What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another school shooting

vta

Veteran
Pump your brakes goat boy. Youre chaffing because your tin foil hat citation is dismissed as a load of 3rd rate, red neck bullshit

Such a nice guy. Makes it easy to have a rational discussion with someone so open minded as yourself.

vta

Veteran
Is there some sort of statistics that can tell us how many people are getting killed by registered guns, and those getting killed by unregistered guns?.....although I'm sure that everyone who shoots someone does not stop to fill out a questionnaire that asks if their weapon is registered or not, it would be interesting to have some idea.

The majority of gun deaths are suicide (30,000 vs. 3,000 or so). So I would assume most of those guns are used by the registered owner, on themselves. The remaining 3,000 or so murders generally happen in metropolitan areas with very strict gun control, most of those are stolen and or unregistered. Also, defensive use of firearms are also included in the overall number.

CaptainDankness

What if every gun made had to have a camera on it and recorded every bullet fired, and in what circumstance/location the 'shooting' took place?

Then those who genuinely are using them for self defense can actually show that is the case because the shooting incident would have been recorded up on some 'Cloud' somewhere.

Of course you would have to try and make 350 million other 'regular' guns inoperable, or get people to exchange them for the new 'smart' weapons somehow....but that ain't gonna be so easy to work.
You can still buy black powder 6 shooters without a background check for pretty cheap even as a felon. Carry a bunch of pistols like a pirate, you have plenty fire power and with practice is just as deadly as a Glock.

Smart guns just don't make much sense, as an option they are fine but mandatory not going to happen, all older guns will be collector items you ain't taking civil war pistols from collectors. Let alone German firearms thier full autos are worth big bucks.

brown_thumb

What if every gun made had to have a camera on it and recorded every bullet fired, and in what circumstance/location the 'shooting' took place?

Then those who genuinely are using them for self defense can actually show that is the case because the shooting incident would have been recorded up on some 'Cloud' somewhere.

Of course you would have to try and make 350 million other 'regular' guns inoperable, or get people to exchange them for the new 'smart' weapons somehow....but that ain't gonna be so easy to work.

How would you get criminals to leave the cameras and cloud connectivity attached to the firearms?:)

Such a nice guy. Makes it easy to have a rational discussion with someone so open minded as yourself.

4 points

1- "nice guy" bro i dont GAF about your personal judgment of my posts or my character. Nor am i operating a popularity contest.

2- when i made this post #51"I'm not arguing that some particular move might have stopped this atrocity. My point is that the carnival atmosphere, the rhetoric of the NRA, the imbecile level debates about the meaning of the 2nd amendment, the association of guns with freedoms, the trivializing of lethal weapons all set a tone that fosters more commitments to guns than human life."

Your "open minded" reply, which seems to have been taken down, said, with regard to my post "all i see is ignorance"
Son, "ignorance" doesnt mean what you think it does.

3- you posted a load of regurgitated nra dogma from a clownlike source and you got rebuked for it by several people. Youre butt hurt because your opinions were dismissed. Keep it real bro, your source was a joke. Your cred is likewise sketchy.

4-"the greatest fear of the founding fathers was big government and that the people should be well armed in case it turns against the people" gtfoh. Former student of murrican history, trump u? Bro take your fraud settlement from potus and study American history outside of creation camp or nra coloring books.

Green Squall

You can still buy black powder 6 shooters without a background check for pretty cheap even as a felon. Carry a bunch of pistols like a pirate, you have plenty fire power and with practice is just as deadly as a Glock.

Smart guns just don't make much sense, as an option they are fine but mandatory not going to happen, all older guns will be collector items you ain't taking civil war pistols from collectors. Let alone German firearms thier full autos are worth big bucks.

Anything Pre-1899 is considered an antique and requires no background checks or anything.

M

moose eater

They made Colt Center-fire pistols and cartridges pre-1899, if I'm correct, but they were typically built to tolerances of pressures created by the powders back then.

The older 'cowboy six-shooters' burned a relatively slow-burning powder. One step up from crude black powder.

I bought some 'Cowboy cartridges' for my wife in .45 Long Colt, to get her accustomed to shooting the custom .454 Cassul I had built for her, and it was a huge error, in terms of clean-up. Slow-burning, sooty, etc.

vta

Veteran
4 points

3- you posted a load of regurgitated nra dogma from a clownlike source and you got rebuked for it by several people. Youre butt hurt because your opinions were dismissed. Keep it real bro, your source was a joke. Your cred is likewise sketchy.

