What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anime, manga and all that other stuff.

Granola.

I gotta get caught up with season 2 of Made in Abyss.

Have been watching
Naruto - never finished this as a kid
Lycoris recoil -really cool and wholesome

goingrey

Not much of an Anime fan but by chance got drawn to a movie on TV called Weathering with You recently and it was really really good.

1663524718988.png

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Weathering with You recently and it was really really good.
It was ok as a anime lover. ;)

Also watching Yurei Deco from the actual season... it has a very cool artstyle.

12527523-74001bf3-1f1f-4672-8fa5-1c1054e629c8.jpg

Its more for the younger generation(very mild violence, no blood etc.) but its something else than the 08/15 fantasy. Nice art and music and sci fi. (y)

(i choosed the jap. trailer to not spoiler)

And this was one of the best animes ever last winter; Ranking of kings!

FIrzp9GXoAAD4xM.jpeg

Its about a deaf young boy who eventually should become king of his country... its such a amazing unusual heartbreaking story and no this is strictly not for kids, a lot of brutality and blood... You just have to watch this amazing story for youself. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
From the actual season i'm watching the anime work of the Manga Campfire cooking in another world with my absurd skill. ^^

27895556.jpg

5688544.jpg

It's pretty good for an isekai anime. ;) Very entertaining, feel good. Produced by the great Studio Mappa. (y)

Last edited:

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
My favorites with added commentary
1702851856082.png

be confused for the entirety of the show, then suddenly fall on your knees and cry...a lot

1702851926152.jpeg

Oh wow, the graphics are ama....gorey...ok...WOW!! what the fuck is going on?

1702852106174.jpeg

Not the ending you expect.
1702852315871.png

'cause, when you're done being mindf*ked by Lain, this is what you need.

1702852440352.png

Do you freak out when you forget your passwords? don't watch this...
1702852558781.jpeg

Don't let the Li'l slugger hit you.

1702852657889.png

It's happenin...

1702852804667.jpeg

Yes, so much YES, in so many ways: YES, I love Kimetso No yaiba, I love Jujutsu Kaisen, but this show is *insert Just Right meme*

Attachments

• 1702852776018.jpeg
    1702852776018.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 20

shithawk420

Veteran
Havent Really got into anime in a while. Last ones i finished years ago was Wolfs Rain and Elfin Lied. Just nothing i see thats really interesting to me. Its probably nothing compared to a few i see listed here but Elfin Lied was pretty messed up and i liked it. Wolfs Rain was good. Id say thats the best OST from any anime or even any show period ive ever heard. Simply great music. Might try to get into Ergo Proxy but holy shit based on what i know about that its gonna be a choir

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Havent Really got into anime in a while. Last ones i finished years ago was Wolfs Rain and Elfin Lied. Just nothing i see thats really interesting to me. Its probably nothing compared to a few i see listed here but Elfin Lied was pretty messed up and i liked it. Wolfs Rain was good. Id say thats the best OST from any anime or even any show period ive ever heard. Simply great music. Might try to get into Ergo Proxy but holy shit based on what i know about that its gonna be a choir
I just recently finished Mushi-shi also recommended, super chill, great to take a break from the hormone fueled shonen stuff.

shithawk420

Veteran
ive heard good things. Saw the first episode of Chainsaw man but didnt get into it. Just nothing im in the mood for. Im pretty old school. I finished Deadman Wonderland years ago and it had so much potential. That ending was bullshit and pissed me off.

Cowboy Bepop and Berserk are my favorites so im pretty spoiled

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
ive heard good things. Saw the first episode of Chainsaw man but didnt get into it. Just nothing im in the mood for. Im pretty old school. I finished Deadman Wonderland years ago and it had so much potential. That ending was bullshit and pissed me off.

Cowboy Bepop and Berserk are my favorites so im pretty spoiled
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Ghost in the Shell are also up there

shithawk420

Veteran
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Ghost in the Shell are also up there
Im probably in the minority but i actually liked the live action Cowboy Bebob on Netflix. some things i didnt like but it was better than i expected.wish they would of did another season.

Ive seen a lot of anime.probably nothing most people havent seen. Im trying to remember the name of this one. i always get it wrong. Always here and never there? IDK something like that. saw it a long time ago. Kid gets transported to a crazy world and something to do with water and its controlled by a guy like Hitler and there are nazi tones to it.sorry im buzzed and tired.

Captain Harlock is good. I thought the newer CGI that came out was pretty damn good. Samurai Deeper Kyo is ok. Peace Maker was good i thought. Galaxy Express 999 is a classic. Paranoia Agent was pretty out there. Magic Arcade Abenobashi was funny as hell. Fooly Cooly funny as hell. Really like the first half of the original Baki. Somehow they fucked that up.Black Lagoon is good as hell.

Dont really get all the praise for Death Note. The concept is good but its boring as hell.eh, i dont know. i havent watched anime in a while. need something im in the mood for. God damn theres a shit ton of new anime out there i dont even know most of them

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Im probably in the minority but i actually liked the live action Cowboy Bebob on Netflix. some things i didnt like but it was better than i expected.wish they would of did another season.

Ive seen a lot of anime.probably nothing most people havent seen. Im trying to remember the name of this one. i always get it wrong. Always here and never there? IDK something like that. saw it a long time ago. Kid gets transported to a crazy world and something to do with water and its controlled by a guy like Hitler and there are nazi tones to it.sorry im buzzed and tired.

Captain Harlock is good. I thought the newer CGI that came out was pretty damn good. Samurai Deeper Kyo is ok. Peace Maker was good i thought. Galaxy Express 999 is a classic. Paranoia Agent was pretty out there. Magic Arcade Abenobashi was funny as hell. Fooly Cooly funny as hell. Really like the first half of the original Baki. Somehow they fucked that up.Black Lagoon is good as hell.

Dont really get all the praise for Death Note. The concept is good but its boring as hell.eh, i dont know. i havent watched anime in a while. need something im in the mood for. God damn theres a shit ton of new anime out there i dont even know most of them
Harlock I used to watch as a kid, I can't get myself to watch it again. (same iwth Gundam, and all the legendary mecha anime, Captain Tsubasa, Ranma 1/2, Lupin the 3rd...etc...)

speaking of Samurai: Blade of the Immortal, Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 get my Budo fetish tingling

I did not like Death Note, Vampire Knight and a bunch of other super squeal mainstream popular with sexually frustrated white teenagers. But I just love the shit for sexually frustrated grumpy old men.

shithawk420

Veteran
Did you see 2013 CGI Harlock:Space Pirate? it was pretty good. Tried getting into Blue eyed samurai but didnt like it. Samurai Champloo is awesome. Ruroni Kenshin is alright. Basilisk was alright.

I dont even know what i want anymore. I liked 5 centimeters per second but damn was that depressing.Think i damn near cried. if you got any obscure recommendations that would be appreciated.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Did you see 2013 CGI Harlock:Space Pirate? it was pretty good. Tried getting into Blue eyed samurai but didnt like it. Samurai Champloo is awesome. Ruroni Kenshin is alright. Basilisk was alright.

I dont even know what i want anymore. I liked 5 centimeters per second but damn was that depressing.Think i damn near cried. if you got any obscure recommendations that would be appreciated.
No, completely missed it, but it's Harlock, it's like Tigerman, they have their place in history for me, but I'm not gonna watch a rehash, as a matter of fact I didn't even watch the new Ghost in the Shell...
I want to give BES a try, eventually
not seen 5cm per second yet.
I'm trying to convince myself to rewatch Grave of the Fireflies and I have yet to watch World before you end.
Your lie in April made me cry like a baby.
Violet Evergarden is decent on all levels.
Blue Exorcist is ok.
Goblin Slayer is hilarious.
Blood + is cool (Blood C is meh, but I love watching schoolkids getting torn up by monsters, and it's funny at times. I need psychiatric help).
But yes, if you make it past the first episode of Chainsaw man you should be able to enjoy it, hopefully...Jujutsu Kaisen tho...the second season kinda blew my mind and it's really up there on the demon slaying genre with CSMan.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, ive been meaning to watch Grave of the Fireflies but i know what im getting into with that. Probably gonna cry and shit. I was surprised i liked Aijin. It was different. Maybe World before you end is what i was thinking of. Ill have to look that up.

