What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alpine outdoor guerilla grow

Funkalicious

We've got plenty of other plants growing happily!

Here's a Watermelon Skittlez
IMG_20230904_181020.jpg

We've got a bunch of happy Cheese 🧀
IMG_20230904_191235.jpg

Here is the middle terrace (ErdbeerX, Dosidos cross, etc)
IMG_20230904_193953.jpg

stiff

Veteran
Nice looking garden you've got there. I see you are growing erdbeer crosses..i have an ogkush lemonlarry x erdbeerli in my garden at the moment.
Good luck for the rest of your grow✌️

Hasselhoff1337

Impressed! Nice work guys.

Got two questions:
How long is the season for you?
Tried any Nordic strains? Like Danish IBL’s or Hybrids from hell strains? Must do super well in your area I would guess.

Autos are fun (and a blessing up here in Scandinavia where I am) but man oh man are they sensitive and stunt easy if you fuck any minor thing up the first 4 weeks. Totally get that you grow these big girls mainly!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Harvest! Good to get started early to help make sure the job gets done over time. Plants all look healthy and lush out in the mountain air. Hopefully the fall isn't too wet. Yeah those long finishers are tempting to grow, but its a gamble for most folks. Cannabis is hardy against light frost, its the mold that makes us bring them in.

Cheese looks like its filling in well! Looking forward to seeing how they do. Clear back the native brush a little bit to allow better airflow and it will help reduce chances of mold. :smoke:

Funkalicious

Thanks for the kind words guys!

@stiff that's fun to hear you also have some Erdbeerli genetics in your garden! We love the strawberry smell and it's a nostalgic strain too.

@Hasselhoff1337 our season runs until end October depending on the year.. I'd say it's much safer to run until mid October considering how wet it can get after that point. I have looked at those breeders but never tried any! I am hoping to try ACE's ErdPurt x PCK next year.. And if things go well, we might run ErdbeerX again as it's looking great so far. CRITICAL has also been a really reliable strain over the years and finishes on time. Do you recommend a strain in particular that's really interesting?

@pipeline thanks for the input! Indeed it was a total gamble on the Thai Chi, i was kinda sceptical about it but if we pull it off it'll be a fun experience that we don't need to try again hahah! The distance between the brush is bigger than the photo suggests, but we can still clear more brush just to be safe.

Will keep you posted as we harvest end of the month!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a balance of course if you are trying to keep them hidden. I tend to push the brush way back during the sping and summer to allow light in for faster growth, then this time of year, pull the brush toward the plants to help blend them in. Just try to do you best to get good airflow around the plants. Most of the flowers are up high anyway and get good airflow. :smoke:

Hasselhoff1337

N

@stiff that's fun to hear you also have some Erdbeerli genetics in your garden! We love the strawberry smell and it's a nostalgic strain too.

@Hasselhoff1337 our season runs until end October depending on the year.. I'd say it's much safer to run until mid October considering how wet it can get after that point. I have looked at those breeders but never tried any! I am hoping to try ACE's ErdPurt x PCK next year.. And if things go well, we might run ErdbeerX again as it's looking great so far. CRITICAL has also been a really reliable strain over the years and finishes on time. Do you recommend a strain in particular that's really interesting?

@pipeline thanks for the input! Indeed it was a total gamble on the Thai Chi, i was kinda sceptical about it but if we pull it off it'll be a fun experience that we don't need to try again hahah! The distance between the brush is bigger than the photo suggests, but we can still clear more brush just to be safe.

Haven’t really tried any myself but in Swedish forums I see they all perform well. I grow mainly autos as I’m a careful fucker looking for a quick ”hit n run” type grow with small (max 120cm) plants that finish in early august before the mushroom pickers, hunters, forestry workers (growing in young production forest) and mold problems set in.

