What's new

Any hope for the Carolinas?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Do any of you out there think we will ever see some legalization down here in the Carolinas? I understand that the question is a bit subjective, but I can't seem to get any headway in my research....are NC or SC's norml chapters attempting to gain any ground with the states legislators?

Indica Jones

Yeah, they will probably follow suit whenever Tennessee comes around. Have to put more pressure on the Senators and Congressmen.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I wish it would come on and go thru. It's so freaking insane that it's not legal. After reading on normls site about the proposal for Cali, my hopes are up. But we're slow to change down here in Dixie. Perhaps TN will get what they should get...then maybe it will be our turn.

W

Weedman Herb

NC is getting some Medical attention ... front page in the News and Record a few sundays ago ... still used Smoking in the title though ... MMJ could use to lose the word smoke IMHO ...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
NC is my home state and with the conservative politics that dominate the two states it is nothing I would hold my breathe on. They still hand out 10 year sentences for an ounce of herb!!!! Here you have more religious ties and church dominated politics than anything! In the county where I grew up you cant even buy alcohol on Sundays!! I hate the assbackwards logic of the states on most issues. Glad I dont live there any longer but I wish they would join the rest of the country. They are still angry they lost the war in most areas! Good luck!!

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
SC medical was up in the state house for debate but the rep that brought it up died a couple days b4 it went thur.. so no one else has had the balls to pick it back up.. damn government...i love my country but hate this stupid way the government handles things.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

W

Weedman Herb

I don't see the 10 year sentence for an ounce that you spoke of ... once again ... maybe it is You who needs to pay closer attention ??? However ... the weed doesn't seem as decriminalized as I thought either ...

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
NC is my home state and with the conservative politics that dominate the two states it is nothing I would hold my breathe on. They still hand out 10 year sentences for an ounce of herb!!!! Here you have more religious ties and church dominated politics than anything! In the county where I grew up you cant even buy alcohol on Sundays!! I hate the assbackwards logic of the states on most issues. Glad I dont live there any longer but I wish they would join the rest of the country. They are still angry they lost the war in most areas! Good luck!!

wow 10 years for an oz of herb thats not what hapened my roomate who got busted with 2oz he didn't do one day in jail they gave him a ticket for possession and a court date.... ended up found guilty for possession got a 200 dollar fine.

this is the place im from you told me to "slither back to" but it looks like you slithered from the same place as i did thats a little bit hypocritical don't ya think

Rainman

Veteran
My friend. Add up all the sentences for the herb, parphenialia, and the weed tax stamp(which they dont even issue) and you are getting close. I of course was simply pointing out the fact that it is not decriminalized they way we would think and the 10 years is just a rough estimate of all the charges they would hit you with if caught. As it stands I would be well over the mark for a 10 years sentence any way you added it up. Also you have to look at the sentencing laws in NC. If you get say 10 years, then there is no early out in this state(I know this cause my brother is doing 20 years) so you will do no less than 90% of your time sentenced to.

maybe it is You who needs to pay closer attention ??? Is there something you are trying to say that I am missing? I was simply giving info on the home state as I know it. If you have a prob then take it to pm and let this thread keep goin.

W

Weedman Herb

Yeah it seems you're missing a lot ... I have no desire to communicate with you beyond this thread. I just caught the "Join The Rest of The Country" thing ... like the whole country is 13 states now?? You posted Bogus info ... what was no longer IS ... sorry about your brother.

Rainman

Veteran
Norcal - Back for more I see! Actually you slithered away and I left to fight in Desert Storm, so yeah, I got it right the first time.

Budsmith

Rainmen I think you are generalizing a bit.. and I think you are putting your personal case as the norm... sorry but that's just not it... my brother is currently doing time and was originally going to do 10 years but with programs and stuff he will be getting out in 3 and 1/2 years... and also I had a cousin he was caught with a qp of some dank... he posted his bond and is still serving probation but he didn't spend one day in jail.... if you got the money you can make it happen...

Rainman

Veteran
If this is what you caught then why not speak on that?

This was my quote:Glad I dont live there any longer but I wish they would join the rest of the country. Yeah!! I wish they would join the rest of the country in moving forward on not just this but on alot of issues! Why would you have a problem with that? What about those that cant afford to pay for the tickets and lawyers??

Now for the sentencing side:

6 -12 months for an ounce or more
12 months if you are growing 10 pounds or less
6 months for paraphernalia
tax stamp - cost is 3.50 for any gram over 42. What happens to those who dont pay for the stamp(never been issued) or cant pay the 3.50 per gram charge they hit you with when caught? These are all guidelines and the judge will make the final sentencing. No it is not 10 years but you folks act as if I cant speak without quoting exact fact cause you cats always do so right? Right?

Bud - You just did what you are accusing me of! Taking personal accounts and generalizing a bit arent you?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If this is what you caught then why not speak on that?

This was my quote:Glad I dont live there any longer but I wish they would join the rest of the country. Yeah!! I wish they would join the rest of the country in moving forward on not just this but on alot of issues! Why would you have a problem with that?

Now for the sentencing side:

6 -12 months for an ounce or more
12 months if you are growing 10 pounds or less
6 months for paraphernalia
tax stamp - cost is 3.50 for any gram over 42. What happens to those who dont pay for the stamp(never been issued) or cant pay the 3.50 per gram charge they hit you with when caught? These are all guidelines and the judge will make the final sentencing.

Bud - You just did what you are accusing me of! Taking personal accounts and generalizing a bit arent you?

LOL - that adds up to 10 years?

Dude you were totally wrong. Just suck it up and leave these nice people alone.

HindukushMaster

Hope u got enough land and no nosey neighbors. noones bothering you guys out in the boooonies ??? are they, its the suburb city people who have to worry in the carolinas like in g-boro
Do any of you out there think we will ever see some legalization down here in the Carolinas? I understand that the question is a bit subjective, but I can't seem to get any headway in my research....are NC or SC's norml chapters attempting to gain any ground with the states legislators?

Rainman

Veteran
They are only active in the most liberal of places which happens to be on the campuses at the major universities. Once you leave these islands of open thought you are in true deep southern America

W

Weedman Herb

RM Your link does not reflect what you have stated ... That = Bogus Info ... You can Stoner Math it all you want ... NC isn't the only state with counties that don't allow alcohol to be sold on a Sunday (like this has a fuckin thing to do with anything being discussed here) ... Just how far ahead of your former people are you? Appearing to be knowledgeable is This important to you?