What's new

Any good root growth accelerators available?

Thanks, I'll order some asap. I need it for a Satori that was 4ft tall in dwc before flower. It nearly died about 10 days into flower. Now is has a massive amount of brown dead roots and very few healthy roots

toohighmf

Veteran
have you considered using an enzyme to eat away the dead mass? h2o2 always cleans up the rhizo pretty good. people are naysayers w h2o2. Shit works and it takes a lot to hurt a plants roots. I have taken heavily pythed out clones and dipped them into a cap of 35% and it just snap crackled and popped. it ate the nasty black shit off and I through it back in the cloner after adding 1/2 liter to 20 gallons. 1 hour later.. no pythium and roots started busting like crazy. it it'll burn you! be careful!

I'll give it a shot. Just need to make this plant healthy asap. Its the only one i have flowering now and its under 2 600s. It lost all its fan leaves and like ~90% died. If it woulda stayed healthy it coulda pulled at least 10-12 zips. The was it looks now I'll be happy with 3. Still have 50ish days to go though

one Q

Quality
Veteran
about to try out Bcuzz.
tried Humboldt Roots and was GREAT, too bad they dont carry it here... it forced roots out of cuts 4 days faster than with plain water.

U4EA

How long does it usually take you with plain water? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if it's more like 14 into 10, or 7 into 3. Pretty big difference if you ask me.

I have a feeling Humboldt Roots is the same thing as Roots Excelurator (it would make me happier if they fixed the fucking spelling). Can anyone confirm/deny?

TicalionStalion

just cuz they are in the same shape bottle doesnt make them the same thing. Humboldt roots is a great product tho, for sure. gonna try the H&G roots soon. we'll see. Im sure the H&G is the "best on the market" for a reason you know?

just my 2c.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
@U4EA- Plain water is 12days, to 8days with the HBroots. Bubble Cloner, by day 12 roots are touching the bottom of the container. Ran out and had to do a run and by 14days the roots are not to the bottom of the container yet.

I hope Bcuzz is good.

have you considered using an enzyme to eat away the dead mass?

I like hygrozyme for cleaning up my roots. It works very well in conjunction with the roots excel. Never tried h202, just scared I guess. lol. It's all about the rhizosphere though eh Toohigh? I have an album I just started that's dedicated to roots, my 2nd favorite part of the plant ;)

I have used the B'cuzz Roots, and the Roots Excellerator, both giving great results.

Having run out of both now, I'm trying the new GH organic roots and it also seems to be working well.

The B'cuzz Roots and Roots Excellurator I was told were both designed by the same person.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
putting a gallon dose in a quart sized bubble cloner. Lets see how that does. (3/4 tsp goes in a gallon according to the bottle)

BCMaster

Does anyone know if H2o2 will cancel out the the H&G roots accelerator or is it something other than beneficial bacterias?

Whelm

Both excel and rhizo work well, in fact they are made by the same person pretty much (H&G was started by the former head chemist at Canna, if memory serves me). The big differences are that excel is made with chems whereas rhizo is organic, and subsequently rhizo is much more expensive. I would opt for rhizo.

K

Kitsym

anyone else use Rapid Start??

i am very interested to try it out as i heard it's very similar to H&G Roots Excellerator and at a better price

spunion

anyone else use Rapid Start??

i am very interested to try it out as i heard it's very similar to H&G Roots Excellerator and at a better price

They end up being the same price if you factor in application rates. Even though GH's product is half the price, they suggests 2ml per gallon as opposed to the 1.1ml for roots excelurator.

BCMaster

They end up being the same price if you factor in application rates. Even though GH's product is half the price, they suggests 2ml per gallon as opposed to the 1.1ml for roots excelurator.

Bottle says 1-2ml per gallon for hydroponics, 2.5ml per gallon for power cloning and accelerated growth. I use it at 1ml per gallon and I like it

Latest posts

Latest posts