What's new

Any one done Health Canada grows in a strata building? Need Advice QUICK!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Our grow space is separate from our house but it's located in a strata building and is zoned for commercial. We just had to get expensive "specialty" insurance because 99% of typical insurance companies will void all coverage if you grow indoors.

perhaps we were an exception to the rule... small community etc.. just our experience

This is right and smart lol... You do not want to put your grow where you live too many things can go wrong if you can put it in a separate building this is the way to go... stay safe and like chief bigsmoke smart headband 707:woohoo:

Yup that is the plan commercial is the way to go. Med man and bigsmoke, I would really appreciate a referral to an insurance company with this sort of coverage. I think it would be of great benefit to the ic mag community as well.

chief bigsmoke

Ok so Scott Wilkins is the guy to talk to for insurance and he does commercial buildings as well as residential. I didnt ask but his web site says BC only as of right now but I would shoot him an email if your outside the province to see. Real nice guy.
http://www.medicalmarijuanainsurance.ca/
Is his website.

That's your guy. I respect scott a ton. sorry for the late reply. they were the only insurance company we could find that was open and willing to work with dg's and med patients.

Hey MM, couple questions for ya... Did you build a veg room for that double decker grow? Do they just buy "big babies" (4 footers)?
Also, what is the reason for building then pulling permits after rooms are built? Were you not worried that the city would come check what all the building sounds were when rooms were being erected?

T

the med man

hey tg,

im an old cripple these days. more of a brain then a bruan. certified guys pulled the permitts and did all the building.

they own the building next door, and have another dd. so 3 bloom chambers and 1 veg room between both spaces. plants were vegged for 4 weeks, then 1 week after moving for readjustment...

the city was there every step of the way. warehouses are made for noisy welders and tradesmen anyway, thats why these dd's were built. mm

Latest posts

Latest posts