What's new

another 10kw coco DTW

P

pimpjuice

Why bato buckets? I understand they have a little res at the bottom. But could you have done the same thing with 5 gallon buckets? Would the 5 be too big?

With DTW, the plants always get the same nutes right? Where as in a recirculating system, the same nutes get used over and over and by the time the res is changed, the nutes could be completely lopsided. Do you think thats why the DTW is so sussesful?

You could do the same thing with a five gallon bucket, but they aren't designed to drain into a pvc pipe, nor do they have fittings, they usually cost about 5$ a piece + the fittings. I paid just under 4 dollars per bato bucket, they come plumbed with fittings ; They are designed to rest on a 2.5inch pvc pipe to drain. Bato's are fairly common in large scale legit hydroponics, because they are easy to setup. By the time I buy 5 gallon buckets, buy multiple sets of fittings, drill holes, plumbers goop leaks, I don't see any advantage to a 5 gallon bucket.

G

gdawg

For large grows DTW is really low maintence.
hey pimp lookin great again you really should get a percentage of those bato bucket sales :) i keep tryin to tell folks run to waste is the way to go! for so many different reasons too. keep it rockin bro:joint:

Y

yamaha_1fan

you said before you use 2 GPH drippers? a minute on every 30 minutes? So 30 plants would use 2 gallons every hour?

Think you could have done better by runing one strain, or having the different plants on different nutes?

looks shit hot...would like to see this with cellmax or something like that :) do you think it would be possible... top work and grow :)

P

pimpjuice

Here are some more pics from about a week ago. I will post some new pics tonight, plants are looking nice.
Super Silver Haze (oldsog pheno)
picture.php

Sour Diesel
picture.php

P

pimpjuice

I was trying to upload more recent pics but I'm getting this lame ass error "Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path: /data/web/icmag/icmag.com/www/ic/userimages/29/29494.picture"

P

pimpjuice

Todays pics...

super silver haze
picture.php

sour diesel
picture.php

sour diesel
picture.php

super silver haze
picture.php

B

Brad

lookin good dude..so the ssh really yeilds for ya??i dont know why but im scared to do a full run of my ssh, i just dont think it is heavy enough, is it mr nice or greenhouse? my ssh finishes in 8 weeks fwiw

P

pimpjuice

the super silver haze does well. The 'oldsog' is the quick 56 day greenhouse seeds pheno. The other thing I like about this strain...It's really easy to trim, dense un-leafy buds. I did 1.8# a light with the SSH last time.

opt1c

Veteran
major props man; you've inspired me to create my own dtw bato system with coco/hydroton on the bottom. i have the mini, 9x9, buckets and i just put em together sog style... 30 under 2 600s... but enough about me; i was wondering if you use any sort of enzyme product when reusing your coco? i assume you just cut approx a 3x3 hole in the top of the coco and plop in the new plant? no problems with critters or anything living in the old coco?

glad to see you're still around; loved your old thread and i envy your yields... keep up the great work... also; do you ever use any additives/boosters? what ph is your system dialed in at? 5.8? how high are your ceilings and do you have any humidity issues/controls (although from the pics i doubt you have issues)

keep growin -opt1c

P

pimpjuice

Sounds like a good setup. I haven't been using any enzymes between cycles. I've been considering getting a commercial at product called dripatron that is supposed to clean irrigation lines. I've been running the same poly and emmiters for 1.5 years and would like to get some more years out of it. In between cycles I look for slow emmiters and I clean them. Otherwise I just cut a 3x3 hole and stick a new plant in. Cielings are 10ft. For humidity control I run a sante fe hc dehuey. I don't adjust the ph but it stays between 5.5-6.0 on it's own. Rainstorms can throw the ph around where I'm at. Otherwise tap water is about 100ppm and 7.5 usually.

gregor_mendel

Do you know the brand and model of your drippers?
If not, are they pressure compensating or not?

Thanks for the show!

P

pimpjuice

They are 2gph flag drippers I picked up from ace hardware ... pretty sure they are rainbird.

Man this is looking nice. Can you show us and describe how your res is set up with the intellidose? I did a run of hempys which are just like this but I hand watered and something like this sounds awesome. Thanks for any more info you can give pimpjuice. Very inspirational. Also what is the size of the room?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Do u feel that u get even watering with those drippers? Do you ever end up with certain plants at the front or end of the rows looking overfed or underfed...?

Latest posts

Latest posts