I disagree. Those were facts stated in that piece. Just because it comes from a right of center website doesn't mean jack shit. Facts are facts.

I tried to be civil towards you...you resort to name calling and down talking. Rock on !

shithawk420

Veteran
Touché SH!

I do forgive your misspelling, though...

No, but seriously, I was talking of civil society, not skirmishes between the IRA and the British army up there in Ulster?
my keyboard is broken so sometimes some letters work and sometimes they dont.20 beers doesnt really help either!lol

im pretty sure the IRA killed more Irish then Brits.But im American so forgive me if im wrong

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Anything Pre-1899 is considered an antique and requires no background checks or anything.

many firearms made before 1968 did not have serial numbers, like my Colt Detective Special in .38 caliber. some states allow you to have cap & ball revolvers fully loaded w/percussion caps on. this is NOT true of muzzle-loading rifles while on managed hunting areas. caps OFF when in car, just to keep morons from shooting out the windows at road-side deer etc.:biggrin:

Green Squall

many firearms made before 1968 did not have serial numbers, like my Colt Detective Special in .38 caliber. some states allow you to have cap & ball revolvers fully loaded w/percussion caps on. this is NOT true of muzzle-loading rifles while on managed hunting areas. caps OFF when in car, just to keep morons from shooting out the windows at road-side deer etc.:biggrin:

There's usually always a way to identify the year a gun was made. Sometimes markings and serial numbers can be found in odd places like inside the grip. If your curious, check out Colt Forums and someone can help you.

M

moose eater

I have a couple of .22 rifles that pre-date mandatory serial numbers. One in particular is an old Remington Model 33, made in about 1935, but not a serial number ANY place on it. Fitted to an old (similar vintage but a bit newer) Weaver (I think) B4 narrow tubed scope, on a taller N3 side mount.. Single-shot bolt action, and with about 25% of the bore shot out of it, it still does head shots on pesky marauding red squirrels at 60-100 ft. Hardwood stock darkened from age, form-fitted steel butt plate, and most of any bluing that once existed gone, and now it looks like gray gun metal. Kind of attractive in its own right. Long bbl.

Another that I don't think has a serial number on it is an old Cooey .22 repeater, bolt action, tube fed. Which is a Canadian-made Winchester. Cooey went through several owners, to include Savage and Winchester. This one with engravings in the walnut of a rabbit in brush/grass on each side of the grip on the butt stock. Also mostly down to gun metal gray. Same scope and mount as the Remington.

The trigger group on the Cooey has been meticulously welded, after I loaned it to folks using it as a prop for a stage play, and the fellow doing the shooting in the play torqued on the trigger, rather than just gently squeezing it, and broke the thing. Fortunately it was repairable.

Both have knurled nuts on the fore-stock just ahead of the trigger guard, for removal of the bbl and receiver without tools, assuming the nuts weren't tightened too harshly when they were put back together the previous time.

Many guns, not all, but many, were made with no serial number markings on them. Rifling markings on the projectile is one means of identification that goes beyond serial numbers.

vta

Veteran
It is up to the citizens to protect each other. When seconds count, cops are minutes away.

Multiple Armed Citizens Shot And Killed The Mass Shooter In Oklahoma Restaurant, Police Say

Police revealed on Friday that two armed citizens were both responsible for shooting and killing a mass shooter at a restaurant in Oklahoma on Thursday.

Initial reports that surfaced late on Thursday indicated that the gunman was shot and killed by a single armed citizen, but police said on Friday that when the 28-year-old gunman walked into Louie's restaurant in Oklahoma City and opened fire, hitting three people, he was met by two armed citizens who pulled out their guns and shot and killed him. KFOR-TV reports:

Authorities identified the two armed civilians who were responsible for stopping [the shooter] as 35-year-old Juan Carlos Nazario and 39-year-old Bryan Whittle.

"I spotted the [shooter] walking north up the sidewalk, and pointed him out to the guy who had the weapon, and then there was another guy who had one," Ron Benton told News 4. "They were really screaming. They were like, 'Stop! stop! stop! Please! Put the gun down! Please put the gun down!' And I was pointing at him, I was like 'Down! Put it down! Put it down!' and they wound up exchanging fire."

Oklahoma City Police Department Capt. Bo Mathews said that he was thankful that the only person who died in the shooting was the perpetrator.

"Thankfully the only person that is deceased is the person who was trying to harm others, and it looks like others are going to survive at this point," Mathews said. "That`s the best thing that we can hope for at this point."

vta

Veteran
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts