What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any Trailer Park Boys fans out there?

Countdown to Liquor Day?

Countdown to Liquor Day?

Am I the only die hard (i bought the entire series on DVD) TPB fan who didn't care for CtLD?

I watched it the other night, and it just didn't seem right to me.

I felt like they were just tryin to get one more payday outa the franchise before retiring it.

M

m00nchild

^ Interesting, because that's how I felt about Clerks 2, and the whole Jay and Silent Bob franchise.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
my mom works as a waitress, and every time they are in town they go to her restaurant, she got me their signatures....julian wrote" shut the fuck up and have a drink of rum"...lol...the other 2 just put their sigs on paper....according to my mom she said that bubbles acts exactly like he does on tv...and he really wears the glasses(even though i heard he doesnt need them)

my mom works as a waitress, and every time they are in town they go to her restaurant, she got me their signatures....julian wrote" shut the fuck up and have a drink of rum"...lol...the other 2 just put their sigs on paper....according to my mom she said that bubbles acts exactly like he does on tv...and he really wears the glasses(even though i heard he doesnt need them)

I remember reading that they always appeared in character whenever they were together in public. They say that they really enjoyed the characters. I think that's probably what made the series so good. They probably had a great time doing it.

BTW... I read somewhere that Mike Smith couldn't see shit thru Bubble's glasses.

...come to think of it, I didn't read it, I learned it in one of the extended features on the DVD's

eddie.saw

about to watch the movie now, also waiting for seasons one and two to come in from netflix, i've always heard the name but never knew what it was about, time for me to dive in!

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Am I the only die hard (i bought the entire series on DVD) TPB fan who didn't care for CtLD?

I watched it the other night, and it just didn't seem right to me.

I felt like they were just tryin to get one more payday outa the franchise before retiring it.

That's what I said the first time I watched it.. I think I was just way too hyped up for it.. gave it another go and a bit more high and had a good time and some good laughs, but I know what ya mean still... plus where the fuck is corey and trevor??

G

Guywithoutajeep

I just started watching this. Randy is one of my favorite all time characters. What a fucked up dude.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I think it's funny to walk around and make quotes randomly and people are like, "wtf are you talking about?"
The Rickyisms lol, could start a whole thread on just favorite Rickyisms.
Ummmmm! I love those ja la peeno chips lmfao! Rocket Appliances! lol!

Oh and all the shitisms, the shitwinds, shitstorms, shitbirds lol....

I

IE2KS_KUSH

On the special where they do the behind the scenes, the director or whatever mentions how they had to do conference calls and how he would fuck up saying shit, or fuck up some really famous name, just to see if the network people would say anything! LMFAO

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That scene where they are stealing the meat and Bubbles is hitting the bong in the back of the car has me in stitches every time!

:biglaugh:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Ah yeah Bubbles is the funniest, what was his puppet's name....oh jeezus, and the carts holy shit. It's really fucking brillant, some guy from Canada told me that when he was in high school Randy and Lahey visited his school, and were in character the whole time, and all that night at the bar LMFAO! Randy walking around w/ that cheezeburger locker!

I

IE2KS_KUSH

That scene where they are stealing the meat and Bubbles is hitting the bong in the back of the car has me in stitches every time!

:biglaugh:

O holy shit fucking yeah and Ricky and Julian are in the grocery store and can hear him! I am cracking up just having read that! I like in the first movie I think when Trinity gets a cig from Julian and she kind of whines about yeah "I'm AM quiting..." LOL. Really there isn't one episode that doesn't have me rolling.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Oh god I am too lazy anyone got the youtube link handy, someone should embed it, I am too fucking tired and baked though now....