I’ve noticed however that the Nordic autos (like cphseeds) grow bigger and are alot more suitable to this climate, so even there it matters. Tried growing gorilla cookies and wedding cake from fastbuds but they just end up being 20-30cm with airy buds. New indoor genetics are shit for guerilla. Sure, have em outdoor at home and feed fancy liquid nutrients and control environment and you’re probably good but in pine forest with horseshit, planting soil and osmocote and guaranteed animal/bug attacks and underwatering you need proper genetics to get fat couch locky buds.

Funkalicious

Howdy peeps!

I hiked up to the spot, and made my second harvest of the season. We had very heavy rains on and off for nearly a week coming up to this harvest. We were fearing the worst..

Chopped!
We cut the the ErdbeerX and the Watermelon Skittles.

ErdbeerX
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.19.37.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.13.42.png

They needed another 7-10 days to be fully ready. The trichomes were fully cloudy, with very few amber. The reason we cut was because we spotted a bunch of caterpillars in the buds eating at the stems. There was damage, especially on the Watermelon Skittles. We also saw some minor mold/bud-rot. We didn't want to come back to a bloodbath, as had happened before...

Heavy bags on the way down - and big smile on my face.

Bottom balcony
The Thai Chi are looking like tentacle beasts now! Still quite some way from finishing.. probably 3-4 weeks away. First pheno is 1-2 weeks behind the second pheno (closest to the camera).

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.07.16.png

Thai Chi - faster pheno
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.09.25.png

Middle balcony
This was a wonderful sight after the heavy rains. They look GOOD! Healthy and happy girls.

ErdbeerX smells like strawberries and pine, just as the name suggests. Some were closer to being ready than others, different phenos.
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.13.02.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.14.11.png

Watermelon Skittles were looking good. These are clones so they were consistent. They had the most caterpillar damage, as can be seen in the photo.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.16.43.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.16.55.png

Top balcony
No photos for this time. The Cheese looks fantastic and smells great. The NL/Gelato had no smell. The Zorro also looked really goood. The Cheese X Gelato also looks healthy. It's a promising balcony that needs 10-14 days.

We did not see any signs of caterpillar damage, but it was getting dark. We are taking a gamble on this one, as we didn't have an BT spray on hand to use in case some caterpillars were present on some buds. Fingers crossed.

Next step
We hung everything to dry in a well ventilated grow tent.

We will be back in 10-14 days, if the weather permits!

Attachments

• 166A9045.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 33

Funkalicious

Hey folks!

We did a quick check yesterday, and we ended up harvesting a bunch of plants.

We cut the clones: Creamy Kees, Watermelon Skittlez, Zorro, Belladonna. We also cut the remaining small buds we'd left on the ErdbeerX plants last week.

We saw mold/rot had started on some of these clones so we opted to cut them. As usual with the mountain grow things usually could benefit from a little more maturation but I am happy with today's haul!

Creamy Kees

IMG-20231005-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20231005-WA0008.jpg

Belladonna
IMG-20231005-WA0010.jpg

Thai Chi progress
IMG-20231005-WA0012.jpg

Top balcony (Cheese, Cheese Gelato, NL/Gelato)
IMG-20231005-WA0011.jpg

I will harvest the top balcony next week (10 days after these photos were taken).

The plants smell great.. With the belladonna giving us a really great bouquet. Awesome smell of Grapefruit and Anise.

Take care!

Attachments

• IMG-20231005-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20231005-WA0009.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Funkalicious

Hi folks!

Another harvest session done. Heavy rain during the trip, everything was soaked!

I cut the Top + Middle balcony plants.

Cheese
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 16.24.01.png

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 16.29.36.png

Gelato
(it was either Northern Lights or Gelato.. we think this looks more like a gelato.. what do you think?
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 16.24.11.png

Other clones
I also harvested clones of Gorilla Glue, Critical Mass, Cheese, Gelato... no photos because it was pouring with rain! These looked great - a solid year for sure.

what about the Thai Chi?
Well they are looking good.. I would say 2-3 weeks to go. It's now getting quite cold, and plenty of rain forecast. So let's see if they make it! They looks really healthy so far, just been taking off all the yellowing/dying leaves.. no signs of mold or rot so far.

