What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any one try Planck or Santa Maria in the dam?

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
we had get few years ago the orginal clone, its still around ...

idiit

Veteran
went for the sativa leaning phenos. chopped the I/s looking ones. got a nice male and pollinated a nice looking female. the female looks to have some indica in her.

very nice smell; fruity. decent frost. fully seeded. waiting for the beans to mature then I can do pheno hunt. :)

Lesnah

went for the sativa leaning phenos. chopped the I/s looking ones. got a nice male and pollinated a nice looking female. the female looks to have some indica in her.

very nice smell; fruity. decent frost. fully seeded. waiting for the beans to mature then I can do pheno hunt. :)

Any guava-ish smells detected? Or what some call "re fruit"?

idiit

Veteran
lesnah, get over to tokers den and get your post count up to 50 so members can pm wid u. :) we've got very similar tastes.

ok, harvested the female, got quite a few beans ( sativa both parents). the pic. I posted were not the sativa keepers. they were indica dom rejects.

couple things;

first, i'm an od grower. I judge by od performance. I will report on how the sativa female clones do od.t hey will go out late cause I had to wait to take cuts. I've tried sprouting some sativa sm beans. will plant them if they germ. no rest time so don't know about germ rates.

second, most od growers either quit or went id. aireal surveillance is ridiculous where i'm at. I can only post so much and keep within my security parameters. leo spent 6 weeks staking out one of my gardens last year. I've never seen such pressure. only 10 females. big fat juicy females i'm tellin' ya. :)

now, on to santa maria. I bought 35 no mercy sm beans for around 100 euros. it took me around 15 to find the two keeper breeder sativa parents. no herms, good vigor. bud structure of female was not the dreadlock escobar pheno ( original planck cut). some indica influence in the buds but def. sativa dom.

smoke was very energetic. not night time before you go to bed weed. 3 hour duration and only took 1 bowl. does have nice fruity nose to the bag and taste did have subtle but strong fruit type shit to it. i'm not good at terpene descriptions. the high had very little body to it yet it was not subtle. I knew I was high/fucked up. I would describe the high as a very powerful manga rosa type high. dubi has posted a manga rosa smoke report here at ic. I couldn't find it to link. this is the high.

side notes:

the calyxes were turning gold very quickly at harvest. some bud was turning gold as well.i think she could have turned completely gold as she matured. I grow od. I will wait until od harvest. id for me is a very small space used for testing strains early appraisals, beans, clones, pollen.

she was pretty fast. I don't keep id flowering times.

she was putting on some pretty good frost on the unseeded small buds. I think od she can get pretty frosty.

I mixed her 50/50 with some soa Malawi gold (salad) and was very impressed. her energy was very noticeable. intense energy.

I've got 3 primary landrace keeper breeders for hybrids. think of them as a restaurant with poultry, beef and seafood entrees. Nepalese indica from mandala's satori, Malawi gold soa, santa maria sativa.

the santa maria seemed like it had some psychoactivity to her. don't know much until the fall. i'm making quite a few sm sativa hybrids for od testing.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I run this plant (selfed/reversed seed from esko) I was giving it to people at the 420 cup, but they didnt seem to know what to make of her... she's got unique flavour eh lol

one of my fave plants, she's not a head destroyer, but a really lovely nice floaty dreamy hippie like buzz... love her to bits :) (I may have already posted this in the thread, Im kinda high right now :) )

lets have a little look shall we :)

S/M Planck: 8/9 weeks, rock hard buds, cheese-esque flavour and smell (but not the same as cheese), dreamy, floaty, up high.. best yield 120g in scrog (6 week veg)...

picture.php

Last edited:

Lesnah

lesnah, get over to tokers den and get your post count up to 50 so members can pm wid u. :) we've got very similar tastes.

ok, harvested the female, got quite a few beans ( sativa both parents). the pic. I posted were not the sativa keepers. they were indica dom rejects.

couple things;

first, i'm an od grower. I judge by od performance. I will report on how the sativa female clones do od.t hey will go out late cause I had to wait to take cuts. I've tried sprouting some sativa sm beans. will plant them if they germ. no rest time so don't know about germ rates.

second, most od growers either quit or went id. aireal surveillance is ridiculous where i'm at. I can only post so much and keep within my security parameters. leo spent 6 weeks staking out one of my gardens last year. I've never seen such pressure. only 10 females. big fat juicy females i'm tellin' ya. :)

now, on to santa maria. I bought 35 no mercy sm beans for around 100 euros. it took me around 15 to find the two keeper breeder sativa parents. no herms, good vigor. bud structure of female was not the dreadlock escobar pheno ( original planck cut). some indica influence in the buds but def. sativa dom.

