What's new

American Racism - and the Anti-White Left -

h.h.

Veteran
I guess that cinches it. Don’t anybody pull out the race card. Put on your hoods and fall in line. Put away your dope and learn the goose step.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
link: The concept of ‘hate speech’ is dangerous; freedom of speech is the cornerstone of democracy - YouTube
- A creeping authoritarianism is now gripping society in both Britain and America, threatening to choke the principle of freedom of speech. -
freedom of speech is one of the cornerstones of democracy. but, most of those bemoaning the "loss of their freedom of speech" are actually bitching because they did not realize that there can be repercussions to their free speech. nor do they understand (or want to) that private platforms do not have to give them a podium to speak from. you can say nearly anything you want (i'd stop before getting around to shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded theater) , but there might be a price to pay. "but, it's not FAIR!" i hear the whining from here, lol.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
freedom of speech is one of the cornerstones of democracy. but, most of those bemoaning the "loss of their freedom of speech" are actually bitching because they did not realize that there can be repercussions to their free speech. nor do they understand (or want to) that private platforms do not have to give them a podium to speak from. you can say nearly anything you want (i'd stop before getting around to shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded theater) , but there might be a price to pay. "but, it's not FAIR!" i hear the whining from here, lol.

you show that you have no true understanding of the concept of free speech.

dramamine

Everyone learns at a young age that speech has repercussions. If it didn't, why would we need to protect its freedom?

Do you think that phone companies have the right to cut off your service based on the content of your calls?

In a free society, people have the right to spread disinformation. It then behooves others to point out the disinformation. Silencing speech never works out well for anyone in the end, even though one side initially sees it as beneficial to their own goals.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have a mixed race granddaughter and live in a small rural area where racism isn't visible, or even nuanced. But I shudder when I think about what she may go through later on in life. Her dad is the stereotypical gangbanger who occasionally tries to rhyme and flips McBurgers for a living. I don't think of him in racist terms, but I do think of him as a lazy mother fucker.

And dumb! He though carrots grew on a tree like an apple. Freaked him out when his daughter asked for a carrot and I pulled one out of the ground. lol.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

People use "Freedom of Speech" as a shield for hate speech. But we all know, the repercussions can be severe. Especially in Canada.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone learns at a young age that speech has repercussions. If it didn't, why would we need to protect its freedom?

Do you think that phone companies have the right to cut off your service based on the content of your calls?

In a free society, people have the right to spread disinformation. It then behooves others to point out the disinformation. Silencing speech never works out well for anyone in the end, even though one side initially sees it as beneficial to their own goals.

Phone companies tap your phone based on the content of your calls.

In a free society, exemplified by this forum, most people are gullible and love Qossipy conspiracies, especially if it makes them cashola.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
link: The concept of ‘hate speech’ is dangerous; freedom of speech is the cornerstone of democracy - YouTube

- A creeping authoritarianism is now gripping society in both Britain and America, threatening to choke the principle of freedom of speech. -

Oh the horror of these new words like homophobia....BTW this guy is using youtube and making money from it. In my opinion that alone makes him a loser, not worth looking at nor listening to.
There is far more freedom of speech now than in the 50s through to 80s.

Is it freedom of speech to insult ICMAG members?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh the horror of these new words like homophobia....BTW this guy is using youtube and making money from it. In my opinion that alone makes him a loser, not worth looking at nor listening to.
There is far more freedom of speech now than in the 50s through to 80s.

Is it freedom of speech to insult ICMAG members?

- you are entitled to your opinion of course - but I beg to differ - because often I find topics discussed in youtube videos that are not generally found in the main media - and if they are then they are not discussed in such depth -

- as for insulting ICMAG members with silly name calling - that's not the way to civil discourse - so we try and curtail that sort of activity here -

justanotherbozo

Veteran
- you are entitled to your opinion of course - but I beg to differ - because often I find topics discussed in youtube videos that are not generally found in the main media - and if they are then they are not discussed in such depth -

- as for insulting ICMAG members with silly name calling - that's not the way to civil discourse - so we try and curtail that sort of activity here -

...yet you are the only one here safe to disagree with the left leaning masses here at ICMag, I've seen more than a few dissenting voices silenced here because some lefty moderator abused his power.

...and since when did the world grow so
nutless that we can't have a 'dislike' button, seems to me a dislike button would give people a safe way to show disagreement without risking banning.

20210803_123612.jpg

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
insult lies in the mind of lesser men, and anonymity should reflect that fact.
anonymity should be all that is required to protect that fragile facet of foolishness.
in the real world, where your real friends accept you whatever you say, this notion of insult slips away...because friendship transcends whatever pain intended.
it's rough when you take something said by someone you don't know as personal.

cancel culture eventually smothers everyone speech till it smothers free thought. everyone. that is the consequence of delicate sensitivities feeling insult of opposite opinion.

this Hatfield and McCoy approach to civil discourse must have ammunition expended before surrender to insult.
it's my opinion that some here should grow a pair.

Cannavore

Veteran

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it is not the youtube; I use it myself to provide information; it is the money making.