image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a close up of one of the leaves

I think that you are underfeeding by a good margin. Every time that I've started manifesting signs of deficiency, it's because my feed rate was too low. I run blumats, so it is a continual feed, and veg at around +/-650ppm@.5 (1.2-1.3EC).

I think that you are underfeeding by a good margin. Every time that I've started manifesting signs of deficiency, it's because my feed rate was too low. I run blumats, so it is a continual feed, and veg at around +/-650ppm@.5 (1.2-1.3EC).

I have been getting yellow tips on my leaves when I bump my feed up high like that. I guess Ill just run a few around 400 and a few around 600 and see what happens..

d3cryption

Veteran
I have been getting yellow tips on my leaves when I bump my feed up high like that. I guess Ill just run a few around 400 and a few around 600 and see what happens..

ppm or ec of your water before nutes?

pretty sure we're having the same problem... i' replied at another place.... it's underfeeding...

ppm or ec of your water before nutes?

pretty sure we're having the same problem... i' replied at another place.... it's underfeeding...

Sounds good Ill bump their feed up to 550ish. If I start getting yellow tips and it seems as if they slow down, I am going to drop it back down. How much +life do you guys like to use per 5 gal?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Use 1.0 to 1.1 EC IN veg, I have zero deficiencies, and no Burnt tips. Use EC, it is universal, PPM is by scale. Good luck

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice I appreciate you takin the time. Do your plants suck up most of the liquids by the end of the day. My pots seem to stay kind of heavy until about 2-3 days after I feed em. Should I run fresh feed thru them every day until I see a bit of run off or should I let my roots go searching until they start drinking more?

feed them every day regardless , the fresh food & o2 is great for them . eventually as they progress they will start using up whats in the pot daily & will even want more , thats when the runoff slows down & eventually stops , thats when i add more time to the feed .

Ok , i want to clarify my statement . the above feeding regiment is for coco in flower. in veg , you start feeding coco like a soil grow , clones will get fed like every 3 or 4 days till the roots grow out , they still need that dry cycle for root development . not bone dry , but not saturated . then i usually feed every other day by hand . you can tell how often they'll need to be fed as they progress in veg , the bigger plants will need more feed etc .....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is happening to some of my older leaves. Does this look like light burn or a deficiency to you guys? Plants are about 10 days into veg. Sprayed them with DM Liquid Light and Saturator at half the recommended dose 1.5 hours after my lights turned on. Turned my t5 on half power. They are getting 300ppm veg+bloom which comes out to .2grams +life/gal 1.7grams veg+bloom/gal

like these guys just said .... they need a stronger feed . the V&B is weird that way , they show weird defs if the strength is to low . i feed around 1.0 to 1.1Ec in veg , but i go no higher than 1.4 in flower , very little difference in strength between veg & peek flower with this stuff . have never experienced this with other nutes .

i don't feed by weight either .... i go by EC #'s

d3cryption

Veteran
like these guys just said .... they need a stronger feed . the V&B is weird that way , they show weird defs if the strength is to low . i feed around 1.0 to 1.1Ec in veg , but i go no higher than 1.4 in flower , very little difference in strength between veg & peek flower with this stuff . have never experienced this with other nutes .

i don't feed by weight either .... i go by EC #'s

I believe you use ro water correct. ?

i bumped my feeds up to 1.5-1.6, my starting tap is about .3 ec...

so adding 1.3 ec in nutes to my .3 tap should be feeding about the same as you guys correct?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe you use ro water correct. ?

i bumped my feeds up to 1.5-1.6, my starting tap is about .3 ec...

so adding 1.3 ec in nutes to my .3 tap should be feeding about the same as you guys correct?

yeah , close enough to us anyways .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So are you giving all your strains about the same amount of nutrients? Or do you notice some need higher and lower feeds?

in veg yes everything gets the same 1.0 to 1.1 EC , in flower alot of my hybrids need less than some of the indicas .

Latest posts

Latest posts