What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANOTHER school tragedy!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It doesn't matter where you are in this world, all it takes is one very troubled person with a knife/fork/gun/cricket bat, or anything that can be used as a weapon to commit murder and our lives and/or our loved ones lives can be snuffed out.

.......all it takes is one nut case.

don't forget about a person with a car or other vehicle.. they could do even more damage than the others.

St. Phatty

The worst mass killing in Texas history, at Sutherland Springs... was STOPPED by a man with an 'evil' AR-15. No telling how many more would have been killed if not for him. The F-ing media never mentions that fact. If our society wasn't so pussy-fied, far fewer of these things would happen because more of us would be armed and take action as the hero at Sutherland Springs, TX did.

When I was about 2 years old my father made the mistake of taking the family camping in Baja Mexico.

He also brought a handgun, although that was illegal.

A group of about 3 men approached the camp. They did not appear to be Mormons or Girl Scout Cookie salespeople.

My father retrieved his handgun and just stood there with it in his hand.

The 3 men retreated.

We don't actually know if our lives were saved by that illegal handgun.

Last time I was in Tijuana, shooting the breeze with the local Yuppie & working class folks, I learned something new.

It is common practice in Tijuana for citizens to own a firearm. AR15's are especially prized.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hey, god damned, this is an INTERNATIONAL Forum, I don´t want to hear and read, all the time about the americans and their 2. amandment and gun problems. It´s boring and brings bad vibrations. at last:tiphat:

brown_thumb

^^^ If I see a thread about German things I'm not interested in, I won't read or post in it. The 'Toker's Den' is precisely the correct place for off-topic discussion. I promise not to post a complaint in a German Brat Fest thread.;):D

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The whole gun debate is VERY important to most people from the USA, and we do have a majority of members from that area of the planet, so its topical for them to discuss it....and they are welcome to..

Solutions are only found thru good communication and understanding of the topics at hand, and the Tokers Den is the place on ICMAG where we can discuss these things.

Satyros

Without a corroborating link, I remember the China knife attack from several years ago.

I like German firearms, but could only get a Portuguese copy. It's for stopping human beings, no warning. Although I think the days of the Regulators and the Bastille where you could swipe a pile of guns and be on equal footing versus a professional military are long gone.

In America, kids took their guns to school (openly) until relatively recent times. My hands would be great murder weapons, nothing else is necessary.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I don´t know, I liked it better in the past, where we don´t had so much threads about politics and guns and conspiracy theorys. It only is bringing bad blood.

Brother Nature

I think 'bad blood' as you put it isn't a bad thing. We can't have any negatives in this world without having positives, it's the way we as humans have come to define the world. What goes up must come down, every action has to have an equal an opposite reaction, etc... I for one love the fact I can come on here and argue with people without the societal consequences that'd I'd have if say I voiced my opinions at work. Sometimes comments get removed, threads get deleted, people get banned, it happens, most of us can get over it pretty quickly and I think it's rather healthy to get the negatives as well as the positives out. The issue seems to be when you're views are skewed in one direction or the other and you start to feel superior or better than those you're trying to have a discussion with, but most of those threads get shut down when that happens and for good reason.

It seems like our current society is geared so much towards no offending or hurting anyone's feelings that we simply have forgotten who the fuck we are. People are offensive, we have ideas and philosophies and cultural values that differ greatly from one and another. We should celebrate and not repress that. I personally think this is what makes humanity great, but that doesn't seem to be the prevailing thought of society. For example I have a guy who works above me in my job and I, in every way, despise this man, everything he says is bullshit and he goes on about all sorts of world events as if he were the supreme know it all being in the universe. Sadly, in the way our society is constructed here, if I were to blatantly disagree or call him out on his bullshit it would effect me negatively. So instead of calling that asshole out I can come on here, view interesting threads such as this one, have my input safely and even learn some things which tends to happen quite a lot.

Also, not ragging on you at all Herman, just providing an alternative viewpoint. :)

Bulldog11

Veteran
This whole guns are bad movement is based by governments trying to take your ability to protect yourselves. Everybody please watch this video, and start to realize how rediculous that line of thinking is, and where it leads.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XReb5jKRLIc&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XReb5jKRLIc&feature=youtu.be

London was always low on crime, until they ban guns. Now the murder rate is above New York city, and now you can't even buy a kitchen knife for dinner. The criminals all still have the guns, home invasions have sky rocketed, and the last line of protection is now being taken away. Wake up people...... Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. Guns are the great equalizer.

As for not having the conversation.... Why, so the media can have it for us? Wake UP!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
This whole guns are bad movement is based by governments trying to take your ability to protect yourselves. Everybody please watch this video, and start to realize how rediculous that line of thinking is, and where it leads.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XReb5jKRLIc&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XReb5jKRLIc&feature=youtu.be

London was always low on crime, until they ban guns. Now the murder rate is above New York city, and now you can't even buy a kitchen knife for dinner. The criminals all still have the guns, home invasions have sky rocketed, and the last line of protection is now being taken away. Wake up people...... Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. Guns are the great equalizer.

As for not having the conversation.... Why, so the media can have it for us? Wake UP!

The UK gives people who defend themselves in their own home more prison time, than the people who break in to the home.

brown_thumb

I don´t know, I liked it better in the past, where we don´t had so much threads about politics and guns and conspiracy theorys. It only is bringing bad blood.

There's some truth to that. However, the real 'bad blood' is present in our ailing society and it's worsening. Discussing it is the only way to spread knowledge and offer solutions to our problems. Talking is productive and healthy if our intentions are good. We need to understand what the true problems are, and agree on positive measures to remedy them.

As others have stated, the problem isn't firearms. The problem is societal stresses and mental illness. How do we address these issues?

Most news media never mentions: The worst mass shooting in Texas, USA history was stopped by a man with an 'evil' AR-15 rifle.

BTW, I wish people would stop using the term 'assault rifle' to describe a typical AR-15 because they are not fully automatic machine guns. They're not significantly different than a hunting rifle, which many are semi-automatic and use magazines, like the AR-15 does. High capacity magazines aren't the problem either because magazines can be swapped in about one second. So it makes no significant difference in rapid fire whether a single 100-round magazine is used, or ten 10-round magazines. We've been brainwashed to believe AR-15 rifles are somehow more deadly than any other type of firearm. If one knows the 'facts' then it becomes obvious that belief is silly.

I'm tired of typing. Those with their minds locked won't believe anything I've written anyway.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ The Vegas shooting could have been done without the bumpfire stock. Even with a bolt action rifle with plenty of 5 round magazines.

London is the end game for the gun grabbers and left. You are on a camera wherever you go. Still not safe. Make a loud noise and jump up and down if someone breaks into your home. How many of those stabbings by immigrants or their children? Probably a shitload.

Good luck finding out on that, they will bury it of course.