What's new

Alphas Cannabinerd Adventureland

Some people have great results with Rockwool, but I have not been one of them. I've tried it many many times, and always medicore results. It probably does have something to do with my flood schedules, but more floods per day means more feedings , more nutes and more oxygen. So, it could be my error that they turned out poor, but on the other hand, if it was my flood schedule that caused the issues with low yield, I do not ever want to use rw again. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Maybe it had something to do with me using smart pots, I'm not sure, but I always have issues with rw.

I vegged for 5 or 6 weeks I think from rooted clones. 16 clones in a 4x4 tray with a 1000w hps light. I've decided to discontinue growing this cut due to its slow veg and lower yields though I have one more batch I'll be growing in my ebb buckets. I'll be doing 14 plants vegged for 30 days under a 1000w this time. They are about the same size because I vegged them in hydroton so they grew a bit quicker for me, but they are only 11-12" tall on average. I shaved off about 2 weeks of veg using hydroton. :tiphat:

damn dude i wish you'd try it over again but with just hydroton to see what you would get and you didnt do any type of training to them right? besides maybe some lower leaf pruning. also how many times do you flood when using the hydroton, do you food at night? i plan on doing 36 plants (northern lights) on a 3x6 table and let them go for 4 weeks (from unrooted clone & veg) then flower and I'm trying to get an ounce per plant with the lucas formula, you think this is a possible/realistic goal?

I've had 10x better results coveting the tray and I've only not covered the tray for 2 grows.. Well, I can see a huge difference. My covered trays will crush a non covered tray 11/10 times. So cover your trays! Not covering your tray is newb shit, though, I've heard it's fine from so many "not newbs" lol. More roots fools.

View attachment 335430

what have you pulled so far off the table with 24 since you covered it? i never usually see people with a covered table, what is it basically/almost like a temporary DWC when the table is flooding? how high do you let the water get? or how many inches is the water line below the tray cover?

Alpha Phase

I do have 12 gdp in just hydroton, in smart pots, that I will be flowering tomorrow with 2 Atomic nl and 1 mendo breath in my ebb buckets, which is basically the same exact thing as a flood tray. 15 plants, all hydroton, 1000w hps. Should be close enough test. These gdp vegged way faster than the last batch. And I just noticed my 600w mh bulb was shot, so they would have vegged even better had I had a new bulb in. No training on the last batch of gdp except I topped some of them 1x and some leaf pruning in flower. I flood every 3-4 hrs and no floods at night. Northern lights is a a great plant for a dog and yields well, depending on how much light you'll be using, (x2 600w? ) I'd say that is achievable. Here's a tip with Lucas formula. Do not use the 8/16 right away, use a 1:2 ratio instead. Example : 4ml/8ml to start. Use ppm and don't just go by the 8/16 ml as Lucas states to use all the way through. .

damn dude i wish you'd try it over again but with just hydroton to see what you would get and you didnt do any type of training to them right? besides maybe some lower leaf pruning. also how many times do you flood when using the hydroton, do you food at night? i plan on doing 36 plants (northern lights) on a 3x6 table and let them go for 4 weeks (from unrooted clone & veg) then flower and I'm trying to get an ounce per plant with the lucas formula, you think this is a possible/realistic goal?

Alpha Phase

I haven't run these strains in this table yet, I just built this one. I haven't used this design in a year and when I was using the design it was only for veg. Back track about 5 or 6 years, this is when I used this design solely. It is the table I told you I have pulled 2.7lbs from a similar design.

The cover keeps light off the roots so the roots can grow undisturbed and spread out without dying and turning brown. I flood the tray as high as I can, about 1" from the top of the tray /below the tray cover. The tray works exactly like a normal flood tray, it just has a lid.

what have you pulled so far off the table with 24 since you covered it? i never usually see people with a covered table, what is it basically/almost like a temporary DWC when the table is flooding? how high do you let the water get? or how many inches is the water line below the tray cover?

Alpha Phase

Gearing up for a mini sog in some ebb buckets.

