What's new

animal control wants to come to my house?

rolandomota

Veteran
Simple take the dog outside you don't have to let anyone in to your home that's insane. Right to privacy no trespassing and all that is good advice. they want to smell your house to try and bust you. My dog has killed many dogs when she gets loose. Shes attacked dogs whe shes on a leash and they get near. One kill that way. Many people let their dogs run loose around here I fucking hate that. Or people outside their house with loose or tied dogs or runaways that people can't find or don't look for. You got to keep your animals safe. If my dog is killed when she's out loose it would be my fault. I never let her loose on purpose but it happens. Luckily she always makes it safe. I think 10 have been killed by her i lost count honestly but she's never aggressive with people. She's a sweet dog to humans but all other animals are open season its crazy! She's an american pit bull terrier. I meet them outside the sheriff in my case only wants to check that my dogs rabbie shots are current. And say some shit like "Be careful" and that's it. You should ask who made the complaint exactly. A vet can check a dogs welfare. They said it happened outside so why do they want to come inside you have rights. And yes they are out to get you because they can report anything they want in the police report and they get the benefit of the doubt. He can lie and say your house smells like weed and use that to secure a search warrant even though it doesn't smell like weed who is to say it didn't smell that the cop is lying only you and with evidence against you the judge and jury will believe the cop. And the cop will fell good about lying to you they are out to get you.this is what they say when your in cuffs," You are under arrest. Anything you do or say CAN and WILL be used against you in the blah blah blah.....that's their mission statement. They Might as well say, "tell me what you want me to put you in jail for that will make my job easy".

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Here, if animal control comes because of a complaint, personal or anonymous, they can go into every building on your property. They usually come with a warrant

sounds bad.. good luck mate.. keep us posted on what you decided to do.. i had a similar drama once.. luckily for me i had a mate that lived close and could keep them at his for a few weeks.. i gave him some of course for his dramas and i didnt need to move them in the end but like someone said recently on here at least i was safe to fight another day.. i did have to spend a whole night setting it up at his and wasnt as great a turn out as they would of been if they were left at mine.. but it was the safer option.. if you can do something like this then i recomend it. good luck again mate

snake11

Simple take the dog outside you don't have to let anyone in to your home that's insane. Right to privacy no trespassing and all that is good advice. they want to smell your house to try and bust you. My dog has killed many dogs when she gets loose. Shes attacked dogs whe shes on a leash and they get near. One kill that way. Many people let their dogs run loose around here I fucking hate that. Or people outside their house with loose or tied dogs or runaways that people can't find or don't look for. You got to keep your animals safe. If my dog is killed when she's out loose it would be my fault. I never let her loose on purpose but it happens. Luckily she always makes it safe. I think 10 have been killed by her i lost count honestly but she's never aggressive with people. She's a sweet dog to humans but all other animals are open season its crazy! She's an american pit bull terrier. I meet them outside the sheriff in my case only wants to check that my dogs rabbie shots are current. And say some shit like "Be careful" and that's it. You should ask who made the complaint exactly. A vet can check a dogs welfare. They said it happened outside so why do they want to come inside you have rights. And yes they are out to get you because they can report anything they want in the police report and they get the benefit of the doubt. He can lie and say your house smells like weed and use that to secure a search warrant even though it doesn't smell like weed who is to say it didn't smell that the cop is lying only you and with evidence against you the judge and jury will believe the cop. And the cop will fell good about lying to you they are out to get you.this is what they say when your in cuffs," You are under arrest. Anything you do or say CAN and WILL be used against you in the blah blah blah.....that's their mission statement. They Might as well say, "tell me what you want me to put you in jail for that will make my job easy".

Your dog gets out and has killed ten other dogs??? Sounds like you have a dog that needs to be put down and maybe dogs are not the right animal for you. Where I live you would be banned from owning dogs legally for not being able to control them.

