What's new

Any hope for the Carolinas?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I was driving on Hwy 601 in SC, 20 miles north of Savannah in 1980. This is squeal like a pig country folks. I stopped to ask a town cop directions to Myrtle Beach. He honestly told me he didn't know. We were standing about three blocks east of Hwy 17 (OCEAN HIGHWAY!!!) and this guy was too retarded to know it. I'll never forget the town. The police station looked like a phone booth. It's been almost 30 years but I bet it's still there.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Myrtle Beach has some pretty bad piglys too. They geta lot of the rowdy NC tourists so you know they dont really care for their neighbors all that much.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cops are bad going through deals gap/129 in east NC. As for what kind of weed is grown there I know there is a lot of brickseed that has been grown there. Your going to have good stuff too, just like anywhere else.

Rainman

Veteran
That brick stuff is brought in from Mex isnt it? I have some good seeds from friends and need to start a NC grow. I always had trouble with the state troopers in Lumberton(leavin South of the Border with a truck load of fireworks!!!) and in the Lexington/Davidson county areas.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RM, been busy again I see;) I would say that most of the stuff grown in the whole of appalachia originally came from mexico and has acclimatized in large outdoor grows since then. I know some stuff from kentucky is like that for sure but it is just a guess as to the true origins of weed around here. I strongly believe the weed here is mexican seed from the period when the first afghanis were bred with the Mexican sativas. As it was trafficed here people started growing those seeds.

WhiteOwl

I've lived in SC all my life and i have to say i've never heard of anyone getting 10 years for simple possesion. I've never been busted but a friend of mine had a small possesion charge. He spent the night in jail and got out the next da. My buddy who was a first time offender got community service. I believe according to norml,if you are caught growing more than 100 plants it is a 25 year madatory minimum sentense though, very harsh.
In my county headshops are banned, but you can go to the next county over you can find a variety of headshops.
As for the cops, the majority are racist assholes who will love to throw you in jail.

Rainman

Veteran
The cops are nothin nice at all but I wonder what is gonna happen to NC if Cali passed the bill to legalize completely? Once they see the money potential I wonder how long before they lose some of that conservative thinking. I gotta say though I just cant see states like ours turning their backs on the Church and good ole Christian values. Gonna be interesting to watch it unfold.

Kaotic - I got a bunch of seeds on my last visit home so I want to get these in the dirt to see what pops up. I would like to find a Ghnai to cross with some of my other strains for sure. I got a good vine like Sativa from a bag a few years ago. Stayed lime green and never grew a main stalk. Grew just like a grape vine! Smoke was straight elite power but it produced about 14 grams only. Fire tho!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The cops are nothin nice at all but I wonder what is gonna happen to NC if Cali passed the bill to legalize completely? Once they see the money potential I wonder how long before they lose some of that conservative thinking. I gotta say though I just cant see states like ours turning their backs on the Church and good ole Christian values. Gonna be interesting to watch it unfold.

Give them a choice of either allow legalization for tax revenue or revoke their tax exempt status for tax revenue. Not even debatable. Threaten their tax-exempt status and they'll let those Christian values slide to the wayside. Most churches do already but that's another topic.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope you find something nice RM. I've grown a lot of the commercial stuff from around here and you can find some jewels. You want to talk about this area going left huh? In my state we have a Democratic governor who has just turned down some stimulus money. Weird huh? Here's something even better. In our state senate the speaker is a republican who was voted in by every democrat plus himself to get the majority. I think my state has been a little confused as of late. We have a MMJ bill that has passed committee but it is very restrictive. It's a start I guess.

vta

Veteran
Medical Marijuana Not On Perdue's Agenda

Medical Marijuana Not On Perdue's Agenda

what a dumb ass Gov.....

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v09/n234/a10.html

MEDICAL MARIJUANA NOT ON PERDUE'S AGENDA

Gov. Beverly Perdue is not in favor of legalizing the use of marijuana for medical purposes. Perdue was asked about the issue Friday at a forum for nonprofits held in Raleigh. The questioner said medical marijuana could produce jobs and tax income and provide relief to sick people. "Right now," Perdue said, "I don't see any way I would support medical marijuana. "Right now," she continued, "every child I look at who's had a problem getting off pot ... I worry about things like that."

Green Smoke

what a dumb ass Gov.....

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v09/n234/a10.html

MEDICAL MARIJUANA NOT ON PERDUE'S AGENDA

Gov. Beverly Perdue is not in favor of legalizing the use of marijuana for medical purposes. Perdue was asked about the issue Friday at a forum for nonprofits held in Raleigh. The questioner said medical marijuana could produce jobs and tax income and provide relief to sick people. "Right now," Perdue said, "I don't see any way I would support medical marijuana. "Right now," she continued, "every child I look at who's had a problem getting off pot ... I worry about things like that."

You said it brother. In a state where liquor by the drink wasn't legal until 1978, and dry counties still exist to this day, I fear it may be many years before we see MMJ in NC. One can still hope though, at least the penalties aren't as severe as they once were.

