What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
The best source for hurricane info is the CPHC/NHC website....they are the most accurate and up to date. All the news outlets get their info from the NHC and by the time they publish their articles it is already outdated...just go straight to the source and read the forecast discussions.

East Hawaii Island should be fine, except there is some rain in the forecast. I suggest moving your plants out of the potential rain if you have the ability to do so.

militia420

The best source for hurricane info is the CPHC/NHC website....they are the most accurate and up to date. All the news outlets get their info from the NHC and by the time they publish their articles it is already outdated...just go straight to the source and read the forecast discussions.

East Hawaii Island should be fine, except there is some rain in the forecast. I suggest moving your plants out of the potential rain if you have the ability to do so.

I'm in kailua-kona. Gonna dolly my indicas in first and if I have strength I'll get the sativas later. Gonna take pictures. Ridiculous moving plants this size, but glad I can move some with a dolly. When being medical interferes with growing...Thanks a ton for the web site. Just as the volcano gives us a break, here comes Lane!

SurfdOut

Veteran
This looks like the worst west side gonna get and this is for gusts. Bet Oahu and Kauai gonna get it. Alii Dr houses might get some surf damage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-21-21-31-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-21-31-51.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2018-08-21-21-23-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-21-23-34.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Kailua Kona.
All the gutters are cleaned and the hatches are battened down.
Looks like it's about to get windy.
Gonna hunker down and make videos.
Be safe and be well.

Weeze

oldhaole

Veteran
March of the Worms

March of the Worms

Dunno what thread is the best to check in on the hurricane for Hawaii. Any of you got recommendations for what to do/ be ready for with this Hurricane "Lane" coming through? I have the potential to move some or possibly all of my plants in to a garage and there's three that could be harvested now. The size is gonna make moving the sativas a bitch, but the few indicas are less springy and less large and I can use a dolly for all. Thinking I need to avoid getting rained on for a few days or risk rot / mold. Speak up please! It's my first great grow and I'm medical and have ups n downs where I can't grow, so I don't want to lose stuff from poor planning.

What would I do?

You got the right idea. If it's ready, or close to it, you cut it. No questions asked, no shit's given. Four or five days of rain aren't gonna help things. The rest I guess you move to the garage. Boy, that sounds like fun! Throw a dehumidifier and a fan or two in there and you'll be fine. I shouldn't laugh at you, after all you have a way to move them. Mine are stuck in the ground....

I just got done taking the advice I just gave to you. My drying room is stuffed to the rafters. Tomorrow, before the wind gets here, I'll rearrange everything and stuff even more in there. Then I have some decisions to make. Do I pull my shelters down and possibly sacrifice whatever is left in ground? Or do I chance it?

Fun times.... I guess if it was easy everybody would be doing it.

Today's been frantic.... But just about all the preparations have been made. The first rain bands arrived at sunset. As I was harvesting plants I couldn't help but notice scores of earthworms emerging from the dry ground around the plants and slowly move toward the newly wet ground. I wonder what was up with that?

Dunno what thread is the best to check in on the hurricane for Hawaii. Any of you got recommendations for what to do/ be ready for with this Hurricane "Lane" coming through? I have the potential to move some or possibly all of my plants in to a garage and there's three that could be harvested now. The size is gonna make moving the sativas a bitch, but the few indicas are less springy and less large and I can use a dolly for all. Thinking I need to avoid getting rained on for a few days or risk rot / mold. Speak up please! It's my first great grow and I'm medical and have ups n downs where I can't grow, so I don't want to lose stuff from poor planning.
If you start getting mold spray with some alkaline water. A little baking soda and water is a squirt bottle or some ro water that has a high ph. Soma has some good videos about growing in Amsterdam and dealing with mold. Aside from that hunker down brother. I just moved to Oahu and I'm pissed. Fucking hurricanes followed me from the gulf coast! I got hit by 3 in 5 weeks back in 04 in Florida, then moved back to louisiana in 05 and Katrina hit. Now i JUST GET HERE "WERE WE NEVER GET HURRICANES" and we're about to get one. I'm not growing yet so I have no plants to worry about....I'm just hoping the wind doesn't get too crazy. Anyway freeze some jugs of water and get some non-perishable food. good luck brother.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Leeward side?
Still scattered showers and some blue skies.

We'll see what Friday brings.

militia420

Leeward side?
Still scattered showers and some blue skies.

We'll see what Friday brings.

Yeh, not impressed so far and not thinking it's gonna be a big deal over here. Still think moving my plants in was the right move for precaution though, plus the humidity does feel higher where I'm at. Had to empty the dehumidifier 3 times already. Feels like I'm living back in mountain view fern forest. I've been trimming like crazy!

Stay safe guys.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
We got pounded in Hilo last night, flooded my downstairs a good bit. Don’t think it’s over yet.
It seems counterintuitive but Kona is still being blocked by Mauna Kea for now...I would still expect some heavy rains over that side as the storm moves north.

militia420

We got pounded in Hilo last night, flooded my downstairs a good bit. Don’t think it’s over yet.
It seems counterintuitive but Kona is still being blocked by Mauna Kea for now...I would still expect some heavy rains over that side as the storm moves north.

We barely got any thing today too. It was overcast but very dry. I think we're going to luck out on this side this time. Sorry to hear about the flooding. My wife and I would use a big spray bottle (hell a converted sprayer for fertilizer could be used) and a formula we got googling that uses tea tree oil to help kill mold and bacteria. You probably wanna spray the shit outta the stuff that got wet so you keep that crap from taking off as soon as you get the water out. You don't even need to wait for it to dry since tea tree oil is an oil and diluted with with it will stick stick to every thing. We had terrible black mold in our place in Fern Acres. This formula plus a different one for outside that used bleach, water, light dish soap, and I think some peroxide worked awesome for killing black mold and not bleaching the wall paint too much.

Good luck with the rest of this storm.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Jesus Christ did we get some water. My neighbor measured 60 inches since Wednesday and last night was by far the worst. Neighbors house flooded, my roads flooded out and won't be able to leave for at least another day.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Yeah it was fucking nuts. We had 15” of water downstairs last night. Luckily we had plenty of time to move our stuff upstairs

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
My windward friends drove over the saddle today, to get some vitamin D.
We sat on the lanai soaking it the sun he hadn't seen for 4 days.
Says he got 30" in Laupahoehoe.
You guys need anything, no be shy.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Hoping to best for you guys on Maui. This was my green house last storm.

Attachments

• IMG_1801 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_1801 (768x1024).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 16

Dirtboy808

Veteran
(Fire Pie x HP13) X (Glue x Fire Pie) aka Schlemons
Fucken crazy smells Mahalo GS

Attachments

• IMG_2375 (1024x1024).jpg
    IMG_2375 (1024x1024).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 14