What's new

Another yield thread....

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the spot is looking tight man. good work. def get the ww out there and some gonzo#1??? :joint:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
ive been doing mine 2x2x2 and replacing the lot, used something like 35gallons lool!! but omg do they grow fast in it, like .5ft every week. you will get your big bush, but only if you give them plenty of veg time, so get going asap :)

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Well, for those keeping track of such things...

The plot pictured is 10' x 6' x 18" deep. That is essentially 90 cu ft. or about 580 gallons. The entire hole was dug out and the natural earth was replace entirely with a growing medium.

For the hole:

All organic high N compost
28 cu. ft. of peat moss
14 cu. ft. of perlite
2.2# Indonesian bat guano
3# organic steamed bone meal
1.5# Kelp Meal
4# dolomite lime
1# dichotomous earth

Fully expecting to top feed around a # of Budswell at some point near the first part of August....

imagejpeg952.jpg

The plot will be soaked with around 30g of liquid karma solution and then we'll get some plants in there after a couple of weeks....

dank.Frank

oooh, nice bed, id like one of those :D

i agree with the others, 6-8 plants a good distance apart, top your plants a few times and they will all be monsters.
btw, that plot really stands out badly, i suggest putting that dead grass ontop of it, it'll stop the soil drying so fast as well if you use enough of it.

nomaad

Veteran
30 gallons of LK? I missed that... big waste of product if so. you could get the same results with a weekly foliar spary... you MIGHT go thru 3 gallons for the entire season that way.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol....c'mon...really....we are not THAT new to things around here...hahaha

No, I'm soaking the plot down with 30g of water mixed with 3ml of LK per gallon....so a total of what...90ml of LK...hahahaha

Just getting the microbes going...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oooh, nice bed, id like one of those :D

i agree with the others, 6-8 plants a good distance apart, top your plants a few times and they will all be monsters.
btw, that plot really stands out badly, i suggest putting that dead grass ontop of it, it'll stop the soil drying so fast as well if you use enough of it.

HAHAHAHA...I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that....

The plot stays covered properly when not being worked on. It blends with it's natural surroundings....

dank.Frank

Last edited:

NickMode

good luck.

I saw you had PPP on your list. I grew ppp last year in id say 15gallon holes outdoors and it got like 11ft tall.

so if u dont want huge plants think about some LSTing

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update time...

Update time...

The Intro

Well, it was a beautiful morning....must have had a bit of a sprinkle last night...things are pretty wet. This can't all be dew....but the sun was shinning bright...the birds were chirping...

skyy.jpg

As I was enjoying my little stroll.... :dance013: .... I smelt a very familiar odor! What was this....REALLY! :yay:

Considering it was still kinda mid-season, still WAY to early to smell flowering plants. Why oh why is this smell so strong??!! :smoker:
But this was too fresh...this couldn't be someone smoking...

So I made my way through some thick brush...stirring up the horse flies and mosquitoes...causing me to slap at the back and top of my head irreverently. The sound of my hand slapping my flesh echoing through out the early morning quiet....SHHHHHH!! :bashhead:

And suddenly a nice little clearing opened up....it all seems some how soooo familiar. I remember this now, but soooo much has changed!!

The Plot

julyplotview3.jpg

julyplotview2.jpg

julyplotview1.jpg

The Main Characters

Chem D clone:

ChemDjuly0.jpg

ChemDjuly1.jpg

Arcata Trainwreck clone:

twjuly0.jpg

twjuly1.jpg

Chem D x Northern Lights (pheno/plant #5):

chemdxnl-runt.jpg

chemdxnl1.jpg

Intermission

Wow....what a wonderful day in nature. Please keep in mind I have not watered or fed these plants ANYTHING since the day they were put into their happy organic bed. I have not monitored them. This is my first visit in about a month. And before that I had only seen this plot one time the month before....

Ron Popeil ain't got nuttin' on ME....THIS....is how you "set it and forget it"!!!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Intro

Well, it was a beautiful morning....must have had a bit of a sprinkle last night...things are pretty wet. This can't all be dew....but the sun was shinning bright...the birds were chirping...

skyy.jpg

As I was enjoying my little stroll.... :dance013: .... I smelt a very familiar odor! What was this....REALLY! :yay:

Considering it was still kinda mid-season, still WAY to early to smell flowering plants. Why oh why is this smell so strong??!! :smoker:
But this was too fresh...this couldn't be someone smoking...

So I made my way through some thick brush...stirring up the horse flies and mosquitoes...causing me to slap at the back and top of my head irreverently. The sound of my hand slapping my flesh echoing through out the early morning quiet....SHHHHHH!! :bashhead:

And suddenly a nice little clearing opened up....it all seems some how soooo familiar. I remember this now, but soooo much has changed!!

The Plot

julyplotview3.jpg

julyplotview2.jpg

julyplotview1.jpg

The Main Characters

Chem D clone:

ChemDjuly0.jpg

ChemDjuly1.jpg

Arcata Trainwreck clone:

twjuly0.jpg

twjuly1.jpg

Chem D x Northern Lights (pheno/plant #5):

chemdxnl-runt.jpg

chemdxnl1.jpg

Intermission

Wow....what a wonderful day in nature. Please keep in mind I have not watered or fed these plants ANYTHING since the day they were put into their happy organic bed. I have not monitored them. This is my first visit in about a month. And before that I had only seen this plot one time the month before....

Ron Popeil ain't got nuttin' on ME....THIS....is how you "set it and forget it"!!!

dank.Frank

awesome! i love set and forget ;) they are enjoying the spot for sure. gonna need a new scale!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dank very nice..I like that opening image with the window to the sky for the sun to peek through...good luck with this one this summer...DD

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For anyone curious, the stalks on the plants are JUST about the size of a cola can.

The one TW that is growing straight up, is over 6' and the Chem D is around 5'8 or so.

The Chem D x NL, there are two phenos of. Only one is pictured. (pheno #5) These don't really seem to be doing all that great in the outdoors. They have the most vigorus side branching, but just are not getting any height to them at all. HOWEVER, pheno #3, is growing just as large as all the other plants in the garden, which puts them between 5'5 and 5'10...

The Ice plant, (was really just a clone gifted to me because someone wanted to see it ran outside...I can't say I was overly impressed with the finished product from the indoor run, honestly, so...whatever, it's out there...) is growing as healthy and happy as the rest.

Folks, these plants are going to be 10ft tall in the fall....mark my words....no doubt about it.

Another thing I will say for those of you that have been following along the entire thread:
I WISH I HAD LISTENED TO THOSE THAT SAID LESS PLANTS IN THAT PLOT.
Being my first real attempt at a serious OD, I wasn't too sure. I was convinced that the Cali growers with their irrigation and full open fields providing full sun had no concept of how plants grow when they are NOT in a perfect / ideal setup.

The fact of the matter is, I would have gotten better results and could have really had room to train the plants into full bushes, rather than the super tall, going to need some serious support, monsters they are going to be.

Don't get me wrong, this is working quite well as you see, but the fall is a long way off. And these plants are going to kinda find there way into flowering season over the next three weeks or so...and then the stretch begins. You can see how spread out the internodes are already....all I can really do is sit back and watch.

Auto-pilot on.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts