What's new

animal control wants to come to my house?

By pack leader mentality do you mean the alpha male?if you don't mind me asking,what kind of dog do you have OG?Also Cesar Milan caters to suburbanites who want there dogs to be seen,not heard.they don't know the psychological damage they are doing to there dogs.I have a gift with dogs.they love me and will listen to me over their own masters depending on the breed.Ive raised skipperkeys and they are a one owner dog.even my other family members who Iived with me didn't have as much control over them as me
What evidence do you have that dogs are being damaged by controlling their instinct to bark at everything?

Genuine question with no spite intended.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
By pack leader mentality do you mean the alpha male?if you don't mind me asking,what kind of dog do you have OG?Also Cesar Milan caters to suburbanites who want there dogs to be seen,not heard.they don't know the psychological damage they are doing to there dogs.I have a gift with dogs.they love me and will listen to me over their own masters depending on the breed.Ive raised skipperkeys and they are a one owner dog.even my other family members who Iived with me didn't have as much control over them as me
yeehaw...

al70

Veteran
'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15

shithawk420

Veteran
Where the hell did you get a picture of my dogs Trout!!! You stalking me?!?!! Lol but to answer your question whateverman I'll use those Skipperkeys in that picture for example.they have been breed for 600 years.skipperkey means little captain in Belgium. they were bred to bark cuase when the captain of the ship was sleeping they would bark in case someone came in their room to steal or try to kill the captain they would alert the captain.they never left the captains side.at least that's the short version.they are great dogs.I miss my little captain everyday.(sob)

atk7

I have a skipperke too true "watch dogs" he tells me any time anything is out of place . And very loyal . I had never had a dog that is as visually oriented as this breed . Most other breeds I have had were mostly smell and sound centric but the skip watches everything and tells me about changes.or things out of place. not overly barky (some can be) but he makes sure to get my attention.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,they really are a great breed aren't they atk7? By the way,I noticed you spelled it" Skipperke". I've seen it spelled many different ways.I don't think any of them are wrong.but what you are explaining is not an accident. they were specifically bred that way for the reasons I explained above.did you know that there are many variations of skipperke? For example there are large skipperke with tails! When I found that out I couldn't believe it! I assume you have a male.take good care of him cuase he will be your best friend till the end.I took my buddy for granted.I'll never do that again.if you have pics I'd love to see them.if you can't for security reasons I understand.if I can figure out how to post pics I'll show you a picture of my fat ass bitch.she has to be at least 20lbs.WAY too big!

blastfrompast

Veteran
I moved out to the country to 80 acres so I could build nice LARGE fenced Kennel's, Run, and Fenced front yard.

I have a GSD, and a coon-hound X .

GSD will bark when she wants something, or if she see's something that shouldnt be there.

The coon-hound....well he barks when he smells something on the other side of the fences.... He is also our primo garter snake killer... He avg's 2-3 a day..

The GSD is the one you have to worry about if your out looking to cause "trouble"...If she raises her lip...well that is your final warning if I don't call her off...she will bark first....then if you keep coming...she will stop...and that top lip comes up in a snarl.... After that...u best back off :)

My advise to the hydro worker who asked what he should do if he goes into the fenced in area.... "RUN"