N

noyd666

picture.php

vostok

Veteran
I'm going to give advice that I know sounds like its jumping to the worst conclusion but hear me out. You need to ask yourself what's the chance of this legitimately being about animal control checking on your dog's welfare - did you do anything the neighbors could misconstrue(I'm assuming you're a good person and that you're not actually hitting your dog, you said as much in your original post.)? Did you anger a neighbor enough to make them call animal control to get back at you? If you think it's just animal control, get things cleaned up temporarily and let them in to see the place, they'll be satisfied and on their way. I know LEO and animal control get a bad rap, but in my area animal control is overworked, underpaid, and underfunded, and they often have to deal with really fucked up cases of animal abuse and injury, and they're mostly concerned with the animals, they're not concerned with what else you're doing even if they are wearing a badge.

If this is LEO using animal control as a pretense to get in then I think you have a much more serious case on your hands, and letting them in to see an empty house will probably not dissuade them. If they're using false pretenses to enter it means they already have enough suspicion to be diverting attention your way, and they'll probably keep an eye on you regardless. If you think this is about your cannabis, and you are in a non-medical state , my advice to you is to have a good lawyer on retainer if possible, and shut everything down for a good long spell on top of letting them in for their animal control run. That is painful advice I know, but the rules are not fair in prohibition and they are not stacked in our favor. The risk:reward might be worth it when no one knows you grow and you're up to your armpits in weed, but the risk:reward ratio suddenly becomes a lot less attractive when "the law might be watching my operation" is one of the variables. When the price for losing this game is to lose your freedom and to be thrown into a dangerous cage, this should be a serious consideration.

^^^Pendleton, Nailed it ^^^

0443-Pendleton_Series-1.jpg

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The last time the author of this thread posted, he stated that officers had been pounding on his door for twenty minutes demanding to come inside. He hadn't cleaned house at this point. If they came back with a warrant before he got clean it could explain the long silence. Best of luck guy.

panick503

Hope op didn't get popped. If it's like most threads around here we'll probably get an update in about 3 months telling everyone it was nothing, and it just slipped his mind to update us. Hope that's the case, nobody deserves to get arrested for weed...

vostok

Veteran
The last time the author of this thread posted, he stated that officers had been pounding on his door for twenty minutes demanding to come inside. He hadn't cleaned house at this point. If they came back with a warrant before he got clean it could explain the long silence. Best of luck guy.
cadeia-lotada1.jpg

I agree....Please make your selection ...? lol

RubberBand

I asked about me coming into district with dog, and they said no, needs to be done at my house. Just doesn't make sense and sounds fishy.

Actually it makes perfect sense. What they are doing is their job because whether you want to wear that tin foil hat or not, they actually give a fuck about the welfare of your dog.

You see, in many cases, they go on these house calls and end up finding out that the dog being hit was not just an isolated case, but a mere glimpse in to a much darker reality behind closed doors.

In your eyes, you love your dog. In their eyes, they have seen too many people claim to love their dogs only to find malnourished animals caged up with their nails so long it is too painful for them to actually walk. Use some common fucking sense man. If I was you, I'd be damn glad they actually give a fuck, because the things they find behind closed doors is the stuff snuff films are made of......I hope you're being honest about not hitting your dog though.

I've seen people discipline their dogs and shrugged it off, so I'm thinking that neighbor saw you hit that dog pretty damn hard to actually go through with a phone call to animal control.

"well we couldn't prove he beat his dog, buuuut we found something else that my friends at the pd wanted to talk to him about" ~ Animal control officer

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I asked about me coming into district with dog, and they said no, needs to be done at my house. Just doesn't make sense and sounds fishy. They are part of local PD here as well, so it was a full uniformed officer...

Also banged on door for good 20-25 min, then disappeared, possibly went around house looking? Before finally saw car leave, probably 30-35 minutes in all.

Hope everything is OK. When it come to legal matters lawyers are a must.

SecondAttempt

Hope op didn't get popped. If it's like most threads around here we'll probably get an update in about 3 months telling everyone it was nothing, and it just slipped his mind to update us. Hope that's the case, nobody deserves to get arrested for weed...

Subbed for the inevitable update whether it be three months or three years... good luck OP.