What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Embracing the Suck.

Casper808

Will try bucket head...I tink he found phone....had snow up hea also,not plenty.got a guerrilla glue/jack/bubba/Appalachian Dat looks mean.oldest boy named it tigers tits...try get shot

oldhaole

Veteran
Thats MISTER Buckethead to You Mere Mortals

Thats MISTER Buckethead to You Mere Mortals

Oh Great. The fuckin' peanut gallery is acting up.

Buckethead?

You refering to me? Ok. Been called better things by worse people.

Well, I'm sorry, but buckethead has been kinda busy. I doubt you got the memo, seeing as you slept thru it, but there was a Kona storm. Now I know you guys at the ass end of the islands, you get these things last, and in a rather weakened state, since all the other island did the heavy lifting, and broke the storm up to just a gentle breeze by the time it reaches you all.

I know, I know, you do the same thing with the hurricanes.... so I'm not bitching, it was just our turn.

You want to know what our plants look like? Simple. Unplug your refrigerator and take it outside. Put the fridge next to one of your plants. Now gently, tip the fridge onto your plant. Remove the fridge, and take it back inside.

See the plant that was horizontal is now vertical? Kinda crushed and dirty, real flat? That's what Casper's garden looks like. Mine looks a little different. In my case, the bamboo I grew to shelter the house from storms just like this will push the wind over my house. In pushing the wind over the roof, some of it gets redirected down, eddying straight onto the gulch garden. Unlike Casper, who gets lateral wind, due to the bamboo, I get sharp downdrafts, that close to the bamboo, they don't only knock young plants down, they bust tops off the budding bigger plants too. Neat thing is after the storm, instead of falling down stem to the South, like almost every piece of vegitation is laying, mine all fall stem to the North

This last Kona went over real quick. After 60 MPH winds, and dumping almost 5 inches of rain overnight, and knocking the power off for a good 7 hours, by 10 the sun had come out and was drying all the busted plants. By evening, everything was dry, so it was easy to work with, and the fixes were simple. What also helped was the majority of the plants this time of year are in pots, so they went thru the storm inside. Waiting where they would not get hurt. Pre storm, I took the Skunkdogs, and I only had 6 plants in the garden.

The blackout has me worried. My cloner was off for those 7 hours, when it came back on, everything was fine, nothing had wilted, but did that gap fuck them up? I'm a week into it. A fuck up that will take another two weeks to find? Like a true buckethead, I've messed my last two clone runs up. It doesn't matter because I have the starts from seed....that and I'm a real efficient beggar.

But if I mess this run up, it'll cause problems up the road.

Unluckily, the first small wave from seed had been planted a week back. They got knocked over, twice, but are doing fine now. The second, somewhat bigger wave went in yesterday evening. Since the cloneroom was getting crowded, they thankfuly are now outside in the bottom garden. Next up today are still more clones, out to the gulch.

And in the course of three days, we have a Kona storm, damage fixed, and almost the entire garden replanted, right up to my numbers.

Not too bad for a buckethead.

The Revolution

Veteran
Give em hell old haole. Glad to hear you held up well. As for the others.. well fuck em..

JK Jk
Hope everyone and everything has weathered well. Were a resilient lot. Keep on keepin on brothers.
wishing you all a mari and prosperous new year.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
After all that you have made it to Master Buckethead. But we know who wears the big bucket over there. I hope this next front is weaker, us peanut gallery gang is pulling for you guys. I just got my new blue card my last one they will be white from now on. The letter explained the primary thing we are looking good, Mr Green from Kona didn't get what he wanted. We won that fight. Mahalo from the peanut gallery.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Oh Great. The fuckin' peanut gallery is acting up.

Buckethead?

You refering to me? Ok. Been called better things by worse people.

Well, I'm sorry, but buckethead has been kinda busy. I doubt you got the memo, seeing as you slept thru it, but there was a Kona storm. Now I know you guys at the ass end of the islands, you get these things last, and in a rather weakened state, since all the other island did the heavy lifting, and broke the storm up to just a gentle breeze by the time it reaches you all.

I know, I know, you do the same thing with the hurricanes.... so I'm not bitching, it was just our turn.

You want to know what our plants look like? Simple. Unplug your refrigerator and take it outside. Put the fridge next to one of your plants. Now gently, tip the fridge onto your plant. Remove the fridge, and take it back inside.

See the plant that was horizontal is now vertical? Kinda crushed and dirty, real flat? That's what Casper's garden looks like. Mine looks a little different. In my case, the bamboo I grew to shelter the house from storms just like this will push the wind over my house. In pushing the wind over the roof, some of it gets redirected down, eddying straight onto the gulch garden. Unlike Casper, who gets lateral wind, due to the bamboo, I get sharp downdrafts, that close to the bamboo, they don't only knock young plants down, they bust tops off the budding bigger plants too. Neat thing is after the storm, instead of falling down stem to the South, like almost every piece of vegitation is laying, mine all fall stem to the North

This last Kona went over real quick. After 60 MPH winds, and dumping almost 5 inches of rain overnight, and knocking the power off for a good 7 hours, by 10 the sun had come out and was drying all the busted plants. By evening, everything was dry, so it was easy to work with, and the fixes were simple. What also helped was the majority of the plants this time of year are in pots, so they went thru the storm inside. Waiting where they would not get hurt. Pre storm, I took the Skunkdogs, and I only had 6 plants in the garden.

The blackout has me worried. My cloner was off for those 7 hours, when it came back on, everything was fine, nothing had wilted, but did that gap fuck them up? I'm a week into it. A fuck up that will take another two weeks to find? Like a true buckethead, I've messed my last two clone runs up. It doesn't matter because I have the starts from seed....that and I'm a real efficient beggar.

But if I mess this run up, it'll cause problems up the road.

Unluckily, the first small wave from seed had been planted a week back. They got knocked over, twice, but are doing fine now. The second, somewhat bigger wave went in yesterday evening. Since the cloneroom was getting crowded, they thankfuly are now outside in the bottom garden. Next up today are still more clones, out to the gulch.

And in the course of three days, we have a Kona storm, damage fixed, and almost the entire garden replanted, right up to my numbers.

Not too bad for a buckethead.

Clone problems lol, I'm about to kill extras eeesh.

Casper808

Db we will be fine,I mean peanut gallery we will be ok.garden getting replanted today,have more to take,and I have extra for OH when he needs em.he has given em to me aswell.out in da islandz we do it island style.white cards they should be green?

oldhaole

Veteran
Clone problems lol, I'm about to kill extras eeesh.

Gee Arthritis... must suck to kill those perfectly good clones. It looks like, hell, nothing looks like, no, two days after the blackout, I opened the box to the sight of roots. Roots everywhere. Twenty of twenty skunkdog clones rooted. Ten of ten Gogi. Even got a couple of GG4s throwing, and those fuckers take me forever to root.

And unlike you, Arthritis, I have all the sunshine, and room I need.... so I ain't killing nuthin. We need to put the Bonus in Bonus Round, and this is the way to do it..... or we could have something really ugly jump us down the road.

Remember, we are under new management. The old management had patterns, tricks, habits. They were easy to understand. We had seen them for decades. Old dog, old tricks. Now we have new dogs. Until we see them work... we have no idea what will be comming our way.

But I've lived here long enough to know the way things work. We are making a rather large bet, that the powers that be will not have their shit together by the time I haul these in.

I gotta admit, I'm not following the usual January bullshit that comes from this working committee. They are only proposals. Looking at them, I love 'em. I doubt there will be any money in a dispensary, as long as it stays Medical.

What it looks like is tht the state is finally getting smart, but we all know that isn't gonna happen. With these proposed 500 and 1000 plant gardens they will easily outstrip local demand. Look at California. If they can't sell it there, they bring it here to dump. Five to one, we will do it right back to them.

Hey oldtimers.... remember a flow chart of Marijuana importation back in the '70's There was this big red line going from Hawaii to the Mainland. Tiny red line comming back. Compared to everything else, we were the best. News Flash.... WE STILL ARE.

Then Green Harvest, ice, and all the other shit appeared, and that red line to the mainland became nothing, while the red line from Cali became huge. And the only reason that happened was we killed the golden goose. And believe me, when Hawaii was in an economic slump, taxes from weed money paid the bills just fine. Then when things got good, we don't need that anymore.

With these proposals, it looks to me like they want to bring that golden goose back to life. Give us those proposals, as written, it's open season. Export begins again. There's a new dog in town. A bigger, badder, dog.

And again, it's not because we do anything different here. We are just a thousand miles closer to the equator.... and your not.

Last edited:

Casper808

Ho nah!mo bettah da kine.we will see whappens.everyting takes more long ovah hea...in da meantime lets get some.....cheeeeeeee

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Gee Arthritis... must suck to kill those perfectly good clones. It looks like, hell, nothing looks like, no, two days after the blackout, I opened the box to the sight of roots. Roots everywhere. Twenty of twenty skunkdog clones rooted. Ten of ten Gogi. Even got a couple of GG4s throwing, and those fuckers take me forever to root.

And unlike you, Arthritis, I have all the sunshine, and room I need.... so I ain't killing nuthin. We need to put the Bonus in Bonus Round, and this is the way to do it..... or we could have something really ugly jump us down the road.

Remember, we are under new management. The old management had patterns, tricks, habits. They were easy to understand. We had seen them for decades. Old dog, old tricks. Now we have new dogs. Until we see them work... we have no idea what will be comming our way.

But I've lived here long enough to know the way things work. We are making a rather large bet, that the powers that be will not have their shit together by the time I haul these in.

I gotta admit, I'm not following the usual January bullshit that comes from this working committee. They are only proposals. Looking at them, I love 'em. I doubt there will be any money in a dispensary, as long as it stays Medical.

What it looks like is tht the state is finally getting smart, but we all know that isn't gonna happen. With these proposed 500 and 1000 plant gardens they will easily outstrip local demand. Look at California. If they can't sell it there, they bring it here to dump. Five to one, we will do it right back to them.

Hey oldtimers.... remember a flow chart of Marijuana importation back in the '70's There was this big red line going from Hawaii to the Mainland. Tiny red line comming back. Compared to everything else, we were the best. News Flash.... WE STILL ARE.

Then Green Harvest, ice, and all the other shit appeared, and that red line to the mainland became nothing, while the red line from Cali became huge. And the only reason that happened was we killed the golden goose. And believe me, when Hawaii was in an economic slump, taxes from weed money paid the bills just fine. Then when things got good, we don't need that anymore.

With these proposals, it looks to me like they want to bring that golden goose back to life. Give us those proposals, as written, it's open season. Export begins again. There's a new dog in town. A bigger, badder, dog.

And again, it's not because we do anything different here. We are just a thousand miles closer to the equator.... and your not.
Just killed some more today lol, oh well maybe soon i can gift them legally. Seems like there will be no more just taking overage in numbers with the talk of proposed consequences being added. They reworded it to only allow 7 plants per grow site no matter what. So 1 patient per grow site? What if 2 people live at same place?

2017 should be a wild west situation if played right. Fun times to come. Jan. 21 we find out what reccomendations from the task force they go with i believe.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Just killed some more today lol, oh well maybe soon i can gift them legally. Seems like there will be no more just taking overage in numbers with the talk of proposed consequences being added. They reworded it to only allow 7 plants per grow site no matter what. So 1 patient per grow site? What if 2 people live at same place?

2017 should be a wild west situation if played right. Fun times to come. Jan. 21 we find out what reccomendations from the task force they go with i believe.

What are the proposed consequences being added?

