What's new

Amsterdam 'No Toking' Signs Being Pilfered

G

Bedankt ClosetMonster. Hope to see another Nederlander at 420 this year mate.

PureSativa420

i want a toking sign as the other americans said when i first seen it i thought it was a place to toke not a no toking sign :D

ClosetMonster

I have seen the sign today.. and a wrench is no good to take it, need a pipe saw. Weight aprox 5kilo with pipe atachment.. need ladder as well :) nothing can stop my new table from coming home though.. I think im going to put my bike next to the sign and chill out.. climb up the seat and take a few saws at it..

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
haha those signs are pretty cool. I often smoked on the streets of th dam....just in areas where there weren't too many people around. I once lit some up near some kind of Jewish monument....some cute chicks came over and then a bunch of Indian tourists came to ask for directions..while I was puffing on a blunt!

SativaBelieva

There is nothing cool about this sign! It is to deter problem youth... I say make a sign that forbids youngsters to hang around... what the fuck, I haven't seen any anti crack and smack signs!!!

SativaBelieva

So you can't smoke joints there... but at what side of the sign?... and what about a pipe or vapo... eat all mushrooms you can... peyote... and ayuasca???

This sign gets only stolen because no-one really wants it there... I know people that have been wanting to steal that sign for weeks now... you have to be first, as it gets stolen everyday... I don't need the sign and I don't steal... but I plan to paint the red rim GREEN!

Latitude18

Good Idea

Good Idea

I love the idea of the table , And ... since you can buy them , no one can say it's stolen , Not that I'd steel one ... that's something my brother would do though :sasmokin:

G

SB has it right. These are neighborhoods that you, as a tourist, would never frequent.
Still, most "undesirable" neighborhoods in US Cities are far more dangerous, in real terms.

Yet another attempt at "subtle" racism. This is not a reaction to the tourist smoking on the street, which is bound to bring on some derision from one or another of the Nederlanders. Although these signs could turn up in other places, one would assume. A test run, in an ethnic neighborhood is a brilliant way for the Gov't to introduce such a program.

Truth be told, it is a factor only when the weather is good. Otherwise, there are much fewer people on the street. And puffing on a doob will not raise many eyebrows. Except at 7am.. haha

Since us Americans tend to smoke "pure" joints, the pungency is something a bit shocking to Europeans, although smoking pure is becoming more prevalent of late. A question of respect, if it is smoked in a joint, and not flaunted, there are little or no issues. Apparently, except in some neighborhoods, which have a larger percentage of North African inhabitants. Hmm, can you say "test-program..?"

However, I find the Netherlands to be FAR more equitable in all ways.

Here in the US, things are far worse on all fronts. Americans are afraid of everything - these days, it all trickles down from "the top." Fear as a way of governing.

Making these signs into a marketing joke is not really cool to support, as Sativa Believa opined, because they will get more anchorage to prevent theft, and could appear in the Red Light district, and perhaps near Centraal station. Then who knows, near the Anne Frank house, so as not to offend pious tourists, who spend bank...?

And yes, the US Gov't pressures the Dutch Gov't constantly, as do many members of the EU, especially Sweden.

Hats off to you Nederlander Legislators, I admire your collective courage and independently realistic, strong ways of thinking ----- immensely... Would that our own populace was resolved to provide such a point of view, and back it up with real action. Tolerance is becoming unknown in the USA. 1984 is now.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SativaBelieva said:
To buy is to support... so you will be supporting fascist shop owners that don't want moroccan youth hanging around...

Have you ever sat in a coffeeshop/redlight bar when 4-6 "yout" come in and tried to buy x1 Sambuca between them, then start trying to beef the ppl in the shop...lol (we could understand why many ppl have a problem with this)
Youth in central Amsterdam want to drink spirits and smoke, a thing forbidden until they reach the ages of 21 and 18. (completely forbode in Islam)... hence this is a cultural, perhaps religious issue in places, and has nothing to do with race... besides I'd be more worried about the many teens scoring stones from Junkies on warmoestraat on the weekend!!!! A major social issue!!!!!

People that smoke in the streets of Amsterdam/NL are missing the fucking point! Numb-skull twats that hold little respect for Dutch culture!

Think about it :chin:
later dL

edit: oh yeah, Amsterdam is not Ruff for a major city,,, far from it,,, try spending a week in a Parisian ghetto or Peckham,,, huh? Then get real... in Toxteth, Liverpool they pull down the CCTV cameras... lol

Last edited: