What's new

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got many good laughs out of Boston Legal.

One of those deals I went along with for my wife. It began and looked like a crappy sitcom.

Once it got going there was plenty of my kind of inappropriate humor. William Shatner ass grabbing was great.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I heard The Boys season 2 on amazon is decent, but they are pulling this tv era thing where they aren't releasing all the episodes at once, some sort of weekly release? It's not 1950 anymore guys, release it all at once if it's done.

geneva_sativa

No, nothing good on NETFUX,,,

a lot of social engineering programs and pre pubescent girls twerking

No surprises there if you know who NETFUX is

G

I been going retro on Prime and youtube watching 50’s era science fiction movies. Last nite “This island earth”, tonight was It Came From Outer Space and later Earth vs the Flying Saucers. Plus more of the really cheesy ones. Some are really pretty good so long as you keep in mind the time frame of when they were made.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_films_of_the_1950s
This weekend I’m gonna try and talk the wife into watching The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Hell these are all older than me and almost all the actors are no longer with us. Saw “The professor” even in a couple before he screwed up and got on the SS Minnow. Interesting to look at the cast of some of them and how their careers and lives went. There is no real new stuff out now and won’t be for a while.

pinkus

Veteran
by the time I die I'll understand all the Terminator series. No hurry of course.

Right now Term. 2 - Judgment Day is on its way.

I think that's the one where one of the terminators rides a motorcycle onto the helicopter from the corporate building.

If you try to make sense of Terminator as series which includes all of them you may as well give up now. The story lines are mutually exclusive.

I am not even kidding. :shooty:

St. Phatty

I like movies about Bank Robberies.

I think it would be fun to rob a bank. As long as you don't have to hurt anyone.

For example, in the Alberta area, near the oil sands, if you can hot-wire one of those HUUUUGE mining trucks - you just use it to pluck a bunch of ATM's and maybe 2 bank branches out of the ground.

Then you're driving around with a HUUUUGE borrowed mining truck bulldozer with some banks and ATM's in the Blade (front part).

Since there is then a security issue, it's logical to drive the mining truck into the deep water part of a lake.

So then you have a buried treasure situation, and a chance to practice your scuba skills.

Fun Huh ? :gday:

So any movie recommendations ? :friends:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I don't know about actually doing it, but it would be fun planning out to the n-th degree. All the schedules, all the security cameras, a series of distractions to enable it and all the contingency plans with options.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
attn; Boogie and Gaius

attn; Boogie and Gaius

I watched another eye opening documentary on Prime; All In; The Fight for Democracy.

It would be especially good for Boogie and Gaius to watch. It reveals the bullshit played by mostly republicans and Trump specifically but also illustrates the systemic racism so many say does not exist.

Wild Seed

For anyone who's exhausted the political/alien/new-age Documentaries on Prime and fancies a film:
Get Duked! - Hot Fuzz on shrooms
The Gentlemen - modern Lock, Stock

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I was hoping if I suffered my way through the Emmys I might find something out of it.

Big mistake that was.

St. Phatty

I watched Cobra Kai.

I was surprised how well done it was.

Corny & kind of kept up the tone of the original Karate Kid.

+ did a decent job of showing modern teenagers.

Latest posts

Latest posts