I just looked at the DOH website and it only mentioned one patient per caregiver, i didnt see anything regarding multiple patients at one address, other than the patient or caregiver must reside there or they must have "ownership or control" of the property.

From this wording I would assume multiple patients could claim having "control" of a single location without having ownership.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
What are the proposed consequences being added?

I just looked at the DOH website and it only mentioned one patient per caregiver, i didnt see anything regarding multiple patients at one address, other than the patient or caregiver must reside there or they must have "ownership or control" of the property.

From this wording I would assume multiple patients could claim having "control" of a single location without having ownership.

heres the reccomendation of grow sites with tags an such but i think i just misread it an it meant a patient cant have their name on multiple sites.

http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalmarijuana/general-information/whats-new/

trying to dig up the consequences, it wasn't actual penalties but was on a list of topics they had reccomendations on. I'll try to find it again.

oldhaole

Veteran
BANG! *thud*

BANG! *thud*

Oh well.....

I'm done. Put a fork in it.

No, It's nothing major. In fact it was all part of the plan. It all has to end sometime, In the plan, it was only suppose to last until the end of the year, no more. Instead we streched another couple of weeks out of it.

Everything I did in 2014 has found homes. There's a little left over to keep my patients eyes glazed over, but for the masses.... the party is over. For at least a month, they won't have me to kick around..... and by the same token, I won't have to listen to their nonsense for a few weeks either.

Legislativly, the powers that be have lulled us into visions of elves, and heaven, what could be with the many new proposals. But I guarantee you what will come out of this new beginning will be a lot more of the same old bullshit. They will figure out a way to fuck this into the dirt, it's Hawaii! They never fail to just mess the living shit out of a good idea. So expect nothing, and if you get some crumbs, be very thankfull. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. My advise would be to avoid the sideshow, they will do what serves them. Keep serving yourself.

And for the record, nothing has changed regarding number of cards at a single address. As for revoking cards, not gonna happen. In the war between the Doctors and the State, the second Doctors let the State tell them how to practice medicine, the Doctors lose all power to heal. They'll fight it. They gotta. That and the Hawaii Supreme court has ruled in the Doctors favor more than once. That's an empty threat. A gimme for the ALCU.

Has it come to this?

Am I boring you? Kinda am huh? I can fix that.

How?

By ending it. After all, the circle has linked back up with itself, and is now starting out and around again. Should I keep this thread alive, all I'm doing is retracing the circle. We've been here, we've done that. Sure, I'll do it again, this is my, for lack of a better word, sanity. This is where I come to straighten out the voices, take this away, I'll beat my wife, kick my dogs.

And I'm not killing it now. Not yet. Before I kill this, I gotta do another intro, think of another stupid name, and figure out a different spin.... and none of this shit is happening at the moment.

What I need is a break. And I'm gonna take it now. Your not gonna miss anything, I'll be back before the bonus round ends. Feel free to abuse this thread any way you wish. I will be watching it and if you rattle my cage hard enough.... I bet I'd have an opinion or two to share

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Noone can wright as good as you. I know why you up so early, vog or are you above it.
Ash is the only thing that has rained here in 3 weeks.

oldhaole

Veteran
The Catalyist

The Catalyist

Wow.... There's something liberating about the eventual end of this year. Unfortunatly, what my big mouth did, was write a check my ass, or better yet, my two typing fingers now has to cash. A lotta shit has to be moved, some ground will be recovered... but at least the dam has broken, and the creative juices are flowing again.

To put this fucker to bed, we gotta start somewhere....

Let's git 'er done....

God bless us every one,
We're a broken people living under loaded gun.
And, it can't be outfought.
It can't be outdone.
It can't be outmatched.
It can't be outrun.

Noooo
And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light....

Sometimes it is so fuckin' easy. And when it flows...run with it.

So the logical order of things, is that should be a summary somewhere around here.

Here it is, summed up in one word, one word for the entire year.... That word would be "yummy".

