What's new

Am I the only one from Colorado that doesn't want a pot tourism industry?

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Denver's 2014 cannabis cup is probably going to be one of the biggest ever. If you don't like it now, just wait until April, lol.

HB.

monsoon

But I think I can enlighten you a little bit,its all about freedom, If I choose to indulge or not I will always choose to spend my "tourist bucks" in a state that supports my FREEDOM to make that choice!
Its about having the right to personal use, regardless of whether you think that right should be afforded to non residents or not.

Ya took me wrong, wind. I don't dislike you.

You should have the freedom to indulge....yet...that isn't what this new law is about! It's a LIMITED freedom. This State wants your tourist and weed dollars, but I guarantee they don't want to see your USE.

It's like those Federal lands you first smoked on where it is STILL illegal. Smokin at the ski are has always been something folks do. It's also been the basis (skiing high) for MANY lawsuits here and for many drug charges here because just as smoking anywhere in public here is illegal, smoking on Natl forest land where the ski area is located is a State AND Federal crime. The resort near my home has signs up all over that warn that you will lose your pass and be charged if you are caught smoking...so it's not something that has loosened with the new laws, it's actually something that will NOW be enforced, whereas for the last 30 years it was a non-issue in most instances. Gotta love progress!

FYI...it's a $1000 fine if you are caught on Fed lands with weed or smoking weed and then you have to face Colorado's Skier safety Act on top of that.

Be careful and hidden. Everyone knows folks smoke, but few want to see it and the resorts have hired crews to do nothing but detect it/get it off their mountain.

Who cares if i have to hide it, not me

In the majority of states in our country, you can go to jail for extended stays with just a small amount of marijuana. This leads to the terrible black market of greedy people selling it for your now LEGAL prices that are complained about so much. We have no quality standards or any choice for that matter. You get whatever the 3 or 4 people you know selling have at the time. For a medical user with High Functioning Autism, it is extremely hard. For years, its been "who you know," and for someone like me it is overly difficult to have to be a social butterfly to find high quality indicas that help me so much. It seems a simple choice to travel someone at whatever the cost to have the choice of strain as well as the ability to turn a business down if you dont like it, not the guy that is supposed to be your friend and only chance at bud that week.

Also, many do not have the resources to grow on there own. That is why most medical states allow caregivers to grow for them.

The grass isnt always greener on the other side, but come on, the situation many face in the archaic fully illegal states is appalling. There are many in my state fighting to change things including myself, but it takes time.

Time and Resources are not a luxury everyone has available to them. Compassion from the legal states is a must to the recreational and medical tourist alike. We need it after such a long and unfruitful fight.

----
My screen-name is from overgrow and when i was very young. I dont agree with what it implies anymore but has nostalgia for me.