What's new

Any additives still around to stop stretch>

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Then how come every time I have used it the plants end up short and stocky?
The effect on the plant is to stop/slow vertical growth/stretch, and put the energy into flower mass. So yes, you'll get shorter and more compact plants every time.

Ime sampling 'boosted' plants like this, it also decreases resin and terpene production.

BongFu

The effect on the plant is to stop/slow vertical growth/stretch, and put the energy into flower mass. So yes, you'll get shorter and more compact plants every time.

Ime sampling 'boosted' plants like this, it also decreases resin and terpene production.

You're a bit confused. He is saying gibberellins (GA) reduce stretch when quite the opposite is true (GA increases stretch dramatically). BTW GA is also shown to increase essential oil production in several medicinal crops when applied exogenously. Prob is of course that GA is also the phytohormone responsible for stretch and bolting.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
You're a bit confused. He is saying gibberellins (GA) reduce stretch when quite the opposite is true (GA increases stretch dramatically). BTW GA is also shown to increase essential oil production in several medicinal crops when applied exogenously. Prob is of course that GA is also the phytohormone responsible for stretch and bolting.
So how come every time I have used it it has resulted in a more compact plant?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

Earlmarne

I just cut my stretch by more than half with a known unicorn poop (gmo cross).
I stripped my plants to last node with no recovery before flip and only ambient co2 first week.
It worked better than expected and I ended up with less canopy depth than optimal for my room. I learned something anyhow

Earlmarne

In my small amount of experience. Kelp in my soil is great. Using kelp as a foliar during flower has repeatedly produced intersex traits.