Keep in mind, back in the day, the days before the words "Legal" and "Marijuana" were never seen in the same sentance, I'm comparing that time, to now. And, like everything seen in the rear view mirror, you do tend to focus on the victories, not the defeats, but that's just life.....

So looking thru eyes that, even now, compare things present, to what was long past.... I gotta say...

I like this more.

No, the money is not as good. Don't get me wrong, it ain't bad.... but it will never be like it was when a nice long prison sentance was one of the hazzards of the job. That's OK too... I'm too old to run. Back in the day, I could outrun the wind.... Now? Just probably hurt myself.

So, yes, it is better this way.

Past, Present, Future. That fuckin' circle thingy again.

The past, what I remember looking thru the mirror, was a wild and crazy time. You took stupid chances, and were very well rewarded when everything fell into place.... which happened every other time. The other half was a wing and a prayer.

But back then, you were ALWAYS a drug dealer.

The present, call this moment in time the sweetspot. Sit home, and let my land work for me. I like this idea. The next couple of years should be fun. If we are lucky it'll take them forever to draft and sign a new law. Hopefully it will go down in smoke and flames at the end like it always does.

You pretty much know where I stand on Hawaii politics. Eventually something will pass, it'll just be silly.

And that brings us to the future.

Nuff said.

If you think I can see that..... I'd be pickin' stocks, not growing weed. I can see a little way out though. Not far. I can see "Another Crappy Day" continuing. And that'll be off in the future.

God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns.
For the sins of our hands.
The sins of our tongues.
The sins of our fathers.
The sins of our young.

Gotta thank a few people. First off thanks to all of you for reading this nonsense. Thanks for the PM's, thanks for the kicks when I'm fighting it. Thanks for every comment written. Thanks to Casper.... you know he is a real person, not my sockpuppet, right? A lot of the shit I write is bounced off him for effect... just to see what happens. If he laughs, or even looks at me like I'm crazy, here it comes. Thanks to Greyskull. Best thing the mainland has ever sent us. We don't need anymore, you can keep the rest. Thanks to Surf, DB, and Weez. I can wish you nothing but sucess. Thanks to Canni and Rusty. those last three were with me from the very start, they fed and encouraged me. Thanks to the mainland guys especially BF, where the hell are you? that read this. One day soon we will be comming for you.

And DB.... The vog isn't keeping me up. Actually as high up as we are it is kinda thin. It ain't like a live volcano in my backyard....... No, as I mentioned earlier, wifey is asleep, so my train of thought can continue down the tracks in my mind without her molesting my switches.

I think the quality... I know, a strech, of these posts are a direct reflection of how late they are posted. If I posted midday... it's gonna be shit. Late at nite? Chances are good there is a screw loose, so we can get a smidgen of entertainment out of the long wordy deal.

Like memories in cold decay,
Transmissions echoing away,
Far from the world of you and I,
Where oceans bleed into the sky.

I just want to point out one thing, go back to the first post. That was a fuckin' masterpiece, if I do say so myself, and even better, I did just about everything I promised you I'd do in that trainwreck of an Intro. Somehow I doubt that I will be able to top that one, but we will try.

What happens now? I know, but the only way you get to find out, is to follow me to a place I haven't even started yet.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Greetings from the fucking cold lol

We'll I read every single post in every one of your treads. What a story! Man you sure do keep a moving and a grooving brotha.

Big respect friend and enjoy your break!!

:tiphat:

Casper808

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeee-huuuuuuuuuuuuu.yummy is a five letter word.one big mahalos to you master of ceremonies ,you are da true mc.Change is not easy for old grizzlers like ourselves ,but I have seen a light come on where there was none,and more important I have made a friend for life.we swim in a world of self- centered,egocentrics with inferiority complexes whose stuff is always bes.You Mai friend are da bes,a dying breed,a true grizzler,let's continue to travel the road less traveled .
"you can always count on me
When you needs hand
I got two"

Latest posts

Latest posts