What's new

Any 1.5+ grams per Watt grows????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I'm not sure you'd really need to use a 60 day baseline.

Why not just take total wattage (including fans, a/c, dehumidifiers, etc.) divided by total TIME (including veg time)?

Because ultimately, you're spending money on the veg time, so it should be calculated into your yield per watt. That way you can compare someone who's doing a large tree grow where they veg for 2-3+ months and someone who's doing a skip-the-veg SOG grow and actually see which setup is the most efficient?

i use flower+veg wattage.
"total time" is hard for some SOGers as i constantly harvest. "total time" for me is the last ~20 years with a 3 year break for probation.

60 days works for tree grows as well...

i see it as a running total to be averaged over years..

so the tree guy only harvests every 180 days(just a number mind you) he divides the final number by 60.
i do the same.

(as an aside i think the tree grower will be more efficient but i like propagation)
there has to be some time element is my general point. ~60 is what i use but hell like i said im SOGcentric

thinkin

Brain Storm on Lighting Efficiency scale

Brain Storm on Lighting Efficiency scale

Consider only looking at lighting efficiency.
(every indoor garden needs 'em.)
Nute delivery/climate control can be made another rating because these variables are too different for each grow and some #s are much harder to find/figure out than others.

Goal to calculate:
Grams Per Kilowatt for lights
Veg thru Bloom

example
four 23w cfls to veg (4 wks).
a 150w hps to bloom (10 wks)
155 grams

= .899 gpk

calculation is explained in pdf.

L

laylow

I only got 2.17gpw......
no fancy calculations though.. just what bulbs were used in flower...
peace
BL

spill the beans then Bill.... i follow most of your work but there nowhere where you got a comprehensive report why dont you start up a thread with your pic's and info sure a lot of people are interested including my self and could learn a lot :D

:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
I hear you. Like I said, I'm not bagging on anybody.

But it seems to me that:

1,234,567 could either be:

one million two hundred thirty four thousand five hundred sixty seven

or it could be one thousand two hundred thirty four and five hundred sixty seven thousandths.

Which would be a BIG difference.

How do you know which is which?

Yes, I know.

I'm asking because I want to understand it. I'm a curious type.
one thousand two hundred thirty four and five hundred sixty seven thousandths.

would be written like this:

No confusion.

bobblehead

Veteran
ummm not to be a stickler but it would look like this...

and=decimal

you're missing the rest of the conversation... go back and read all the posts between Anti and myself.

In French, Spanish, and other languages, the comma and period are reversed for numbers.

c'est bon?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
no parley jibber jabber

ds_img_direct.php

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
In French, Spanish, and other languages, the comma and period are reversed for numbers.

c'est bon?

That was the data that I needed. At the beginning of the conversation, it seemed like you were saying they didn't use the period at all. Now we're saying that they use commas like we'd use a period and vice versa.

That's instantly understandable.

So 1,500,000,000.001 would be: 1.500.000.000,001?

bobblehead

Veteran
That was the data that I needed. At the beginning of the conversation, it seemed like you were saying they didn't use the period at all. Now we're saying that they use commas like we'd use a period and vice versa.

That's instantly understandable.

So 1,500,000,000.001 would be: 1.500.000.000,001?

Yes. Sorry, I thought it was obvious... I should have explained more clearly.

Kroggi

I get more confused when they switch the month and day around when showing a date (i.e. 25/07/2011)

That way is the right way to write it... The other way around is confusing... Its pretty simple too why this is the RIGHT way to do it...
Day - Month - Year... instead of Month, Day, Year... Thats just fucked up :p

Like when u say 25th of july, 2011... You write it 07/25/2011 ? Or do u say July 25th 2011 ?

Because we say it with the day first, then month, then year...

But... Im just curious now, how come the 1.5 gpw grows aint the subject anymore, and comma / period or dates is ?!?!?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Like when u say 25th of july, 2011... You write it 07/25/2011 ? Or do u say July 25th 2011 ?

It is said both ways, but the average american would say "July 25th, 2011."

(American military writes dates just like Europe and they use a 24 hour clock, rather than a 12.)

But... Im just curious now, how come the 1.5 gpw grows aint the subject anymore, and comma / period or dates is ?!?!?
We here in the vert forum take every opportunity to learn from one another, Kroggi. We don't get too bogged down with staying on topic, because we're real men and we can handle the distractions.

Kinda how I took the time to answer your offtopic post about how to write the dates instead of talking up my new Colosseum build where I intend to SMASH 1.5 per watt. :tiphat:

Kroggi

Haha right on Anti... No offense tho, i aint here to switch the subject BACK to 1.5 GPW grows, i just found it a bit funny that it changed and more or less still is the subject :D

Oh and ofcourse, we use the 24 hour clock aswell ;)

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I use Bobbles new design and ONLY stack 1k's.......I'm pretty sure I can get to 1.5gpw or damn close to it.....if I'm lucky....maybe even beat that!

Billy Liar

spill the beans then Bill.... i follow most of your work but there nowhere where you got a comprehensive report why dont you start up a thread with your pic's and info sure a lot of people are interested including my self and could learn a lot :D

:tiphat:
I did 2 trees and a v-scrog around the back side of the vertical bulbs, plant to light layout was:
ox
xo
for the trees in a squarish room, then on the walls behind the bulbs were the nets for the v-scrog.. I flip flopped the lighting so only 600w were used, I yielded a 10oz tree; a 24 oz tree; and 12.5 oz from the vscrog, a total of 46.5oz = 1302gr / 600w = 2.17gpw (or 2,17 if in europe:moon:)..
one of the trees yield was not great and the vscrog was a bit scappy, I could get 3gpw from that room, but its shut down for now as business doesn't allow time for it...
Pics are on an old HD I hope.. I closed my account at the forum that hosted them, so they don't show in the threads anymore...
peace
BL

Status
Not open for further replies.