What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anime, manga and all that other stuff.

hotHPS

Heavily into collecting all forms of anime. Heres some stuff i enjoy watching while baked.
Please add your favorites.

Berserk
Gasaraki
Naruto .. . all time best =))
FLCL
Bleach
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Harvey Birdman
Aqua Teens Hunger Force
The Boondocks

Yeah, mid twenties and still watching cartoons :biglaugh:

Also has anyone built an arcade box ?

Magic P.

Uff, I've seen kinda a lot of anime series, but I can't remember the names now :)
Here are some my brain was able to post me:
Fullmetal Alchemist,
Fullmetal Panic,
Azumanga Daioh,
Ghost in the Shell,
Black Lagoon,
Ah! My goddess,
Great Teacher Onizuka,
Love Hina,
Samurai Champloo,
Wolf's Rain.

I enjoyed all of those series :) Hope you'll enjoy them at the same rate.

sodaman

I've followed Anime and Japanese Pop Culture since the mid 80's and some of my favorite series are:

One Piece
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Moyashimon
Ghost Hound
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo
Detroit Metal City
Macross
FLCL
Michiko to Hatchin
:2cents:

THC123

Veteran
I like :

DBZ
golgo 13
fist of the northstar
appleseed
hokuto no ken roah gaiden

basically action blood and explosions:laughing::yeahthats

Hurray for anime! Thats pretty much all me and my wife have been watching lately.
We really like:
Gungrave
Wolf`s Rain
Trinity Blood
Helsing
Invader Zim
Rune Soldier
all the Lupin movies
anything Miyazaki
Twelve Kingdoms

and lots others i cant think of. Watch alot of Southpark too.

cemchris

Lets See:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (First series sucked, second series strait out of Manga)
Naruto
Bleach
Darker Than Black (Season 1 and 2)
Innocent Venus
Blade of the Immortal
Initial D (all 29 stages lol)
Ghost in the Shell SAC I and II
Hellsing (OG not the OVA's)
Nabari No Uo
Pumpkin Scissors (He hunts Tanks!)
Trinity Blood
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Casshern SINS
Black Blood Brothers

Sword of the Stranger (Movie)
Spriggan (Movie)
Bio Hunter (Movie)

Thats just the tip of the Iceberg

www.animesuki.com (all unlicensed fan subs)

Eclipse
TMD
Dattebayo
Horriblesubs
AonE
Lunar

These are all subs groups that sub pretty good stuff.

BTW Kakashi Dies :p

wordsux

going to bring this back from the dead since I am too lazy to make my own..

seriously sword art online 2 sucks....

sao was awsome sao 2 sucks...

discuss

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
When i was ~12 i first saw QUEEN MILLENIA, SABER RIDER etc. on TV in early 90s. Then i was more into videogames. When Dragon Ball came out in late 90s i bought all Mangas and later woatches DBZ on TV.

Classic Movies like:

Akira
Galaxy Express
Ghost In The Shell
Demon City Shinjuku

The last years i watched series like:

Bleach 7/10
Full Metal Panic 7/10
Gunslinger Girl 08/10
Gurren Lagann 7/10
Cowboy Bepop 9/10
Burst Angel 06/10
Irresponsible Captain Tylor 09/10
One Piece(every episode!) 9/10
Gundam Seed:)laughing:) 7/10
Death Note 9/10
Kill la Kill 7/10
Planetes 6/10
Wolfs Rain 08/10
Break Blade 7/10
And the very best: TEXHNOLYZE 10/10 !

Some Good Movies, some very strange:

Wonderful Days
Death Billards
Tailenders
The Five Star Stories(lil bit cheesy but nice graphics for this old)
Eve no Jikan Gekijouban/Time of Eve
Gekijouban Kowarekake
Captain Harlock(new CGI)
Sword Of The Stranger
Sakasama no Patema/Patema Inverted
Toward The Terra

All Hayayo Miyazaki Movies for sure, but they're more like for everyon or family movies...

Soon a friend will get me some new stuff... :dance013: :lurk:

Mangas i'm collecting now, both Sci Fi, strictly not for children, very dark, disturbing and bloody. Both outstanding!

Blame!
Eden

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Seen everything listed.lots of stuff I didn't see listed.samurai deeper kyo.peacemaker,basilik.cowboy bebob is the undisputed best though. glad to see other admirers of great art.Otaku for life!

waveguide

Veteran
can only watch sub.. voice is soul, and americans don't really understand buddhism, so they voice interpret everything into american experience as well as language, which destroys the entire point.

can't watch too much shit, you know? rather be busy making shit.

but i dig in macross frontier the "witchcraft" pill. MF = enough story for a couple decades, who needs more? macross says everything that needs to be said - SING OUT FUCKERS - speak the fuck up or be annihilated. excellent story of one soul told from three different perspectives ;)

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Yeah, i can say that too. Just watching SAMURAI CHAMPLOO in german, very good and the hiphop soundtrack is awesome; beats from Fat Jon, Nujabes... :) Usually i prefer japanese with german or english subs. Just watched ATTACK OF TITAN Imho one of the best Animes ever! :woohoo:

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Naruto / Naruto Ship / One Piece / Fairy Tail :-D Lst 3 still weekly as Jap/Ger Sub :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Attack on titan is good.Deadman wonderland could have been one of the best if they would have explained the ending.gonna have to see if they have the manga

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
From another thread:
SO, do you get your animes from youtube? Any recommendations for us? :)
No, i got my stuff from the big german portal Proxer.me. There you can find streams from e.g. Crunchyroll or Netflix as well but because of the licensing i watch/download the ones with english subtitles. :) Can be easily downloaded for offline friends like me. ;) I think japanese original language is best and my english is pretty good. Have a pretty nice collection today, downloading always more that i can (ever) watch. :tiphat::bigeye:

So while Made In Abyss Season 2 was just airing, i watched Season 1 again and enjoyed it very much, first watched it some years ago. Finished S2 also now. It's story has gone pretty trippy... 😳 :smokey:

Cuddles

From another thread:

No, i got my stuff from the big german portal Proxer.me. There you can find streams from e.g. Crunchyroll or Netflix as well but because of the licensing i watch/download the ones with english subtitles. :) Can be easily downloaded for offline friends like me. ;) I think japanese original language is best and my english is pretty good. Have a pretty nice collection today, downloading always more that i can (ever) watch. :tiphat::bigeye:

So while Made In Abyss Season 2 was just airing, i watched Season 1 again and enjoyed it very much, first watched it some years ago. Finished S2 also now. It's story has gone pretty trippy... 😳 :smokey:
lol, I have videos I haven´t watched yet too :biggrin:
I´ll check out that place soon -ish. But I´m not paying ;) I already pay for OTR sometimes.