12 gdp
2 Atomic northern lights
1 mendo breath

Will flower them tomorrow

20151006_153403.jpg

20151007_184609.jpg

I do have 12 gdp in just hydroton, in smart pots, that I will be flowering tomorrow with 2 Atomic nl and 1 mendo breath in my ebb buckets, which is basically the same exact thing as a flood tray. 15 plants, all hydroton, 1000w hps. Should be close enough test. These gdp vegged way faster than the last batch. And I just noticed my 600w mh bulb was shot, so they would have vegged even better had I had a new bulb in. No training on the last batch of gdp except I topped some of them 1x and some leaf pruning in flower. I flood every 3-4 hrs and no floods at night. Northern lights is a a great plant for a dog and yields well, depending on how much light you'll be using, (x2 600w? ) I'd say that is achievable. Here's a tip with Lucas formula. Do not use the 8/16 right away, use a 1:2 ratio instead. Example : 4ml/8ml to start. Use ppm and don't just go by the 8/16 ml as Lucas states to use all the way through. .
ahh i see and yes over the 3x6 it would be either 2 cooled 600s or a 1k gavita but idk if ill even have room for the gavita which do you think would be better? a lot of people say the 2 600s because it will be way cooler then a gavita and a better spread for the table dimension and yeah id definitely keep the formula light and see how they react and take it from there,, when you say use ppm are you saying i shouldn't use e.c? and at what conversion .5 or .7? i plan on buying an expensive meter or a blue labs meter that shows all 3

I haven't run these strains in this table yet, I just built this one. I haven't used this design in a year and when I was using the design it was only for veg. Back track about 5 or 6 years, this is when I used this design solely. It is the table I told you I have pulled 2.7lbs from a similar design.

The cover keeps light off the roots so the roots can grow undisturbed and spread out without dying and turning brown. I flood the tray as high as I can, about 1" from the top of the tray /below the tray cover. The tray works exactly like a normal flood tray, it just has a lid.

2.7 off that covered 4x4? damnnn i just found a moderator on another forum who does kind of the same thing, 4x8 trays with covers and puts 20 holes in the tray cover for the netcups... then he puts the netcup with the plant&hydroton in the slot so the netcups dangle in the air and he floods the tray every hour for 15min, 24/7. almost like a e&f/dwc hybrid. is that kind of how that tray was but without as frequent flooding?

Alpha Phase

2.7 off that covered 4x4? damnnn i just found a moderator on another forum who does kind of the same thing, 4x8 trays with covers and puts 20 holes in the tray cover for the netcups... then he puts the netcup with the plant&hydroton in the slot so the netcups dangle in the air and he floods the tray every hour for 15min, 24/7. almost like a e&f/dwc hybrid. is that kind of how that tray was but without as frequent flooding?

Awesome, that's exactly how I was growing for the past 10 years or so. Net pots suspended from a lid and flood every hour or so. I used 3" net pots. 36 pots and my trays were 3.5x3.5' - It's nice to hear others are growing the same way.

Here's my design I started a while back, sounds exactly the same as what you're talking about. This was the tables I got 2.7lb from per light

100_1859.jpg

Awesome, that's exactly how I was growing for the past 10 years or so. Net pots suspended from a lid and flood every hour or so. I used 3" net pots. 36 pots and my trays were 3.5x3.5' - It's nice to hear others are growing the same way.

Here's my design I started a while back, sounds exactly the same as what you're talking about. This was the tables I got 2.7lb from per light

View attachment 335853

wow your the man dude! thats exactly what i want to do but with a 3x6 botanicare table with 2 cooled 600w hps and 36 plants in hydroton using the lucas formula and hi-yielding strains, should be fairly easy to get a zip per plant as long as i have the environment under control, no?

Alpha Phase

Thanks man, and Totally! An Oz a plant should be fairly easy with a good yielding strain. Especially nl #5. My tangerine kush x nl5 cross I made used to kill it in a sog. I never ran nl5 I don't think on a sog, but I do remember it being a hell of a yielder none the less. Ice by nirvana or royal queen seeds would be another great candidate

Alpha Phase

A little over 6 full weeks with the gg4, spog91, kushberry and pog18. They are doing OK I think.
20151011_195624.jpg
IMG_20151013_114218.jpg
20151011_195750.jpg

The ebb bucket sog with gdp, mendo breath and atomic nl are a few days into flower, they are looking great and handled the transfer well.
20151011_195950.jpg

The gg4 sog will be flowered Friday. I've got a case of mites that I need to address.. It's my first case if mites in over 10 years. Ugh. Oh well.
20151013_000143.jpg

I'm thinking about switching back to veg+bloom nutrients, haven't decided. It worked much better in flower than the maxibloom, but the price is redonkulous.