smoke was very energetic. not night time before you go to bed weed. 3 hour duration and only took 1 bowl. does have nice fruity nose to the bag and taste did have subtle but strong fruit type shit to it. i'm not good at terpene descriptions. the high had very little body to it yet it was not subtle. I knew I was high/fucked up. I would describe the high as a very powerful manga rosa type high. dubi has posted a manga rosa smoke report here at ic. I couldn't find it to link. this is the high.

side notes:

the calyxes were turning gold very quickly at harvest. some bud was turning gold as well.i think she could have turned completely gold as she matured. I grow od. I will wait until od harvest. id for me is a very small space used for testing strains early appraisals, beans, clones, pollen.

she was pretty fast. I don't keep id flowering times.

she was putting on some pretty good frost on the unseeded small buds. I think od she can get pretty frosty.

I mixed her 50/50 with some soa Malawi gold (salad) and was very impressed. her energy was very noticeable. intense energy.

I've got 3 primary landrace keeper breeders for hybrids. think of them as a restaurant with poultry, beef and seafood entrees. Nepalese indica from mandala's satori, Malawi gold soa, santa maria sativa.

the santa maria seemed like it had some psychoactivity to her. don't know much until the fall. i'm making quite a few sm sativa hybrids for od testing.

I'm glad you liked them!!! I'm under the impression that SM has impressed you, I was hoping I didn't over-hype this strain just because it's my first strain. Once I can grow again(soon) I will definitely put in an order for these. The funny thing about reading your post today is that I have some cousins which came up from Virginia dying to cop some Santa Maria which I gave them before about 2 years ago. When people are willing to travel 5 hours, it speaks for itself how unique the Santa Maria's terpenes are. I'm just under 20 more posts away from being able to pm hehe

slipdefeu

Yup

Esko's planck isn't legit, bud structure/taste...
I ran the same clone as esko's one and it looks more like a cheese cut or cross, no cheese in planck ;)
Yes sm planck is easy to find in Europe but mostly the fake one for sure.

bye :tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
I did smoke Santa Maria (original clone smuggled from Brasil), and i posses some F8 beans from Cees. I have already grown some.

I am an indica lover for i have ADHD. I am very, very energetic. Smoking couch lockers keeps me relaxed and doesn't couch lock me at all. AND THEN i came across Santa Maria. I HATE IT it's that good. It releases an energy rush so extreme that i, already being energetic literally really go crazy, i ran to my Afghani stash and started to smoke that until i overwhelmed the effects of the Santa Maria. I had to smoke a lot of Aghani for that. I seem to be very sensitive to its effect. It made my friends(normally lazy as hell, but now also very energetic) laugh a lot do.

Decided to classify it as dangerous and really never smoked it again! .

The Santa Maria is also extremly trippy, it works as speed for me but when somebody can be sensitive to its energy rush, somebody could also be sensitive to its trippy effects. When a smoker would tell me, (not somebody whom has heard of it) : "its like LSD to me!" i would truly believe him/her.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=153556

picture.php

^ PAM (purple aloha maria): purple aww/santa maria sativa

the aww does show ability to go purple in cold. tastes wonderful and great bud structure and decent frost. pics. in my albums. pollinated with santa maria sativa pollen. the aww has a sativa high with some body. the aww is from seed stock and the female (clone) from seed stock is a "sweet thang" type pheno. the tired out aww male dropped by nearly every breeder that tried to work with him has given aww a bad name.

did this cross to test out the santa maria sativa as a breeder.

the smoke was close to epic. very very good. the santa maria could be called SRIRACHA as it seems to add intensity. the aww became much more intense. very energetic stone with some psychoactivity.

INTENSE high effects. INTENSITY.

the unforeseen problem with PAM is that although both parents had excellent taste, PAM tasted kinda rude in comparison; hashy taste. other than that I was very pleased.

GoatCheese

Veteran
The Planck i smoked in Amsterdam 2006 had a clear energetic high, sugary floral taste. Not a "huge" taste, nor very complex terps like in modern hazes/weed, but nice smooth sativa anyway. No rushy paranoia effect with normal dosage, atleast not for me, if i remember it right.
-
-
-
So, Esko's Santa Maria isn't the real Planck-cutting??!

:tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
The Planck i smoked in Amsterdam 2006 had a clear energetic high, sugary floral taste. Not a "huge" taste, nor very complex terps like in modern hazes/weed, but nice smooth sativa anyway. No rushy paranoia effect with normal dosage, atleast not for me, if i remember it right.
^ similar with my experience with no mercy's sativa dom santa maria.

the pam hybrid had much more intensity than either parent.

So, Esko's Santa Maria isn't the real Planck-cutting??!

interesting. the planck saga keeps getting more sketchy.

GoatCheese

Veteran

The claim was made on the last post of page 2. and it made me wonder

here:

Yup

I ran the same clone as esko's one and it looks more like a cheese cut or cross, no cheese in planck ;)

bye :tiphat:

:)

idiit

Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiit View Post

here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipdefeu View Post
Yup

I ran the same clone as esko's one and it looks more like a cheese cut or cross, no cheese in planck

bye

^ yes.

^ yes.

1).the no mercy Santa Maria is mostly wld (indica) dom. the idea of a wld coming out of the Brazilian rainforest is sketchy.

2). a spirit guide according to legend guided the Christian ayahuasca cult to specifically the santa maria cannabis strain as well as other specific plants/plant spirits for their spiritual ceremonies:

Ayahuasca, also commonly called yagé, is an entheogenic brew made out of Banisteriopsis caapi vine, often in combination with various other plants. The brew is used as a traditional spiritual medicine in ceremonies among the Indigenous peoples of Amazonian Peru, many of whom say that they received the instructions in its use directly from the plants and plant spirits themselves.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=ayahua...-7&sp=7&cvid=27ee6ca179bb46d9b37fd942a37b6d8f

^ I believe in this type of stuff but most ppl in western world like to sneer and scorn on stuff like this imo.

now it seems like there are fake cuts of the original sacred cut from the real deal santa maria floating around and doubt on eskobar's cut.

does not surprise me.

I was more in support of goatcheese's post than anything.

GoatCheese

Veteran
No Mercy's Santa Maria has few other strains bred into it, it is not same as the REAL Planck
No Mercy's version has Silverpearl (Early Pearl x Skunk #1 x Northern Lights) and Mexican Haze in it, so it could be the indica traits from Silvrepearl showing up in the seeds.
The Planck that i smoked in 2006 surely had no indica in it ..it was more like Neville's Haze the high= clear and up

Has anyone seen genuine Planck-cut pics from other sources, or did someone just make an uneducated guess, that this Esko's cut is not the REAL DEAL?

Last edited by a moderator:

Croissant

goat cheese...

while I have no answer to your question... I think of it like this... here in cali... a cut will get popular and pretty soon there will be a buncha variations of the strain that permeate the market. It gets really grey because who is to say the gram from the cut you tried is "the real deal?" What you tried is just what you measure "plank" against.

bigbadbiddy

I bought Santa Maria/Planck over several years in coffeshops in northern Netherlands about 10 years ago.

During that time, every shop there was "white widow infested".
You got white widow EVERYWHERE and many shops that only sold 2 or 3 indoor strains along with 1 or 2 outdoor strains had white widow during the entirety of my stay there ...

Anyway: The Santa Maria/Planck was, imho, "better" than the white widow. It gave me more of a sativa/cerebral high etc.
So whenever it was available I did get it.

I wouldn't grow it though. Not because it is a bad strain or anything but from my experience it was "nothing to write home about".
It was the best strain regularly available in the North but mainly because there usually was nothing but white widow or strains crossed with white widow (along with house brands/crosses that never convinced me) available and it gave me less of a couchlock bodystone.
But neither taste nor effect nor potency was anything exceptional to me.

However (and that's a big however): I know that white widow is an insane strain and I did notice huge differences during my stay there in taste, potency, quality, etc. depending where I got it from (and even then there were variations sometimes).
I also got to try homegrown white widow and it left the coffeeshop widows looking like a joke.
The Santa Maria/Planck might be just that much better if you grow it yourself and actually stack up to other available strains. Can't really say.

There actually were only 3 standouts to me during my years in the Netherlands and they all were purchased in A'dam:
- Jack Herrer (dampkring)
- NYC Diesel (dampkring)
- Neville's Haze (barney's)

Smoked some good hash here and there too but I don't remember it because the price was absurd and not worth it imho.

Overall, my nearly 10 years in the Netherlands left me very disillusioned with the Dutch coffeeshop scene. Hell, in all that time I never once got a Blueberry or Bubblegum strain that lived up to its name.

To me, the Dutch coffeshop scene is just white widow with the odd exception here and there and the very rare dankness if you search hard and long enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts