What's new

Any AFL fans here?

F

Father Time

The Mighty Pies!! Wooo Hooooooooooooooo

but lets not forget the greatest game of all, and we got the "STATE OF ORIGEN" next Wed @ 7.30 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kind Regards, FT

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
west side reprezent

Eagles are still a very young side compared to the Vic sides but we've been bloody successful during this short time. Compare that to Freo for example ;)

and Mountain Monkey, icmag isn't a refuge from Collingwood bashing - expect to cop it here too ;)

tuco

PhenoMenal

west side reprezent

Eagles are still a very young side compared to the Vic sides but we've been bloody successful during this short time. Compare that to Freo for example ;)

Maybe so, but you're still a Western Australian...:confused:

And comparing yourself to South Australians does not help...:D

Tassie on top! :smoke:

Can someone explain why a Gold Coast team got picked over Tassie for the new license...money and population, who gives a shit. Tassie is AFL heartland, like it or not.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
tuco said:
Phenomenal said:
Maybe so, but you're still a Western Australian...:confused:
And comparing yourself to South Australians does not help...:D

..... Fremantle is in Western Australia, not South Australia. (You must be from Victoria) ;)

Last edited:
thanks phenom, now I've outed myself I can probably expect to cop it now and again.West coast are a very young side but I dont think their all that far away from dangerous form, people looked at the inexperienced pie lineup last year and wrote us off and we ended up a kick away from playing in the GF.Im hearing things here and there about Collingwood wanting to get their hands on Cousins next season, regardless of what people reckon of him off field no team could honestly say they wouldnt want him in their 22 on game day...
Friday night lost my voice watching the game at the dome go down to the wire against the saints, pretty ordinary effort from the pie I reckon... :joint:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Mountain_Monkey said:
thanks phenom, now I've outed myself I can probably expect to cop it now and again.West coast are a very young side but I dont think their all that far away from dangerous form
Next year should be good, not sure how dangerous we'll be this year tho. It is a very young side and when you lose Cousins, Judd etc you have to do a fair bit of rebuilding. With last weekends loss we're basically out of the finals now, so John Worsfold said we can now concentrate on just playing some good footy and growing the team without that pressure of having to win every match. Hopefully itll do the whole team some good and we can have a serious crack next year

I think your right as far as next year being the focus goes.Also, as you were saying the pressure is off to win every game it'll really give the team an opportunity to work on game-plan execution etc. and also be beneficial in (hopefully) keeping injuries to a minimum.Damn they were a good side to watch back when they had that gun midfield setup.It really showed in that elimination final against the pies last year how much impact Judd and Cousins' injuries had on the team...

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
yep, taking Judd and Cousins out was basically a kick in the nuts to our midfield, plus losing Kerr for a while, and you can see the impact its having ... *cringe* :)

Brushtail

Go fremantle!!!! only thing that makes me doubt them is there MAJOR inconsistency! loosing by one point to geelong one week, few points to melbourne the next THEN 3 point loss to the dogs. only a few points in it against 2 of the top sides and then loosing to bottom of the table melb :( hopefully dockers can pull of a win against carton nxt wk and get on the board :p

gl to all teams

bt

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Brushtail said:
Go fremantle!!!! only thing that makes me doubt them is there MAJOR inconsistency!
what are you talking about? Freo have been consistantly crap year after year ever since their inception ... :)

Brushtail

you bastard ;)

you bastard ;)

PhenoMenal said:
what are you talking about? Freo have been consistantly crap year after year ever since their inception ... :)

They are a young club and with time will come good and well as for west coast i think juddy said it best

west-coast player "oi juddy your shoulders still saw"

Juddy - "yer cause i've been carrying you for the last 4 years"

West coast have lost there midfield, now they cannot win a game. Maybe west coast will get first pick in the draft, who knows ;)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
but West Coast were a young club too, that didnt stop them becoming successful :p

West Coast - inception 1986. Runners up 1991, and winning the 1992, 1994 and 2006 Premierships. No wooden spoons. Competed in 18 finals series (all but four).

Fremantle - inception 1995. Never been runners up, never won a Premiership. One wooden spoon. Competed in 2 finals series.

Can we all please just accept the reality that Freo are POO !?!? :p

G

at least they are consistent lmao......

go the Mighty Mighty Magpies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange
Geelong overall are the best, most dominant and consistent side in the comp..... and we tore them to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suffer in your jocks catters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
life certainly is sweet today...... :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Anybody else wanna join me in pointing and laughing at Mountain Monkey? 8)
MM go have a beer with Straughnie :p :)

hey PM, watched a bit of the WCvAC game on the weekend.(couldnt watch the whole thing-was still suffering headache aquired on friday nights post match celebration pub/club crawl) Seems both our teams got up and cost a lot of punters their sure bet money, heard one bloke on the radio saying he'd lost 10k on the Cllwd/Gcats game... ouch! seems your blokes still have a fair amount of bite if the whole team stands up and puts in some effort... thanks btw for inciting everyone to ridicule me, much appreciated... :cuss: