What's new

Anti's MicroStealth Cab Design (Dr. Bud Method)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thanks for the love, ya'll. Anybody who builds one of these or bases a design on this, I'd appreciate if you'd post some pics to the thread.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
UPDATE W/PICS: ROUND 5 WEIGH IN

UPDATE W/PICS: ROUND 5 WEIGH IN

picture.php

Pic taken tonight, right before weighing and jarring.
Per Plant Totals:

#1 - 8.7g
#2 - 8.6g
#3 - 8.3g
#4 - 6.3g
========
TOTAL 31.9g

Average = 7.975g per plant

Extrapolating from there, at a maximum capacity of 36 plants at a time, (7.975 g/plant x 36 plants = 287.1g) so the total yield per 9 week cycle could be as much as 287.1g! Divide that by 28g and you get 10.25 ounces per 9.5 week cycle.

However, there is still a good 3"-4" before this canopy runs into the glass ceiling. I believe that with an extra inch or two of height we could be looking at 8.5-9+ g per plantlet. [Plants 1,2 and 3 were flowered at 5". Plant 4 was flowered at 2". Since then, I've been flowering the new recruits at 6" and up.]

At 8.5g per plant that'd be nearly 11 ounces (10.9) per 9.5wk cycle.

[In a 2.01 sq ft enclosure, under 252w of CFL bulbs, and being circulated and exhausted by a 120mm computer fan.]

This is getting interesting.

Last edited:

Green Smoke

Congrats Anti, you're almost dialed in and it's a wonderful thing to behold. :good:

The buds are in focus this time, way to stay on task despite the obvious distraction(s).

tronkyx

Shit men,

You are the fukin' god, I hope my next grow op, will make half of your results.

Yeah men, regards.
Tronkyx

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Congrats Anti, you're almost dialed in and it's a wonderful thing to behold. :good:

The buds are in focus this time, way to stay on task despite the obvious distraction(s).

Well, I had access to a much better camera (Sony 10.1 megapixel with Carl Zeiss Lens vs Sanyo 8.1 megapixel with tiny plastic lens) and I didn't want to let you down. I took about 10 different shots before I chose that particular one. Glad the effort paid off to your satisfaction. I do aim to please.

:thank you:

Thanks also to tronkyx, Scrub Ninja, DaftBud and everybody else for support and encouragement.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
so then; next order of business, making this happen:

I'm working on it. My cloning technique still needs some "dialing in". I tried taking very small cuts the way Dr. Bud and Thundurkel do (like, 1.5" or less clones) and most of them never rooted. I've had much more success with larger clones (3" or bigger) but I can't get as many 3" clones at once.

I still have a big mama AK47 bush (in its own container) and I have a new bonzai mama in the veg room. There are currently 17 plants in the flowering room, and a new batch of clones will be joining them in the next week. Once I get it completely full, we'll see if the gram per plant ratio stays the same. If not, I'll probably go back to the 32 oz pots, because I managed to pull 3.5oz at once from only 13 plants in the 32oz pots.

I'd love to see pics of what you can achieve in your "mirror" box.

hey there anti, looks like you are well on your way. i've read up on dr/thund/your posts, and decided to join the cfl club (ok, i was going to grow anyway, but with summer coming, my dr80 // 400w setup is going to be real loud, with the air conditioner + 180 cfm inline fan going at the same time). i may still run a 250w with my switchable lumatek ballast, but it looks like the cfl's are going to be more quiet.

so, i've got myself a 11.75'' x 18'' x 30'' cabinet for a mom room to get a couple beans to maturity like you did. as for my flowering cab, i think i'll be going with something like 1ft by 2ft by 2.5 ft.

lol, ok so wait, i'm really stoned - so for the reason i was posting :biglaugh:! i read earlier that you bought a cpu power supply for your 12v cpu case fans. well when i read that i had this great idea and tore out a power supply from an old junk pc i had laying around. but when i plug it in, it doesn't turn on. do you have to do something special to these things? i traced the wire that was connected to the "power" button (the button on the pc case) only to find some small tiny plug that was probably plugged into the mother board.. i could spend some extra cash, but i would hate to see the power supply go to waste, especially if there's a way to get it to run!

p.s. i know that the power supply does, in fact work. so we could rule out malfunction as one of the possible cause!:wave:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm working on it. My cloning technique still needs some "dialing in". I tried taking very small cuts the way Dr. Bud and Thundurkel do (like, 1.5" or less clones) and most of them never rooted. I've had much more success with larger clones (3" or bigger) but I can't get as many 3" clones at once.

I still have a big mama AK47 bush (in its own container) and I have a new bonzai mama in the veg room. There are currently 17 plants in the flowering room, and a new batch of clones will be joining them in the next week. Once I get it completely full, we'll see if the gram per plant ratio stays the same. If not, I'll probably go back to the 32 oz pots, because I managed to pull 3.5oz at once from only 13 plants in the 32oz pots.

I'd love to see pics of what you can achieve in your "mirror" box.

Yea notice how I don't take lil clones no more hahah 3-6" for me now!

Broken Gizzard

Anti...

Anti...

...may I make a suggestion?

Since you seem a bit cramped for space, I see some that may be utilized:
Try moving the drying area up to the top, opposite the fan/filter assy, then increasing the size of the flower area.

Looks great! Good design! Very efficient. :tiphat:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
the reason i was posting :biglaugh:! i read earlier that you bought a cpu power supply for your 12v cpu case fans. well when i read that i had this great idea and tore out a power supply from an old junk pc i had laying around. but when i plug it in, it doesn't turn on. do you have to do something special to these things?

What I did was stick a paperclip into the slot with the green wire. Do a search on google for "PSU without PC" and this'll come up:

pixel.gif

How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC.jpg

That little switch in this picture is what I replaced with a paperclip. If i wanted to turn it off (which I haven't) I'd just use the switch on the PSU itself.

Hope this helps. That google search will get you as in depth as you wanna go.
:wave:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
...may I make a suggestion?

Since you seem a bit cramped for space, I see some that may be utilized:
Try moving the drying area up to the top, opposite the fan/filter assy, then increasing the size of the flower area.

Looks great! Good design! Very efficient. :tiphat:

If I wanted more space, I'd just make a bigger cab. The drying area does double duty as a massive passive intake behind a light sealed baffle. If I moved it, I'd have to redesign the entire cab. Easier to just build another cab with larger flowering chamber, if that was the goal.

Thanks for your input, though.

B

Bottled Cat

Very inspiring thread, going to start a SOG asap... :)
Just one quick question if you don't mind, but what nutes are you using?
Thank you!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Current Soil Mix / Feeding Regimen / Watering Technique

Current Soil Mix / Feeding Regimen / Watering Technique

currently i use miracle grow 'organic' soil with a 30% horticultural perlite ratio, with added lime, wormcastings and Espoma Bio-Tone Starter Plus.

I have two five gallon buckets that I have marked with a sharpie at the 1, 2, 3, 4 gallon levels. I have a 20gal air pump attached to a 4" circular air stone that sits in the bottom of the "oldest" bucket. Every other day I use the older bucket to feed the plants and then after I'm done, fill it with tap water from my tub and allow it to sit for 2 days. Then I pull the airstone out of a bucket that has had the airstone in it for 2 MORE days (total of 4 since pouring) and mix the meal for my girls. The airstone goes into the second bucket, which will be constantly aerated for the next 48 hours until the next watering.

When plants are going from being newly rooted clones to 6" plantlets, they get plain water with 3-4 drops per gallon of Superthrive.

When the plants are big enough to flower, they go into the flower cab and get fed DYNA-GRO Liquid Bloom (1/2 tsp per gallon) plus 3-4 drops per gallon of Superthrive.

I water by putting the plants in a small basin, adding a gallon or so of water to the bottom of the basin and then watering the plants from above until bubbles stop coming out of the soil. I then place them in a dry basin for 5-10 minutes while 90% of the excess water drains off. Then they go back in the cabinet.

From time to time, if I see a plant yellowing prematurely I add a little Alaska Fish Fertilizer (N) to the mix.

All of my nutes are WAAAAAY cheap compared to what I saw at the hydro store. (Like by a factor of four or more!)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Just for kicks....

This is what I'm smoking right now. Two weeks cure.
Smells funkier and funkier every night.