What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any Trailer Park Boys fans out there?

dbuzz

Veteran
no more series? ugh, the movies are never near as good. the movies can fuck off to fuckoffidy land. :laughing:

The best part of the series was when Cory and Trevor quit the show (for real). That kind of comedy transcends creativity.

For anyone who ever read their resignation letters, you know what I'm talking about. Those two seriously were the bitch-boys of that cast/crew, and to hear them go off about it just made the show 100% genuine.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inspired by DrDogs photos I just aquired all of the seasons 1-7 plus the movies. I never saw the original movie, it's good to see how it all started.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Sammet said:
Inspired by DrDogs photos I just aquired all of the seasons 1-7 plus the movies. I never saw the original movie, it's good to see how it all started.

LOL you did not need my pics, I could have told you how great the show was

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Dog said:
LOL you did not need my pics, I could have told you how great the show was

I meant you inspired me to watch it again. Think I got up to season 4 when I was keeping up with it - it's been about 2-3 years since I last saw it.

It's an excellent show. Right up the top of the my list of television involving Cannabis with Ideal from BBC3. :wave:

Did any of you like the movie? I saw it and loved it, but I don't know anyone else who did, I think I've seen it over 10 times now.

I've bought so many pairs of track pants for my chubbyhubby, seeing him in them gives me a strange kind of nostalgia

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend gave me season 7... I started watching it and had NO IDEA what to expect.

After a few episodes, and after the characters got burned into my brain, I was eternally hooked! I like to play TPBoys as I fall asleep on the couch, party, smoke alone... I just love these guys. They are sort of like the Cheech and Chong of our era... not exactly, but in the same vein.

Ricky, Bubbles, Julian, any of you guys reading this... get ahold of me! We'll smoke some of my killer dope, get drunk, and listen to April Wine. :) Seriously. ;)

cc

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Tradescantia said:
Did any of you like the movie? I saw it and loved it, but I don't know anyone else who did, I think I've seen it over 10 times now.

I've bought so many pairs of track pants for my chubbyhubby, seeing him gives me a strange kind of nostalgia

I watched it again this past weekend...The Big Dirty
You probably know that Sarah is Lahey's daughter in life.
Shitcase has been showing the TPB on the weekends lately but they beep out a few lines. I have every season plus the extras, even the Rick Jeffery Blues Blast Twice As Hard CD - That's the tunes you hear on the series. I have a great cartoon of sarah but I haven't been able to upload pics for the past week or I'd post it.

Don't forget to watch "The Cart Boy"

"This is a "Character Development Short" of the show Trailer Park Boys. This short was made before the character Bubbles was fully formed. It was a short before the first season of Trailer Park Boys. Ripped from the second disc of the Trailer Park Boys season 1 and 2 dvd set."

Last edited:

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Tradescantia said:

I've bought so many pairs of track pants for my chubbyhubby, seeing him in them gives me a strange kind of nostalgia

Hell yeah the movie was good. The series I mostly like the first 3 seasons when it was shot in an actual trailer park with the real life neighbors wandering around. I wished they'd have used more characters coming and going like the Bible Pimp and what not. If you've ever lived in a real trailer park you know what I'm talking about.

Corey and Trevor started out as great characters but when they started treating them like pets later it got kinda weird. The trailer park gay bar was CLASSIC and one of the funniest episodes ever.

wishbone420

i watched season 1-7 its killer for sure. i even found 3 full length movies.found it all in one torrent. its right next to weeds in my tv heart. peace

Dr Dog

Veteran
Crazy Composer said:
Ricky, Bubbles, Julian, any of you guys reading this... get ahold of me! We'll smoke some of my killer dope, get drunk, and listen to April Wine. :) Seriously. ;)

cc

You forgot chicken fingers, you will never get Ricky without chicken fingers, and they have to be teh good stuff

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha! I only eat organic chicken, and all the fat and skin is removed! The eggs they're dipped in are also organic, laid right in my own backyard! I got the good dope, and the chicken fingers.

Come on, Ricky! Where ya at!?

Dr Dog

Veteran
Those three are harder to meet. I have yet to even hear of them around town.

My good buddy TML16 met Ricky and Julian in Calgary airport, but I think they really have no interest as touring the country like Randy and Jim Lahey who are doing a cross Canada Tour right now

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, no interest in the attention is what I like about them. No bullshit. Hopefully they continue to keep it realy like that.

Come on, boys, I'll even get a passport and come see you. :)

Dr Dog

Veteran
LOL dedicated are ya

I guess that would depend on how popular the next movie is. If it makes a ton of cash, you may see them a bit, I expect they will be doin press tours around release time, so a trip to Toronto at the right time, might get you something. Or you can just run into them, while on vacation like me.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Bam

Bam

TRAILER PARK BOYS 2

GUESS WHO’S OUTTA JAIL? AGAIN!

TRAILER PARK BOYS 2 BEGINS PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Halifax – August 27, 2008 – Alliance Films is pleased to announce that the sequel to the box office record breaking TRAILER PARK BOYS – THE MOVIE commenced principal photography in Halifax on August 25th, 2008. TRAILER PARK BOYS 2 is helmed by writer-director Mike Clattenburg, co-written by John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells, Mike Smith and Timm Hannebohm and produced by Barrie Dunn, Michael Volpe and Mike Clattenburg. Alliance Films will distribute the film across Canada.

TRAILER PARK BOYS 2 begins with Julian, Ricky and Bubbles newly released from jail and brimming with optimism about their prospects for the future. However, when they return to Sunnyvale, they encounter a leaner and much meaner Park Supervisor Jim Lahey who has some big changes in mind for the park, changes that don’t exactly go over well with the Boys, who will now face their biggest test since Grade 10.

The Trailer Park Boys began their rise to national and international fame when producer Barrie Dunn convinced writer/director Mike Clattenburg to turn an award-winning short film into the basis for a television series and in 2001, “Trailer Park Boys” debuted on Showcase Television and was later picked up in the US by BBC America. The series is distributed by Alliance Films on DVD in Canada. After six successful seasons, the boys made the leap to the big screen where their debut achieved the biggest opening weekend box office in Canadian film history.

Alliance Films will release the film across Canada in October 2009. Commenting on the start of photography, Victor Loewy, Chairman and CEO, Alliance Films said, “The Trailer Park Boys are funny and profane, the perfect anti-heroes. We are delighted that they and the talented production team have agreed to make the sequel. I’m confident that audiences will love this story which is even more outrageous than the last movie.”

http://www.cinemaeye.com/index/movienews/more/2858/

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Awesome!

A copy of the Big Dirty showed up at our U.S. local Ma/Pa video store and rented surprisingly well. I even tried to buy it off the shelf but Ma said it was doing good and she'd hang onto it awhile but admitted she hadn't seen it. She says most folks rent it because of the name.

I guess trailer park is funny no matter what language its in eh?