What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any one try Planck or Santa Maria in the dam?

idiit

Veteran
^ great post. really look forward to hearing back from you cannawolf.

"it's a line of understanding of the teaching of the beverage and it's guide spirits."

according to what I've read the sect in brazil (santo daime) grew their own weed. the authorities destroyed their garden. the santa maria they smoked was selected and grown by the santa daime sect. legend aka mythos has it that a spirit guide pointed the sect to this special strain of cannabis. this is why I got interested in planck.

"Idiit, what's your impression on the straight No Mercy SM? Effect and
flavor, etc. I have some in the stash. Thanks"

no mery's 8bx was wld dominate. it took me nearly a 20 pack to find a good nld female and male to make fresh beans. I grew out the nld phenos and culled the wld looking ones. berry tasting. up sativa high but under a 400 w hps grow they were not anything exceptional.

there have been other posters saying esko's planck cut is not the real deal.

I gots no idea.

I do know i'm interested in running some sm aka planck hybrids under my newly acquired 315 cmh. the old hps 400 didn't do a lot of strains justice.

soundman

Didn't read the whole thread but want to add this question.

In the late 80s in santa Cruz there was some weed going around called "The Frosty". We heard it was Santa Maria Gold. Very strong and tasty for the time. Super frosty hence the nickname. It was some of the best weed I have ever had. Very unique.

Anyone from SC during that era recall "The Frosty" and if so was it Santa Maria? If so I want it.

Thanks!!!

idiit

Veteran
ppl get santa maria mixed up wid santa marta sometimes. santa marta gold (Colombo) was all over the usa for almost a decade and some was excellent. santa maria has been available in Europe as a cut and in a couple of hybrids but relatively obscure in the rest of the world from what I've read.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Some one just bumped and older thread about 2011 cannabis cup and in it was pic of Santa Maria nugs. The Santa Maria i smoked 2006 looked the same
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226188

Photo By hydroheinz

picture.php

The Hatter

Veteran
Those nugs look very much like some Holy Princess I grew. It doesn't yield well, but the quality of the smoke is excellent. Although having said this, there isn't that much you can tell from dried nugs when it comes to positively IDing a plant. You really have to see a plant growing in late flower to have a good idea of what you are dealing with.

One thing does seem certain. The Planck clone was not some pure land race from Brazil. It is far more likely something like a skunk crossed with a local Brazilian land race. I've grown a lot of South American land race strains and NONE of them have bud structures remotely like anything I have seen attributed to the Planck clone.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Those nugs look very much like some Holy Princess I grew. It doesn't yield well, but the quality of the smoke is excellent. Although having said this, there isn't that much you can tell from dried nugs when it comes to positively IDing a plant. You really have to see a plant growing in late flower to have a good idea of what you are dealing with.

One thing does seem certain. The Planck clone was not some pure land race from Brazil. It is far more likely something like a skunk crossed with a local Brazilian land race. I've grown a lot of South American land race strains and NONE of them have bud structures remotely like anything I have seen attributed to the Planck clone.

Not all South American lines originate from the same part of the world and they're not all 100% pure NLD/sativas.
Some SA lines look like N Indian/Nepali related and these have some indica/BLD traits in them. But some SA lines that are related to Thai-lines are very much pure NLD/sativas.

Here's few photos of Eskobar's Planck cut:

gallery_626_455_40403.jpg

gallery_626_455_141298.jpg

gallery_626_455_88032.jpg

Few more pics here:
https://www.opengrow.com/topic/46307-santa-maria-or-planck-cut/

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts