What's new

Alphas Cannabinerd Adventureland

Alpha Phase

Thanks man! I like to leave some leaf for visual pleasure lol, it tends to look good and it leaves the trichs in tact if ya don't get all the way in there with the scissors. This batch is already gone :( barely finished trimming before it hit the dispensary and I barely got any to keep :(

Alpha Phase

I've added couple more cuts to the gang.

Atomic northern lights (blueberry cut)
20150926_193127.jpg

Mendo breath
20150926_193051.jpg

I've also scored sunset sherbet s1, gsc, platinum gsc and grape ape, but they are at my buddies being treated for precautions and such, so I'll get them back in a few weeks.

I'll be getting ogkb soon. I'll also be retiring all but 2 cuts I have now, I'll keep the best 2 I have once I figure out what's what.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Thanks man! I like to leave some leaf for visual pleasure lol, it tends to look good and it leaves the trichs in tact if ya don't get all the way in there with the scissors. This batch is already gone :( barely finished trimming before it hit the dispensary and I barely got any to keep :(

Trust me bro, I know exactly what you mean. Stuff dont sit around here very long. The demand is way higher than the supply. Never a bad thing to "just be done" with a project tho.
So what have you learned from this past run. Each time we get a little better I think. Papapayne asked me this once and it kinda stuck with me.

Bout to roll up some kool aid for the wind down sesh.

Alpha Phase

For sure, it's a vicious cycle. I have a good amount of trim so I think I'll make some hash.

That's a great question to ask at the end of each grow, Payne is a good dude, hoping to meet him this winter. I've learned quite bit with this grow. It was my first true purple strain and was extremely easy to grow. A couple grows back when I had some advice to put a flood tray in the tent, I told myself it wouldn't work, but I still followed through. It's pretty hard to run a tray in a tent that is only 6.5' tall when the tray sits a couple feet off the ground. I got about the same yield both grows, 1/2 of what I usually yield in that tent when I grow on the floor. The light gets too close to the plants in the tray causing the middles to get too much light or something. It's not too hot, just too intense I think. It's weird. My hoods are air cooled and it never gets above 80 in the room /tent, air flow is good. It's just a weird phenomenon. So I'll be ditching the tent and doing all ebb buckets again from here on out.

The gdp liked about 1100 ppm (. 7 scale) . Throughout flower. It does not like too much nitrogen after the stretch is over and bud sets form. It doubles in size in flower. Pruning lightly seemed beneficial.

That's about all I learned this grow, the main thing being the tray doesn't work well in a short tent and affects yield dramatically , it was nice to run some trays again though.

I have 12 more gdp in veg right now along with 2 Atomic nl that are babies, but I'll be running those 14 in ebb buckets in a couple weeks, can't wait to give this gdp another run :)

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I am considering going back to hydro too.
Nice score on the ogkb, that is the cooks on my wish list since thin mint ain't out.
CNt wait to see what you do with her.

Alpha Phase

Right on, hydro just seems to veg so much quicker for me and it's just so much easier than other growing methods. I still keep a couple organic plants around, but no one has been able to tell the difference between the end products. I used to grow strictly organic for a long time. Was under that impression of the myth that is out there that organic is better/ taste better etc.. But nah, it's a myth so I think I might just do all hydro again to keep things easier. I will never understand the "organic tastes better" thing people still try to peddle, and this is coming from a grower who has way more organic growing experience than hydro lol.

That thin mint is an elusive beast, damn cookie fam problems. But the ogkb seems totally worth it, as well as the mendo breath, I can not wait to run both of those :)

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Even the other 600 club members couldnt tell the kool aid sample wasnt organic. I told them I used foxfarm and the response was "well you must have flushed the hell out of it".

I would have to imagine that there would be a noticeable difference, but not substantial enough.

Alpha Phase

Lolol, too funny bro. Flushing always makes me chuckle, all Flushing does is cause a nutrient lock causing even more nutrients to the buds, it's just impossible to rid elements from buds. Think of this, bananas = potassium, almonds = magnesium, milk = calcium. I don't understand how growers came up with the whole Flushing thing, science tells me they are crazy and not one person I've tried to have a simple conversation with and tried explaining this has changed their mind, though they could never give a factual bit of info from their view, cracks me up! I do agree that there are subtle changes depending on what nutes are used and what medium, I always say cut out nitrogen or cut down on nitrogen mid flower, and voila, the best taste you can possibly get in any medium :tiphat:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I think its just an exaggeration of reality.

I just stop feeding at a certain point. Imo when the buds are already swelling up they really dont need many more feedings. I let the plant tell me when tho so it really depends on how well that grow went.

With me everything is a case by case situation.

Never heard of the mendo breath... what up with that one?

Alpha Phase

Totally agree man. The mendo breath is ogkb x mendo Montage by gage green, supposedly a Hella frosty and heavy yield :)

My Spog Chem, pog18, kushberry and gg4 just hit day 28, they're trucking along nicely so far.

These gdp are 21 days into veg, slow af to veg them. I'm going to do 10 gdp and 2 Atomic nl in ebb buckets and flip them in about 10 days. I was going to veg them much longer but my 2 batches of gg4 rooted way ahead of schedule and I need some veg room for them. So I'm going to do a 24 count sog with the glue on a 4x4 tray in a few weeks give or take

rps20150927_201416.jpg

rps20150927_201401.jpg

rps20150927_201341.jpg

rps20150927_201327.jpg

rps20150927_201256.jpg

Alpha Phase

Kushberry at 30 days in. The smell is just so nice. It only had a little over a couple weeks veg, but damn does it stack. The purple OG had the same amount of veg, but she's really finicky for her first run. Low feeder, calmag whore.

Will be doing a sea of green on a 4x4 tray with the glue and running the gdp in ebb buckets I've decided. I'll run 12 gdp and 2 anl and flower them sooner than I planned.

IMG_20150929_204552.jpg

20150929_195921.jpg

20150929_195930.jpg

20150929_201524.jpg

Alpha Phase

what the dry weight you got from the kens gdp in the 4x4? what was that, 2 600s on the gdp tray?

It was my first run with this gdp and The yield wasn't very good. I got about a pound.. But there is room for WAY more potential. I was running a few different mediums in the tray and the plants that had 100% rw cubes only yielded 14grams. The plants with a 50/50 mix of hydroton and rockwool got about an ounce each. The plants in 100% hydroton yielded 44+ grams. Really big difference in yields per plant, so next time I'll do all hydroton and I think 1.5pounds is achievable. So when properly dialed in, this cut can give a decent yield, but even grown to perfection I wouldn't think it could yield much more than that.

It was my first run with this gdp and The yield wasn't very good. I got about a pound.. But there is room for WAY more potential. I was running a few different mediums in the tray and the plants that had 100% rw cubes only yielded 14grams. The plants with a 50/50 mix of hydroton and rockwool got about an ounce each. The plants in 100% hydroton yielded 44+ grams. Really big difference in yields per plant, so next time I'll do all hydroton and I think 1.5pounds is achievable. So when properly dialed in, this cut can give a decent yield, but even grown to perfection I wouldn't think it could yield much more than that.

its funny you say that i was thinking about doing my first ebb and flow system in 100% rock wool. you re-use hydroton right? thats crazy you saw that much of a difference just because of the medium. i also do know that you're supposed to drain more or less depending on the medium so maybe your f&d schedule just worked really well for the hydroton. but if you dont mind me asking, how many weeks did you wait from seed/clone till you flipped to flower? and also how many plants were in the 4x4 tray and how many watts were on the tray?

Alpha Phase

its funny you say that i was thinking about doing my first ebb and flow system in 100% rock wool. you re-use hydroton right? thats crazy you saw that much of a difference just because of the medium. i also do know that you're supposed to drain more or less depending on the medium so maybe your f&d schedule just worked really well for the hydroton. but if you dont mind me asking, how many weeks did you wait from seed/clone till you flipped to flower? and also how many plants were in the 4x4 tray and how many watts were on the tray?

Some people have great results with Rockwool, but I have not been one of them. I've tried it many many times, and always medicore results. It probably does have something to do with my flood schedules, but more floods per day means more feedings , more nutes and more oxygen. So, it could be my error that they turned out poor, but on the other hand, if it was my flood schedule that caused the issues with low yield, I do not ever want to use rw again. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Maybe it had something to do with me using smart pots, I'm not sure, but I always have issues with rw.

I vegged for 5 or 6 weeks I think from rooted clones. 16 clones in a 4x4 tray with a 1000w hps light. I've decided to discontinue growing this cut due to its slow veg and lower yields though I have one more batch I'll be growing in my ebb buckets. I'll be doing 14 plants vegged for 30 days under a 1000w this time. They are about the same size because I vegged them in hydroton so they grew a bit quicker for me, but they are only 11-12" tall on average. I shaved off about 2 weeks of veg using hydroton. :tiphat:

Alpha Phase

Finished the flower tray for the gg4. This is my old design I used about 8 or 10 years ago, whenever I started using flood trays. This one holds x24 6" mesh bottom pots. The trellis is adjustable. The foam board keeps light from entering so the plants will get a much better root structure than they would if the tray was not covered. Lots of people say it's ok to not cover the tray, and yeah, that's just OK. I've had 10x better results coveting the tray and I've only not covered the tray for 2 grows.. Well, I can see a huge difference. My covered trays will crush a non covered tray 11/10 times. So cover your trays! Not covering your tray is newb shit, though, I've heard it's fine from so many "not newbs" lol. More roots fools.

20151005_202917.jpg

Heres the glue at 35 days of flower.
20151005_195603.jpg 20151005_195734.jpg 20151005_195646.jpg