What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amazing Glass Bongs

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol you should definitely have him make you something.he probably knows stuff other glass blowers don't.he could probably make something really unique.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This is all glass art, not many are so practical to want to use them, who wants to smoke out of a $20,000 art piece, not me. I break glass bongs regularly, 8 mil borosilicate glass RooR bongs custom made for me. I would not want a bong that cost more the my RooR as I know I will brake it. Also I prefer function over style, I want one easy to clean with just hot tap water, I try and clean my bong daily and I have broke a lot cleaning them, I bang them against the sink.....
I can see collecting art but not using them to smoke from, I like to relax when I smoke, and a $20,000 dollar pipe would not allow me to relax. I have 3 identical RooRs if I break one I just pull out an identical one and order another one for an extra. I know it is pretty boring of me but I do not worry if I break one or two I am ready for it.
If people broke a few of these collectables in one day they might die, or wish they were dead, I don't want a pipe that would make me feel that way, I know if I use it I will break it sooner or later.
Some of them sure are beautiful, art not pipes, even if they do work as a pipe...
-SamS

shithawk420

Veteran
Maybe not 20,000$ but I see a couple that gotta be at least 10,000$ again some of these pieces are not meant to be smoked out of.that guitar bong however is fully functional. if I was rich I would definitely snag that

theJointedOne

Veteran
man....finding some good deals online for some sick stuff..

although nowadays im thinking 500-1k is a good deal for a super heady piece by a wel known artist. I think a few years ago i would have had a hard time even considering paying something like that, but now that ive started collecting the past few years, i see no prob.

As the industry grows the heady stuff by the known artists will only get more valuable, imho

theJointedOne

Veteran
ltndEog.jpg

V_MAN

Love Buck glass, I got some heady glass coming. Can't wait to post it up. :) I should really post some of my other pieces.

psyphish

Veteran
So is collecting bongs kind of like collecting art? Do these things keep their value (increase maybe) if they're not used? I only have three bongs and none of them cost more than 100 euros, but they have good diffusers. I just feel like these artists would reach a bigger audience if they made.. non-functional glass art instead.

shithawk420

Veteran
It all depends.most glass doesnt keep its value.but if you have a one of a kind piece from a famous artist than yes,they will probably hold their value.and its not like collecting art,it is collecting art.i cant imagine smoking from that pirahna above.it would almost impossible to clean.it would be ignorant to smoke out of a ten thousand dollar piece only to find out you cant legally sell it online because of resin.i guess if you live in a med state its no big deal.but i wouldnt pay top dollar

irontiger

Like sam said back a page, i like to clean mine daily(sometimes twice, ya im a bit ocd lol) so all mine must be easy to clean up and i use hot water mostly so i use a roor beaker as my daily driver(can clean in a couple minutes). I have some nice rigs as well and i tend to use the easily cleaned ones the most. Its funny i have said this many times over the years and been laughed at but never heard anyone else say or admit it before sam did, i have broke one bong (and a few down stems and bowls until i put a rubber mat in the bottom of the deep sink so when i drop a stem now it doesnt break) cleaning in hot water and shaking it when it hit the side of my ceramic deep utility sink grrr. Generally i use some epoxy and put them back together(evan bowls, i didnt think the epoxy would take heat but it does) but the little sista roor broke so bad i couldnt do it bummer. Great thread, love seeing so much gorgeous glass.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ouch! You broke a roor? That would piss me off.that's why I bought a gspot.still made in Germany and on YouTube they got a guy hammering nails and breaking boards with them.put a roor or ehle diffuser in there and you have a bong that will be difficult to break for half the price of a roor

FoothillFarming

Not sure you if you guys know The Cave in San Mateo. They have some really talented artists as well. One artist did an entire Simpsons line up. Some of the best glass work I have ever seen.

irontiger

Went and checked out the G Spot glass, very nice pieces. Also looked at the glass at The Cave, wow...gorgeous pieces there. Im afraid i may only get to look at those however, i couldnt help but notice the prices..yikes, not saying they arent worth it at all just that im not in that income bracket. I need a wealthy smoke buddy..ya thats it lol Ill bring weed if they bring some killer glass like that to try out. Hey .. im in the middle of blinking nowhere.. i can fantasize lol Same happened when i dreamt of using mother ships, fab eggs, etc but i found chinese clones of that stuff doubt i find any like those.