What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alpha and Beta CBD Outdoor mix led grow

jenery

56 days photoshot

56 days photoshot

Hello to all my fellow growers, today i took some pictures just before the lights came on and then some are only in the flowering spectrum of the led light. I decided to keep the lights in the red and uvb/infra mode only since today for the last 3/4 days. Beta seems more ready, the hair are at around 70% brown/orange/red, Alpha is like close to 50/50 still. Alpha is not swelling that much yet as well as the leafs are still greener. The trichomes seem milky but no amber or i did not look too well, will check again later tonight when the big fan is off and the buds are not moving much.
One thing is that in the beginning of flower i killed a lots of insects with the neem and garlic, mapacho spraying but the (presumed) aphids (flying black flies) came back quite strong in the last week and i did not want to use neem anymore. Well the conclusion to this rant is the sweet fruity lemony citrusy mango grape earthy smelly buds of Alpha and Beta are like a big attraction for these flying pests and the resin traps them so my buds are covered with their dead bodies, each bud has at least one insect skeleton, lol...
Anyway, here are the photos:

Beta in the dark

Alpha top in the dark

next post in the red...

Last edited:

jenery

Red spectrum photos

Red spectrum photos

Here some buds in red with flash as well

and here the girls together

So soon i am going to be making some cardboard box to use as a drying chamber. I am looking forward to the harvest, seems like i can take them down straight on day 60 after 30 hours of darkness.
Next cycle will start as soon as these girls go down because i will be drying in the grow room and i need to keep the temperature up and humidity down for the drying purposes so with the lights on for 20/4 schedule will hopefully do. And i clean the room well, lol...
Anyway, i am gonna start a new thread for that, will go for 4 plants in flower to utilize more the lights and space. I will start one CBD seed again because that is the only feminized from my collection and i would like to make a lots of medicinal seeds, crossed with the males of Vitality, Flo, Vanilluna, Blue Satellite 2.2 and Kumaoni. Will put the seeds to soak in 3 days and put the grow log in my signature. Bye for now and enjoy your weekends!

jenery

Harvest report!

Harvest report!

Hello everyone, yesterday night i cut Alpha and Beta down after 60 days of flowering. Last photos:

Beta plus Alpha

Alpha

Beta

I gave them a trim and put the bigger buds to hang to dry. The smaller buds went in a jar to undergo water cure, today i have already changed them the water the first time. The trimmed leaves and smallest buds went in a bag and will be used tomorrow for a canna butter.

Today i have inspected the roots and Alpha had the rootball much less developed than Beta, the yield from Alpha is really much less..

Will post smoke reports and more about the water and freezer cure in the future, now i am concentrating on the new run. Thanks for watching all, have a great time, bye for now!

J

Javadog

Congrats on the harvest!

I noticed that Alpha was less filled in, in the photos.

Any idea, beyond genetics I suppose, for why this might have happened.

Enjoy the nugs.

JD

jenery

Thanks Javadog, in my opinion it was the root aphids, Alpha was actually more vigorous in the veg stage, but then later just before transplanting she started to stagnate and never really recovered...

jenery

Drying shots

Drying shots

Hello all, for the request of my great friend Kolcitos, here are some snapshots and macros with the magnifying glass:

Beta hanging

bud shots

Thanks for watching everyone, have a great weekend.

J

Javadog

Frosty!

I hope that you enjoy (duh ;0) the fruits of your labor.

JD

jenery

Thank you Javadog, today i took the buds from the hangers and currently have three ways of curing employed, the water cure goes on since harvest and i am changing the water every day. Three big buds from each Alpha and Beta went in a shoebox and into a freezer, the rest of the branches are curing in the jars.
The effects of the CBD pot are really strange, i still have not made up my mind and need to experiment and experience more of the properly cured buds. First time i tried it alone after two days of abstinence from weed when i got back home from work. The taste was pretty sweet and fruity and the immediate effects were clear head and slight euphoria but these could be often associated to the return from work when i get a new energy and become more optimistic even if tired. Anyway the ''high'' then later changed to a warm buzz when going to bed to rest and my thoughts were calm and more concentrated (as in focused) than if i was normally stoned. More strange effects i am experiencing when mixed with normal weed, but will need more tries to establish what particularly this high CBD plants do to the stoner's experience. Few more photos and curing and smoking reports to come next time, carpe diem until then!

J

Javadog

Great stuff!

I have only

dried -> paper bags -> jars

so far. I have heard of these other methods and will likely experiment
further with the next harvest. (ending week 5...25 AK-47 budsicles!)

Take care,

JD

jenery

CBD Outdoor Mix Smoke Report

CBD Outdoor Mix Smoke Report

Greetings to all of you who were interested in this grow diary, it has been over 3 weeks from the harvest and today i decided to write how is to smoke these two CBD girls. First of all, here are few photos where you can compare the 3 methods i used to cure the nugs:

To the left 2 weeks in the freezer buds, in the middle water cured buds and to the right the jar cured ones.

Freezer buds

Water and jar

The water cured nugs got back their smell pretty soon when they stayed in the jars after the one week procedure, maybe i just little bit over dried them, the freezer buds are smelling nice now as well. They are the most sticky now, leaving my fingers full of resin. The nugs are pretty hard, smelling of fruity sweet soap/bubblegum, the taste is like that as well, stays in the mouth after smoking.

Now to the experience of CBD high. Well the last two weeks it has been the only model i have been smoking and after few first times I could not decide what exactly was going on. There was a kind of buzz in the head, but no distinctive feeling that I was high like normally with the high THC/almost no CBD plants. The first time I decided to test it I can remember not being too tired, my thoughts pretty clear, not obscured. The buzz is pretty mellow, but now that i am used to it i like this less racy kind of high. Another thing that made it more complicated to analyze what effects the smoke has on me is the difference between Alpha and Beta. Seems to me that Beta gets me stoned more, so it is good she yielded more, hehe. Medical properties of the cannabidiol in the body are pretty hard to judge, maybe after a longer time of using and medicating, but physically i cannot complain, seems to me i do not even have the need to sleep too much. I can say my dreams are easier to recall, that is a nice thing for sure.
So overall, 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD gives me mellow high, very easy experience, good to smoke from the morning, does not seem to wear you out and make you really stoned like high THC strains. Going to roll one now, thanks for following me growing this crop, now i am concentrating on my next grow, nice weekend to all of you

tiphat.gif