Funkalicious

Thanks for stopping by @ost ! Indeed we do sneak that pick-ax in there well :) Usually even more discreet than in that photo.

I do my best to make airflow toward the rear of the plants. I am usually very pressed for time when it's mission time, fighting against the sunset and darkness.. but evenings are longer in the summer and that's when you can do the nice trimming etc.

Next year I am thinking of planting the girls closer to the back, place stakes in the hillside and have them all well tied up. Then leave space at the front to move around, and maybe plant smaller autos... let's see...

Hype for Thai Chi!!

ost

Hi folks!

Another harvest session done. Heavy rain during the trip, everything was soaked!

I cut the Top + Middle balcony plants.

Cheese
View attachment 18905119
View attachment 18905120

Gelato
(it was either Northern Lights or Gelato.. we think this looks more like a gelato.. what do you think?
View attachment 18905121

Other clones
I also harvested clones of Gorilla Glue, Critical Mass, Cheese, Gelato... no photos because it was pouring with rain! These looked great - a solid year for sure.

what about the Thai Chi?
Well they are looking good.. I would say 2-3 weeks to go. It's now getting quite cold, and plenty of rain forecast. So let's see if they make it! They looks really healthy so far, just been taking off all the yellowing/dying leaves.. no signs of mold or rot so far.
nice to have a banner year from time to time!keep growing and looking for new ground!
Happy Harvest! Good to get started early to help make sure the job gets done over time. Plants all look healthy and lush out in the mountain air. Hopefully the fall isn't too wet. Yeah those long finishers are tempting to grow, but its a gamble for most folks. Cannabis is hardy against light frost, its the mold that makes us bring them in.

Cheese looks like its filling in well! Looking forward to seeing how they do. Clear back the native brush a little bit to allow better airflow and it will help reduce chances of mold. :smoke:
the mold will screw up a grow ,quick best of luck with the alpine grow i love it!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy harvest! Looks like some great smoke! See if you can get some harvest pics once you get out of the rain. Curious what they look like.

Make sure you dry the rain off the outside with a fan circulating the air as much as you can. Its not preferrable to harvest wet flowers. Best to let them dry out for a day or so on the plant before cutting. They will probably be alright though, just be aware of more mold risk harvesting wet flower vs. dry.

Autos may not do as well out on the mountain since sunlight is better as the plants get taller and grow into the light. Also weeds can be an issue with smaller plants.

Time to rest, mission accomplished! :smoke:

Funkalicious

Happy harvest! Looks like some great smoke! See if you can get some harvest pics once you get out of the rain. Curious what they look like.

Make sure you dry the rain off the outside with a fan circulating the air as much as you can. Its not preferrable to harvest wet flowers. Best to let them dry out for a day or so on the plant before cutting. They will probably be alright though, just be aware of more mold risk harvesting wet flower vs. dry.

Autos may not do as well out on the mountain since sunlight is better as the plants get taller and grow into the light. Also weeds can be an issue with smaller plants.

Time to rest, mission accomplished! :smoke:
Hey man thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Totally agree with the needed to be really vigilant with cutting wet buds. We placed them in a grow tent with an extractor fan, one fan inside, and another small fan blowing sir inside.. So quite a solid airflow.

They are drying up well. I even fear the system might have too much air blowing in and they dry too fast! But I'd rather have them dry a little too fast than have problems with mold.. Would be heartbreaking to lose the harvest. Plus we need a highly discreet system and the tent + extractor fan + carbon filter does a great job.

Interesting point about the sunlight needs of autoflowers.. Maybe not enough sunlight hours on the spot for decent harvest, but might try a couple in a corner to see what happens.

Latest posts

Latest posts