What's new

Analog's LED

analogue

Hello gents.

Lights are about 8 inches over the plants (each horizontal line on the walls is 2 inches apart....).

96 total watts, 1.5 square feet, all systems are go...

decided not to wait for 60 degree lenses, they'll be here soon enough - I can see that they are needed now.

I bought some braided sheathing used for wiring harnesses on motorcycles, figured it would work here to protect the wires. Now I need more as I used it all up for the power lead from the driver to the first bar in the array. May not be necessary but it looks nice.

Temperatures are moderate, heatsinks are not even warm...

attached spectrum chart is for the Cree Neutral whites.

Phaeton that's some nice PAR you got goin.

Attachments

• XP-G_Neutral-White.jpg
    XP-G_Neutral-White.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just sent you a PM, neglected to ask where you got the parts from and do you have instructions?

analogue

Just sent you a PM, neglected to ask where you got the parts from and do you have instructions?

RapidLED dot com

ModularLED dot ca

I got instructions from both websites. They have instructional videos. And pdf document.

On the grand scale of things, it's easier to build a light bar than it is to build a computer.

I think that we'll be seeing more "clusters" and less individual diodes in the DIY marketplace. Advancements in thermal dissipation are allowing for more diodes to be put closer together.

analogue

All of the current photos of flowering plants are Bubblegums, but I also have two Harle-Tsu seedlings going. They have a 75% chance of being CBD rich. Mom was the Harlequin clone and dad was Sour Tsunami, both are CBD stalwarts. Out of a pack of seeds I'm hoping to find one female worth spending money on getting tested for CBD.

Stock Formula, EC=1.25, NH4 10%
N = 100
P = 69
K = 100
Ca = 130
Mg = 50
S = 69

Flowers EC=1.172, NH4=7%
N = 80
P = 62
K = 120
Ca = 109
Mg = 50
S = 77

I mention the above because the plants routine's are really not changed between HID and LED except for a little lower temperature.

I'll probably do a LED light for veg soon. Won't be very big :lol:.

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please keep us updated on how the CBD levels work out for you. Also, what the hell is that plant doing up above the Kessil and in front of your filter? I've been back and forth, blowing up pictures and turning them over to see if you added something reflective up there since the last pictures were posted or if you had figured out how to run two levels, and the only thing that makes any sense is that you've got it drying! :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll have what Rives is having. Must be some goooooood shit brother

Indeed it is/was! However, the center picture in Analogue's last post still appears to have a plant upside down in front of the carbon filter that wasn't in the previous pictures, and it looks pretty healthy!

analogue

Fingers crossed for CBD levels, indeed. :woohoo:

Two plants that had been in one liter air-pots were harvested and had been hanging up at the top of the cabinet above the lights. I like what I saw while trimming so I think I'll fill up the rest of the heatsinks with more LEDs :tumbleweed:

analogue

end of week 6 :tiphat:

Attachments

• bubblegum_day40.jpg
    bubblegum_day40.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Hole 3. Hash Bud x Rod 6/22. This one does not look like a typical HB plant. Shortest branches.
    Hole 3. Hash Bud x Rod 6/22. This one does not look like a typical HB plant. Shortest branches.
    66.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Flowers 2012.jpg
    Flowers 2012.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Stock Plants 2012.jpg
    Stock Plants 2012.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Analog, validating what I learned from SX- Cree Neutral Whites looked promising, now we have a grow to that proves it

wanted to pm you with some 411 to beat Crohns naturally, but you seem to have it turned off

Analog,
Why did you add the 12w of Neutral white to your grow? Was it just for your own eyes, or was it for the plants, and why?

analogue

Where did SX-go... his posts are informative.

The Cree Neutral whites do have a nice spectrum distribution. They fill in the gaps missing from sun light as the The Kessill 350 Magenta provides only 4 wavelengths: 2 each for Chlorophyll A and B.

Attachments

• Cree XP-G Neutral White.jpg
    Cree XP-G Neutral White.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Where did SX-go... his posts are informative.

The Cree Neutral whites do have a nice spectrum distribution. They fill in the gaps missing from sun light as the The Kessill 350 Magenta provides only 4 wavelengths: 2 each for Chlorophyll A and B.

Have you seen a noticeable difference in the buds(size, quality, etc.) using the 12w of white leds as opposed to only using the Magenta? It's hard to believe 12w of light would make any difference.

I'm not doubting the validity, but my intuition tells me 12w is not enough to make much of a difference.

I've actually been doing many test runs to solve some of the mysteries revolving around spectrum usage and plant response. One of them involves filling up these "missing gaps" that a red and blue led light do not cover alone.

My main point of interest right now is dealing with the ratios of the different wavelengths involved in photosynthesis. I'm using the trial and error method since a lot of the "book reading" seems outdated and does NOT revolve around herb.

Latest posts

Latest posts