What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Good to hear all is well. Bye the way, good catch. Done some fishing my self of recent, but it's all been pretty quiet. Not to be off topic, but do you guys have any coral around the islands.

We have coral but the islands are fairly young, so it is not as diverse and colorful as other parts of the world.

Looks like we could be having a repeat of the 1924 eruption at Halema'uma'u. At the current rate of ~150ft per day, the lava level should be dropping past the water table in the next couple of days and then we might start seeing some big explosions. Gonna be some ashy buds in puna if the sulfur levels dont kill your plants.

oldhaole

Veteran
I saw the black Hughes doing a grid search this morning. It sure looked like them, but they didn't stick around for long.

My phone hasn't detonated yet... so I don't know. Tomorrow will tell the tale.... let you know when I know....

militia420

So I went fishing.

View Image

I was a really nice sunset.

Nice fish. Don't know what Barracuda tastes like. Haven't had one yet. Had one get between me and my brother and the mainland when we were little and snorkeling. That was terrifying at first until we realize it was just cruising.

Beautiful looking dog btw. Looks a lot like one I lost to a brain tumor a few years back. Had chestnut brindle fur and the same look as yours. Take plenty of video and pictures, you never know when they'll be leaving you.

madalasatori

Veteran
Went fishing over the pond yesterday to try and catch a tench. Took the woman for the first time and was very impressed. She did a cast and baited up and landed a fish.. as well as roll joints of amnesia all day. Great weekend

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
About the 2018 AHI....
We welcomed 13 of the top growers in HI and Mainland USA to our food and flower review party. Contestants included ThaDocta (ArchiveSeedBank), Crockett (CrockettFamilyFarms), Professor P (Dynasty Genetics), Sticky Finger Seeds, Aloha Cup winner Fresh Farms, Aloha Cup winner Spacemanspliff808, Casper808, and Joeygreen808.

In a format that was more ‘exhibition’ than ‘competition’ we delivered 7g of each entry to each table (a little over 90g!) and asked each table to identify and rank their top 5.

It was great seeing everybody working together and talking about what they liked and what they didn’t.

When totals were reviewed we found that EmeraldDelta out of Oregon with his SkuCuddlerDoubleKush was the winner, and Pau Hana Supply out of SanDiego was a close 2nd with Mac1.

We had a great time with a bunch of friends. Just like it should always be.
About 12noon we had a deer being chased by a buck thru the pasture. I was surprised none of the boys shot it lol

Anyhow
Here’s the scoresheet data if anyone if interested.

Official 2018AHI Scorecards
Table A : 1. D 2. V 3. R 4. S 5. T
Table B : 1. R 2. D 3.X 4. T 5. U
Table C : 1. R 2. T 3. V 4. U 5. O
Table D : 1. S 2. R 3. T 4. O 5. V
Table E : 1. T 2. X 3. U 4. R 5. V
Table F : 1. T 2. D 3. O 4. Q 5. R
Table G : 1. U 2. T 3. V 4. S 5. R
Table H : 1. U 2. T 3. R 4. X 5. D
Table I : 1. V 2. R 3. D 4. T 5. S
Table J : 1. V 2. Q 3. R 4. S 5. Y

Official Top 5 Results:
5. U @crockett420 #BananaPie
4. D @joeygreen808 #FirePie
3. V @archiveseedbank #ButterCookies
2. T @pauhanasupplyco #Mac1
1. R @emeralddelta #SkyCuddlerDblKush

Entrant Key:
N = @trichome.fields.forever
D = @joeygreen808
Y = @stickyfingerseeds
X = #Casper808
W = @spacemanspliff808
V = @archiveseedbank
U = @crockett420
T = @pauhanasupplyco
S = @radioridgenursery
R = @emeralddelta
Q = @dynasty_genetics
P = @earthgreencalifarms
O = @freshfarms

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you tell us what other strains were entered?

We’ll have to get back to you on that for specifics if can get.
I know there was a Bodhi cross entered. I think a Dungeon Vault cross.
There was a lot of great flowers to smoke...

SurfdOut

Veteran
Nice to see you guys Fire Pie cut still placed with all the mainland guys entries. Any other locally grown stuff stick out?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see you guys Fire Pie cut still placed with all the mainland guys entries. Any other locally grown stuff stick out?

Thanks.
You know that was the worst growing season we’ve had in a while... I am super proud of Joey for placing so well.

I thought TrichomeFieidsForever’s Tomahawk was pretty good, but he didn’t make out on any Top 5’s. Fresh Farms entry was pretty tasty too. I need to find out what exactly it is they entered.

The overall level of quality of the entries blew away any previous contest Ive had a part in putting on. By far. Leaps and Bounds.

What I’m most stoked about though is that the new format we rolled out performed flawlessly. Total transparency and complete involvement. Everybody got to see everybody’s entry. Like an exhibition is supposed to do.

Mahalo nui to ThaDocta for helping us refine the formatting.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Going to the Pahoa transfer station at night is amazing. And it is super loud. Here is my GH. I decided to grow some pure Afi instead of a huge junk plant. I'll get those up big as can with lights.
Aloha DB

Dirtboy808

Veteran
The smoke on right is the eruption site and left is steam and smoke from Green lake and she is going to the ocean.

The smoke on right is the eruption site and left is steam and smoke from Green lake [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/1855/9a38ceb7cd6ce66f1c486670bed09b66_1855613.jpg?dl=1527991506]View Image[/URL]and she is going to the ocean.

Last night I read Green Lake is gone. I saw a picture of it and it was totally filled in with lava and all the water was evaporated. And the flow was headed straight for the tide pools. Pretty nutz over there. The Hawaii Tracker page on Facebook has some really good coverage for all the lava flow news over there.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
How's your GG doing OH ? My friend brought these back from his yard in Leilani , only two blocks from #8. These get spit out, their light and crush to power super easy. It's raining stones lol. The new coast line has some great new fishing spots. Once it stops the fish will be back in no time.

militia420

Dunno what thread is the best to check in on the hurricane for Hawaii. Any of you got recommendations for what to do/ be ready for with this Hurricane "Lane" coming through? I have the potential to move some or possibly all of my plants in to a garage and there's three that could be harvested now. The size is gonna make moving the sativas a bitch, but the few indicas are less springy and less large and I can use a dolly for all. Thinking I need to avoid getting rained on for a few days or risk rot / mold. Speak up please! It's my first great grow and I'm medical and have ups n downs where I can't grow, so I don't want to lose stuff from poor planning.