What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any opinions on King's Kush?

I

Iron_Lion

ghs dont claim any breeding of these apothecary strains, they are just femming clones from them... i heard apothecary had some bad times so they sold to ghs, dont know how true this is.
my point is they are just selling the seeds as sold to them by apothecary, with their strain descriptions used sooo maybe gh should be spared the regulation flaming on this issue ?

$0.02

If they put it in a GHS package they own it.

Arjan is a mega millionaire and he got that way by ripping off noobs with shitty genetics.

G

greenmatter

ghs dont claim any breeding of these apothecary strains, they are just femming clones from them... i heard apothecary had some bad times so they sold to ghs, dont know how true this is.
my point is they are just selling the seeds as sold to them by apothecary, with their strain descriptions used sooo maybe gh should be spared the regulation flaming on this issue ?

$0.02

the OP asked a question. how do you see the answers as flaming?

i don't have a thing against GHS. i've grown out a few of their strains, and liked them, but i will stay with my original answer on the kings kush.

i was NOT impressed.

if that is flaming, then there was a vote on political correctness that i must have missed

Grobot2010

I'd say that its all pretty fair game in "flaming" people who give elaborate descriptions of their genetics that in the hands of competent growers do not give the advertized results.

I was asking for opinions on King's Kush, and if that spills over into opinions about the various breeders (or re-sellers in the supply chain) who make and sell it, that's fine with me, since it sheds light on the reliability of the descriptions/claims made about other products from those breeders.

I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to post.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be sure to come back and let us know how these turn out Gro I am interested and have a strong feeling they are the same thing so very interested in results. You will know by our descriptions if it is. GL with your grow.

mr.brunch

Veteran
sorry for any offence caused. was just trying to point out that they did no breeding on these apothecary strains, so the parentage they list is, i would imagine, what apothecary told them.
i have not tried the kings kush, but have had many good fem strains from them, and a few good reg ones many moons ago

but this is off topic, and i apologise again.

S

schwagg

wow i must be lucky then. i love my KK. i don't believe the genetics but she a beauty. tangerine smell, super red hairs, great taste. i had one freebie seed and cracked it. she's been in the garden since. she can definitely hang with the others in my garden. that says alot to me cause i've got some great one's in there. as far as GHSC, eh.... i wouldn't pay for the seeds. i had a freebie white widow that was absolute garbage. i kept the biggest cola just to remind me of what there WW is.

marrdogg

Veteran
Deception in the raw

Deception in the raw

sorry for any offence caused. was just trying to point out that they did no breeding on these apothecary strains, so the parentage they list is, i would imagine, what apothecary told them.
i have not tried the kings kush, but have had many good fem strains from them, and a few good reg ones many moons ago

but this is off topic, and i apologise again.

My thinking on this would be if you are willing to put your name on something whether or not you bred it you would take the time to at least have test growers who can grow them out. That way you could be sure of the description before you put YOUR name on it. GHS has been in business for many years they are not new to this shit so with said they know exactly what they sell and know that you are not getting what is advertised. But if people are still willing to fork over funds for there beans I'm quite sure they will gladly accept. PEACE!

Grobot2010

Well, my personal experience has been pretty disappointing up until now. I didn't get any viable females or males from the seed I purchased.

Last edited:

igrowkushbitch

I just grew out some kings kush and that stuff has 0% indica in it. To call it a kush is a joke. Smell was good though a berry sweet flavor. I personally wont grow it again but my buddy swears by it.

Maybe I'm mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Reeferman did a King's Kush several years ago. I remember reading positive comments on it and think it did well in one of the competitions.

Grobot2010

Update: No success with the Kush Kush Seed Company's regular King's Kush. However, I have 4 out of 5 feminized Greenhouse Seed Company's released genetics sprouting and at a height of about 2 inches. The missing feminized seed was actually lost (my fault), otherwise, I am confident they all would have germinated.

MissKittyKat

Did you end up trying those Kush Kush seeds out? SWIM has some packs from Kush Kush seeds as well. Grapefruit Kush, OG Kush, Purple Kush. Some Appalachia from Green Seeds as well. (Green Crack x Tres Dawg)

So far the OG Kush and Purple Kush from Kush Kush Seeds purchased at GTA Seedbank seem to be very nice. They are very aggressive growing plants, with large indica fan leaves and smell very strong in veg!

So SWIM is expecting a good harvest but has no idea what to really expect . SWIM hopes that since they are an authorized distributor for many reliable seed companies that the local breeder selection they have is worth it. So far so good

Latest posts

Latest posts