T

twisted treez

north carolina is one of the biggest pot head states in the united states but everyone just pretends they dont smoke, its funny, it s so true though..when i was young i was in s c and i got a weed ticket, i never paid it and they sent me a letter saying that i couldnt ride through their state for 2 years, so i didnt .
everyone wants to live in nc , because new york north is to cold , and florida is to hot, oh and ncs agricultural modo: goodness grows in North Carolina.
i hate to tell anyone but NC is not a super conservative redneck state anymore, people are very liberal, and they are starting to accept other cultures, 17 years ago, it did meet the stereotype, but now this state seems to be setting new sights, they were the first in flight. we have charlotte ,ashville, boone, raligh, greensboroh, it is pretty easy to get a bag of killer in one of theese cities but please be careful there are still thugs in every state and cops, weed is the only business were it seems the participants have to worry about cops and robbers.

W

Weedman Herb

Kids being on pot is a Parental Problem ... not a state issue ... we talk about responsible medical use and Bev counters with the same old bullshit ... how misguided did that statement sound to y'all?? maybe Bev has never seen an Opiate Addict on the Jones or an alcoholic DTing? The reason why it's hard to get someone off pot isn't because it Sooooooo Addictive ... It's because they can't see a Rational Reason not to partake ... so WE do ... regardless of its Legality.

leaddraft

I'm a NC'er, enough said.....
It's NOT the red-necked state it once was, though Gov. Predue seems like a "Bible Thumper"... Once We get into the Next GD II, non-violent smoke offenders will be out, (80% or less Man. Min).. Issues WILL be raised on Legalization SOON, after the Messiah's comments, As Perdue ass kisses the Pres.. If she doesn't get thrown out on Her azz for raiding the Lottery/education fund...

Wait, I've been rambeling here..
The 35K plants found, were from a bunch Of Mexicans doing their thing here/same as Cali.
Camping out & growing in the woods...
NO ONE gets 10 years for possesion, UNLESS their is violence/weapons involved..
Most of NC's Strains are leftovers from back in the day, Columbian Strains from the early/late 70's, in addition to some hippies that used to bring back SENSI from cali....
I live in Fayettnam for YEARS.....
You would also be surprised how many of Dem Ex-Tobacco farmers got a side crop O' weed on the back 40.....

ALSO note that "BILL" was from last year..... WE need to get it re-submitted...
Lastly RM, what a......

Words fail Me... Are you sure your not from WV hill-country?

---> Lifetime NC'er<------

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
as far as south carolina is concerned it mostly sucks for weed and i would
avoid that state. i have lived there too. i have also lived in north carolina
and would say generally speaking everything is better. laws, quality bud,
etc. the laws in north carolina, and punishments given are much lesser
in the tarheel state.

north carolina is one of the biggest pot head states in the united states but everyone just pretends they dont smoke
true. the western part of the state is littered with smokers, and dare
i say home to some of the best pot colleges on earth. go to app. state (happy appy),
western, asheville, warren wilson (best pot school on earth). there are
old hippies all over the state. i know of a few small, small towns where
everyone smokes. go out east and you'll run into people growing it in
swamps, tobacco fields, etc. its everywhere around here.

i hate to tell anyone but NC is not a super conservative redneck state
we voted for obama and have a mostly democratic state run government
if anyone cares to know.

Rainman

Veteran
Leadraft - You are little late to the fight to be throwin grenades so stop acting like you are better than the people from the WV hill country! If words failed you then why did you keep on typing? This thread is on track and goin good so go back to the trailer park, grab another Milwaukee's Best, and take that right wing Messiah shit back to your sisters dirty mattress where it belongs. Fayettville huh? Bet you walk the strip there on Bragg Boulevard on cold nites thinking of such clever posts to make.

Green Smoke

I'm a NC'er, enough said.....
It's NOT the red-necked state it once was, though Gov. Predue seems like a "Bible Thumper"... Once We get into the Next GD II, non-violent smoke offenders will be out, (80% or less Man. Min).. Issues WILL be raised on Legalization SOON, after the Messiah's comments, As Perdue ass kisses the Pres.. If she doesn't get thrown out on Her azz for raiding the Lottery/education fund...

Wait, I've been rambeling here..
The 35K plants found, were from a bunch Of Mexicans doing their thing here/same as Cali.
Camping out & growing in the woods...
NO ONE gets 10 years for possesion, UNLESS their is violence/weapons involved..
Most of NC's Strains are leftovers from back in the day, Columbian Strains from the early/late 70's, in addition to some hippies that used to bring back SENSI from cali....
I live in Fayettnam for YEARS.....
You would also be surprised how many of Dem Ex-Tobacco farmers got a side crop O' weed on the back 40...

:yeahthatsRaised in coastal, nc (Jacksonville), currently (and for the last 25 years) residing in Raleigh. This man speaks the truth. :2cents:

Good post

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Perdue sucks ass. I don't understand her point of view on hardly any policy she's mentioned. A friend of mine (LEO) told me that he would love it if they decriminilized weed in NC, because it is such a waste of their time and resources raiding weed growing ops. The agency he is with would much rather go after crack, x and meth.