Thanks man, and Totally! An Oz a plant should be fairly easy with a good yielding strain. Especially nl #5. My tangerine kush x nl5 cross I made used to kill it in a sog. I never ran nl5 I don't think on a sog, but I do remember it being a hell of a yielder none the less. Ice by nirvana or royal queen seeds would be another great candidate

its funny you say that, northern lights is the only strain i know I'm doing forsure lol but thanks man I'm super happy, can wait to get started! thanks for all your help dude i appreciate it a lot! plants are looking beautiful by the way!!

Alpha Phase

its funny you say that, northern lights is the only strain i know I'm doing forsure lol but thanks man I'm super happy, can wait to get started! thanks for all your help dude i appreciate it a lot! plants are looking beautiful by the way!!

Not a problem at all man! Glad to help. And sometimes I think I'm psychic lol but nl is a great yield strain. Not sure if you mentioned it or I pulled it out of my ass, but either way, you'll be on track with that one.

Alpha Phase

The gdp mini sog is filling in nicely at 7 days flower. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The atomic nl and mendo breath are much smaller due to the veg time they got, but it should be OK to give me an idea if I like them or not. Feeling 900ppm maxibloom and maxigrow, silica and calmag..and Epsom.
20151017_195855.jpg

These gg4 will go into flower tomorrow. Vegged for 14 days, they are about 12" tall except for 2 runts are 8". They've been sorely mistreated and overwatered for most of their veg and they also had mites. Hoping that they do well in the sog tray. Wishing I caught the over watering early so they were more healthy for flower but I have to flower them as is due to the size. 22 plants, 4x4 tray.
20151017_205053.jpg

Here's some gg4 bud. 49 days flower.

View attachment 337000

Attachments

• 20151017_202315.jpg
    20151017_202315.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 11

Alpha Phase

Just about done with the sour power OG x Chem 91, glue, kushberry and pog18. They are getting 1ec feed as I taper off the nutes for the final week.

The gdp just hit 2 weeks.

This crappie gg4 sog has hit 1 full week, still iffy if I'll keep them or not.

rps20151026_181650.jpg

20151026_174935.jpg

rps20151026_175342.jpg

rps20151026_180430.jpg

rps20151026_180418.jpg

rps20151026_182705.jpg

Alpha Phase

Well, I have chopped the ebb buckets with the glue, purple OG 18, sour power OG x Chem and kushberry. I think they came out nice and am happy. Could have done better in the yield department but with how many plants and the veg time, I think they were on track.
20151102_185649.jpg
20151102_185859.jpg
20151103_161321.jpg
20151103_163511.jpg
20151102_185454.jpg

The gdp and mendo breath are 3 weeks into 12/12 now. They filled out great. Very happy so far with those.
20151102_185454.jpg

The gg4 sog is coming along slowly. Not near as good as I wanted it to be but 10x better than I thought they would be considering the really shitty short veg time and veg issues I ran into.
20151102_185441.jpg

I have some more gg4 vegging for the final run with her and there will also be 2 or 3 sour power OG x Chem which will be grown in the ebb buckets rather than dirt this round, and 2 kushberry that will be grown in dirt this round rather than hydro.

20151105_150122.jpg

I've switched to running a live res for the first time. I've always run sterile res, but I am really liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm using hydroguard, pondzyme and a tap water conditioner. Seems to be working great! So I will be slowly changing over to live res for all plants but anything in a sterile res in flower will remain sterile until the next round.

Attachments

• 20151103_155528.jpg
    20151103_155528.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
What is the sideways hps one?
Looks fire as always of course but I cant tell what it is.

Sour p Og chem?

Alpha Phase

I've got 9 ghostrider v2 that were just put into veg. Very excited to run these. They were rooted in root plugs and are then transplanted into 1 gallon mesh pots with hydroton. The res is 500ppm, 1/2 maxigro and 1/2 maxibloom. Instead of running a sterile res, I'm running beneficial res with hydroguard, pond zyme and tap water conditioner. It's my first time running a live res. I hope nothing goes wrong.

20151108_134325.jpg

I'm also experimenting with adding chitosan to my recirculating flood tray. I hope it doesn't kill the batch of gg4, but so far so good. It changed the color of the water to a really scary looking shade of orange. Let's hope that's not a problem. I can't seem to find any info about recirculating chitosan, so someone's gotta experiment.

Latest posts

Latest posts