What's new

Any ideas on cool X-Mas gifts for kids?

S

Space Ghost

anything and everything to get them away from the tv/vid.games/comp... A small pup-tent maybe? hiking boots? idk... lumps of coal perhaps? lol

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
anything and everything to get them away from the tv/vid.games/comp... A small pup-tent maybe? hiking boots? idk... lumps of coal perhaps? lol

I understand what you are saying...but could you imagine the convo at school??
"I got a Wii for my Birthday...and a new Laptop!!...what did you get??"
"I got a Pup-Tent!!"
Old School Values are important...but us Old Fuckers gotta recognize when and where to apply them--:tiphat:

glad you liked the idea S4L. let me offer some advice....if you decide to go with the nerf guns, make sure to pick this one up for yourself. cause you know the darts are gonna fly that first day! LOL

nerf-n-strike-vulcan.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear ya kali but I sorta like the camping equipment idea, we are way up north in MN where we actually camp a lot ourselves just like the tourists, we just do it when they're not around and so it's quieter.

whatever I get these guys is 'bonus' cuz nobody knows I'm doing it, I don't want to be a christmas crutch in that the family spends less on the kids because I'm chipping in.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah Raven, Nerfs are GR8 for little boys, I'm thinking about one each of these top of the line nerf gun automatics for them along w/other stuff.
nerfstock.jpg

ammo boxes bro. and maybe some zombie targets.

z2_store_view.jpg

isnt it crazy the stuff they have for kids now? how much fun would we have had with this shit?

mdk ktm

Depends what kind of stuff the kids are into... I have little brothers around those ages. I got them each a real nice rod and reel last year. I am really into bass fishing, and they have always liked going fishing with me. So I figured a good quality rod and reel would be something that can be useful for years.

For 150 you can get a quantum kinetic spinning reel, and a decent rod. It will get them out of the house, and away from the tv and video games. That is if their parents or somebody would take the time to take them fishing.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I have some nephews in that age bracket and they always seem to want cars. Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Radio Controlled, it doesn't really seem to matter although the more tricked out the car looks the better they seem to like it. Also while it may not be the best thing for kids there's all sorts of candy options to help fill it out and keep it in budget. Still if you can see if you can ask around subtly and get a better feel for what these specific kids are into.

B

BOSCO

Swiss army knife
Catapult/ starter bow and arrow kit
A decent kids carpentry set

Something for them to give to mum and dad

"I'm not that close to the family but know they're having a tough time this year so I'm just wanting to amp up the goodies a bit."
^ Stoner your a good guy...respect

ZEROorDIE

knives and matchbox cars where what i liked at that age. and for boys you definitely cant go wrong with nerf guns

are baseball cards still cool?
and maybe even throw in like $10 bucks in 1 or $2 bills just so the kids can buy randome candy and goodies and shit. i always thought it was cool getting $2 bills from my g-ma.

toys soldiers?
pogs?lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

OK did some shopping today for the boys, it definitely feels more like X-Mas when you're buying gifts. couldn't find the bigger Nerf guns so I bought a couple of lesser ones (pistol type but the best) and will buy the big guns either @ another store or online by Sunday, of course I bought them each an extra 50 darts.

I got them some camping essentials like 2 of the nicer Mini-Maglite 2xAA cell like I carry, a nice LED camp lantern ~ fresh batteries will run it for a whole weekend & won't burn down their tent or suffocate them when running. Two canteens and 2 cool spun aluminum water bottles. a big porcelain camping cook set w/plates, bowls, cups pot & pans w/coffee pot, sure hope they don't get hooked on java though. one set of horse shoes although someone always catches one upside the head.......

I'll add a few more camping items next time I shop.

sounds like you are well on your way S4L. ...though it sound like you should have went with the less lethal bean bag game. LMAO

these boys are gonna shit come xmas morning.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was thinking along the same lines benzo, but I'd like to find a simpler one as well for the youngest kid. I have a feeling I'm going to go past that $150 per kid though soon enough.......

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
was thinking along the same lines benzo, but I'd like to find a simpler one as well for the youngest kid. I have a feeling I'm going to go past that $150 per kid though soon enough.......

Unless you're getting them marbles!! Lol...Good luck bro--:tiphat:

Asil

I would either get them a joint gift like the xbox360 with kinetic, or search at pawn shops for used xboxes. Then u can get them each one. Last time I checked at a store like gamecrazy they had them for like 130 bucks used for the system and hard drive.

U can pick up a new xbox with kinetic for around 3 bills.

I don't know what kid around that age that wouldn't love that gift.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

OK, got those 2 big Nerf Blasters @ another nearby Wal-Mart and 12 D cell batteries for each gun; as I found them for $6.00 cheaper than listed online I also bought the "NERF GUN Service Plan!"....... that's right for $3.00 I got a 1 year service plan for replacement on each of the guns. got them watches, nothing fancy or super slick but not kid-like either, they won't be embarrassed to wear these. I picked up a bunch of cheap Iron Man stocking stuffer figures & vehicles, some Hot Wheels cars and others as well.

Two more items each to go, radio controlled helicopters and a couple of cool Chia Pets for each of them, a subtle way of getting the early inner-gardener started in them.......

aside from the toys I suppose I ought to consider stuffing the stocking with some special candies (w/nice tins) and treats.

Latest posts

Latest posts