OK so no more bullshit. I drank 20 beers so im a little rough around the edges. My Favorite of all time i think is Cowboy Bebob the movie. Otherwise known as Knocking on Heavens Door, 2013 Harlock was good as hell. Might take a place. Berserk The Golden Arc is up there for sure. I had no idea what the hell i was getting into with Berserk. I just heard it was good. I wasnt expecting THAT! lol fucks sake that ranks in the fucked up category with Akira. I remember when i was a kid and i saw the very first ever commercial for Akira in the US. It was on the Sci Fi channel back in 94 or 96 i wanna say. Saw my first anime movie back then too. it was like Dead or Alive or something.cant remember. No Fatal Fury or something.

Yeah ill give Chainsaw man another chance if i get the channel.Thats for the gore though right? Have you watched Elfen Lied? Im not gonna lie i cried like a baby when i was drunk. Poor Lucy. I want to kill humans too. Hypothetically of coarse. The Latin OS is pretty good. I know the whole song and know what it means in Latin. Elfin Lied is German though. It means Elf Song in German.

Nobody in my family has tattoos but i thought of getting the mark of sacrifice from Berserk. It would be fitting. Anyway sorry bro and glad this is still here. Cant believe this thread is still here. Could of swore there was a thread like 10 or 15 years ago.Anime is the shit. Love One Punch man.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Yeah, ive been meaning to watch Grave of the Fireflies but i know what im getting into with that. Probably gonna cry and shit. I was surprised i liked Aijin. It was different. Maybe World before you end is what i was thinking of. Ill have to look that up.

OK so no more bullshit. I drank 20 beers so im a little rough around the edges. My Favorite of all time i think is Cowboy Bebob the movie. Otherwise known as Knocking on Heavens Door, 2013 Harlock was good as hell. Might take a place. Berserk The Golden Arc is up there for sure. I had no idea what the hell i was getting into with Berserk. I just heard it was good. I wasnt expecting THAT! lol fucks sake that ranks in the fucked up category with Akira. I remember when i was a kid and i saw the very first ever commercial for Akira in the US. It was on the Sci Fi channel back in 94 or 96 i wanna say. Saw my first anime movie back then too. it was like Dead or Alive or something.cant remember. No Fatal Fury or something.

Yeah ill give Chainsaw man another chance if i get the channel.Thats for the gore though right? Have you watched Elfen Lied? Im not gonna lie i cried like a baby when i was drunk. Poor Lucy. I want to kill humans too. Hypothetically of coarse. The Latin OS is pretty good. I know the whole song and know what it means in Latin. Elfin Lied is German though. It means Elf Song in German.

Nobody in my family has tattoos but i thought of getting the mark of sacrifice from Berserk. It would be fitting. Anyway sorry bro and glad this is still here. Cant believe this thread is still here. Could of swore there was a thread like 10 or 15 years ago.Anime is the shit. Love One Punch man.
Fuck, how could I forget Berserk! Omg that shhit is so good both the old and the new (even if the new animation sucks) . Yes love Elfen Lied is up there with the good ones.
Ajin was really good, though this new fad of using BLNDR to make anime is pissing me off.
7 deadly Sins is funny.
Bleach... I am still watching... (new seasons have been out)
With all due disrespect **** One Piece.
Watch Far Away Paladin (really good easter eggs) for some decent fantasy isekai and Frieren Beyond Journey's end. Both are chill, they indirectly reference each other and are chill and easy to watch when you have had enough of gore.
Goblin Slayer, I know I'm repeating myself, but it starts with goblins literally fucking up a party of noobs in a dungeon. Unfortunately second season is not as good as the first, but it carries the story ok...

You seen Akame ga Kill?