What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any "Tokers Den" folks do Bonnaroo this year ???

Tronic

i'd agree stoner4lfe... but this one seems slightly more 'with it' then either special k or desant....

turbo14

Veteran
I have gone for the the last 3 years. Love it, some people say its getting main stream, but it is a great time every time in my opinion. Where else can ya sell edibles at 6AM like hot cakes:)

I wish they would have done a better job with the scheduling, tons of overlaps including Black Keys, Flaming Lips, and Bassnectar... Not sure what they were thinking on that one, Kings of Leon put on a amazing performance as well as John Butler Trio, he is always so good live! Dave ended the weekend with such a great show, our 30+ people/camp group bonded so much at this show that it was unreal :) I had a ton of fun at Thievery Corporation!

good vibes:)
turbo

cfo

The Moondance Jam is close by to me.......
Walker Minnesota in the Chippewa Natl. Forest

This is Moondance Jam #19 and imo it's gotten better
and better every years far as quality & accommodations go.
The music each year varies and so it draws diff age groups.
mj1.gif

02.jpg

03.jpg

04-1.jpg

MJ2.jpg

^^Moondance Jam Link^^

a really nice country setting in the heart of the Chippewa
National Forest, nearby is Leech Lk (a huge clean lake)
with a sweet sand swimming beach loaded with Jammers
looking to cool off, yeah there's a rock n' roll heaven.
Hey there Stoner4Life! Good to finally find an IC Mag member in Minnesota. I got my Moondance Jam tickets months ago. I've never been there before but lotsa people I know go every year. I'll be bringing some jello shots made with green dragon tincture. Might even bring some shrooms. How are the cops at this thing? What's your opinion on using the iolite vaporizer at the festival?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there Stoner4Life! Good to finally find an IC Mag member in Minnesota. I got my Moondance Jam tickets months ago. I've never been there before but lotsa people I know go every year. I'll be bringing some jello shots made with green dragon tincture. Might even bring some shrooms. How are the cops at this thing? What's your opinion on using the iolite vaporizer at the festival?
I wouldn't be getting high inside the concert grounds, better to be secure in your campsite bro. the only discreet means of toking in the concert/concessions area is by using a dugout w/the cigarette looking bat. the time between main stage bands gives us adequate time to step out into the parking lot (I usually park VERY close) to get stoned then go back inside & eat/drink a bit until the next band starts up.......

I'll see you guys there for sure

SmokinErb

Man this sucks. I had to sell my ticket. I was planning on going, but so were my roommates. We had a spare bedroom full of pot and... I drew the short stick.

I was pissed because I had my ticket well ahead of time, where they got the idea of going from me. But fuck it, in the end? Plants > 'roo.

I'll catch it next year.

Any "Tokers Den" folks do Bonnaroo this year ???

I wouldn't be getting high inside the concert grounds, better to be secure in your campsite bro. the only discreet means of toking in the concert/concessions area is by using a dugout w/the cigarette looking bat. the time between main stage bands gives us adequate time to step out into the parking lot (I usually park VERY close) to get stoned then go back inside & eat/drink a bit until the next band starts up.......

I'll see you guys there for sure

Holy eff, I hope one day to tell my grandchildren a story as good as that one.

these parties/concerts such as bonnaroo or jamboree in the hills etc are now being staked out by DEA, FBI, local law enforcement, etc....plainclothes and uniformed. going to these get togethers is a fun thing and can give you memories of all memories...but drugs are the main lure, and people get busted left and right. i'm too paranoid to go lol...

Yes indeed, me and Buckeye went one year and this guy kep following us around asking for shrooms and we never had any and kep telling him to go eat shit. But it was fun a lot of great memories, Buckeye was quite toasted smoking a joint talkin to this very pretty lady cop on a horse. I kep my distance like "I dont know him" but she just sit there and laughed must have liked him.

turbo14

Veteran
Yes indeed, me and Buckeye went one year and this guy kep following us around asking for shrooms and we never had any and kep telling him to go eat shit. But it was fun a lot of great memories, Buckeye was quite toasted smoking a joint talkin to this very pretty lady cop on a horse. I kep my distance like "I dont know him" but she just sit there and laughed must have liked him.

I go to Bonnaroo and a few other festivals around, smoking a joint in a festival is there least of their worries. I use to smoke joints while walking/picking up bags of ice every morning to take back to the camp from the main strip. Cops are there for people bringing in weight, guns, and being stupid. Hell, security this year at the roo' just said, show us your weed and we will let you keep it (personal amounts of course), hide it and it's ours. Smoke up and have a good time.

turbo:dance013:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I haven't done a roo since 06 I think it was when oysterhead and radio head played

i still get out just not to the roo

ronbo51

Veteran
just got back from Floydfest on Monday. It's my 12'th. It has become very big, really too big for the site, at mile 170 in Va on the Blue Ridge Parkway. My favorite band in the world, Railroad Earth, played Thursday night. Edward Sharpe, Lumineers, Xavier Rudd,Yonder Mountain,Old Crow, lots of orhers. It Rained 4 inches Friday night and the entire site became a mud soaked hell hole, including the remote parking lots which became impassable. Heard some stories about undercover shit going down but nothing too big. Had a good time. All east coast festivals this summer will have to contend with rain and mud.

Latest posts

Latest posts