (a little sloppy but none the less a great fight)

Any predictions for Alves vs. Hughes?

before id make a prediction, id have to do some digging. off the top of my head though id like to see alves take it, just so hughes would get taken down a notch. Does alves have the skillset to win? that remains to be seen. lemme dig and then ill be able to give you more

W

WheelsOG

Good weekend for fights.

EliteXC had a really shitty production, with lot's of cheese throughout the show (cheerleaders, busta rhymes, brett rogers post fight victory dance, contreversial stoppages)

But I found the show entertaining nonetheless. Carano vs Young was a great fight, both ladies looked technical.

Lawler vs Smith was a great fight up until the crappy stoppage. I don't blame the doctor too much for that. Scott kept saying to the doctor that he couldn't see. I'm guessing the doctor felt liable at that point to stop the fight.

Kimbo vs Thompson was pretty much what i expected it to be. Maybe this fight wasn't main event worthy but Kimbo brings in the fans. I have no problem with the non-stoppage in the second because thompson was putting no power on his ground and pound. Stoppage in the third seemed find to me too...Thompson was rocked bad by two punches AFTER that ear exploded. Kimbo takes too much flack for a guy who only has 4 professional fights. Not many people would fight Thompson for their fourth fight.

The WEC turned out to be a pretty good show in my opinion.

Razor Rob put on a lack luster performance, but after that fight the show got better.

Huge knockout by a guy named Munoz, then a great fight by Torres vs Maeda. Torres is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters to watch. Torres/Maeda might be a Fight of the Year candidate in my books.

The main event, Faber vs Pulver was a pretty good scrap too. Pulver didn't look great, and I think the years of fighting is catching up to him. Faber on the other hand looked superb, with lighting fast strikes. I was hoping to see more GnP outta Faber though..

G. Sensi

Good Job Urijah!! But unbelievable job Jens! Pulver should have concussed about 4 times in each round!! How was he still ALIVE?!?!? That was a GREAT fight! Right up there with forrest vs bonnar 1....

Anyone see that Tall anderson silva lookin dude get his big ass wooped?!? He had no business steppin in that ring....

Crytalz, I'd say Alves.... IMHO Hughes will always be the best MMA fighter but he reached his peak and is on his way down.... I dont think anyone will have the career that he had tho....

Alves has the stregnth and speed to take Hughes for sure!

Removing all weight classes who would you guys like to see fight?

I think Faber and GSP would be interesting..... Alves and Huerta.... Andy Silva vs Rampage....

Bless

-G

Styles P

kimbo won that fight fair. there was no power behind thos elbows. kimbo ate them up for a minute and a half. he had no cuts at all, and by the look in thompson's eyes after thos big shots told me he was gonna get ko'ed worse then when he fought butterbean.

ok styles, so by your logic a fight should be stopped when a fighter looks to be in trouble? If that were the case then a multitude of outcomes would be changed. Look at the fight between Pete Sell and Scott Smith from 'ultimate finale 4'. Sell absolutely rocked Smith with a body shot and when he came in to finish his opponent, Smith unloads with a hail mary punch that turns out the lights for Sell. Chris Leben v Terry Martin is another good example. Leben was eating shots and was standing on wobbly legs (similar to thompson) and ends up knocking Martin out.

My point? Let the fight play out. Period.

During the first 2 rounds of that kimbo fight thompson proved (at least to me) that he could take kimbos best punch(es) and keep coming. In my eyes thompson was about 2 minutes from winning a decision. Both fighters were gassed, but i think that thompson could have survived. (he showed that in the earlier rounds)

Id like to know if anyone shares my point of view

And if anyone needs to see the fights i mentioned to see exactly what im talking about, just PM me and ill hook you up.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Bah the only thing Thompson was winning was exploding ear aliens of the year award.

Siddartha

EvilRaven, I believe there's nothing worse than stopping a fight too soon, it'll be the death of MMA. People want to see someone get KTFO if they can no longer defend, I mean, I can still understand stopping the fight if one man is trapped under crossside or cruci and is just eating elbows, but I've seen shit stopped WAY too soon. These kind of issues have been around since boxing, though MMA changes the situation a bit by having different ranges (Standing, Clinch, Grounded, etc), so grounded is not necessarily out.

daddy fingaz

Siddartha said:
EvilRaven, I believe there's nothing worse than stopping a fight too soon, it'll be the death of MMA. People want to see someone get KTFO if they can no longer defend, I mean, I can still understand stopping the fight if one man is trapped under crossside or cruci and is just eating elbows, but I've seen shit stopped WAY too soon. These kind of issues have been around since boxing, though MMA changes the situation a bit by having different ranges (Standing, Clinch, Grounded, etc), so grounded is not necessarily out.

Fights being stopped to soon is and will always be a problem in any full contact fighting.
At the end of the day safety of the fighters has to come before enjoyment of the crowd!
Obviously experience of the ref and politics will always come into this issue as well, how would u feel if u were a ref or a fighter and the fight continued and the other guy ended up brain damaged or even dead and wot do u think that would do for the image of MMA or UFC!?

remember aswell that MMA doesnt have standing counts as in boxing, muay thai etc which can often stop a KO from coming!!

Does anyone have a link to this fight please !?

daddy fingaz

EvilRaven1031 said:
During the first 2 rounds of that kimbo fight thompson proved (at least to me) that he could take kimbos best punch(es) and keep coming. In my eyes thompson was about 2 minutes from winning a decision. Both fighters were gassed, but i think that thompson could have survived. (he showed that in the earlier rounds)

Id like to know if anyone shares my point of view

Ive just watched the fight and have to agree with you on this, if anything it should have been stopped in the 2nd round when Kimbo was getting hammered with elbows, although he was blatantly a bit stunned from Kimbos uppercuts Thompson had shown he could take these, i think he put in a good account for himself considering he was probly just there to be Fodder for Kimbo!

Siddartha

Fighter safety IS important. I haven't been training for a while, so I missed that point. I just mean times when one fighter is not out, but is stuck and taking shots to the face/ribs. Sometimes the only response is to eat the shot because covering opens you to be subbed. That doesn't mean it's not intelligent defense, it just means you're stuck. Meh, I'm mostly a grappler, I understand it's quite different getting punched in the face. Feel free to ignore my ramble, lol.

now that the circus is over we get to see some good MMA.

Hughes got KTFO!!

Dana White says that we should be expecting a "bombshell" of an announcement come thursday. Could it be that he finally hooked up the deal with fox? Im not sure how to feel about his "bombshells" when the last one was revealing that bud light was a new sponsor.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Just finished watching the Bisping-Day fight on PPV. What a crock. TKO my ass. Granted ,Day "started" getting his ass handed to him but far from a TKO, he was plainly defending. Both fighters are tough and I would have loved to see that go atleast 2 rounds. Hughes a bit of a disappointment but with his record and the amount of entertainment he's delivered over the years, much respect :badday:

Last edited:
havent got to that one yet, im gonna check it out. on another note i dont understand why the ufc would use dan mirgliotta. He has proven to be one of the most uneducated mma referees out there.

on behalf of mma fans everywhere, im begging John McCarthy to come out of retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts