What's new

All Pot Smells The Same

Longhair

Hello,
My First Complete Grow: White Widow & The HOG. What I Don't Understand Is That They Both Smell The Same. They Were Hung, Bagged, & Jarred.
When Growing If I Would Break Off A Leaf You Could Smell Citrusy. Now In The Jars They Have A Very Faint Peppery Or Spicey Oder. In Jars 10 Days +/-
Anybody Have Any Idea What I Did Wrong So It Doesn't Happen On The Next Grow?

Thank You
Longhair

H

HappyDog

Good meds are like good wine. The flavors will come but only after time. HappyDog.

oregon_guy

:yeahthats:

What Happy said plus a good long flush will bring out the aroma's your are looking for. I normally flush for 2+ weeks using 6 gallons pure water for each 2 gallon pot (9 gallons per 3 gallon) each flush. I will flush with atleast 24 gallons of water over a 2 week period before chop.:deadxmas:

hilbie

not only does it all smell n look the same but the high is almost always the same as well, pot heads luv to think there on the holy grail of weed but in the end its just a weed, some of its utter garbage(ruderalis) most of its good and very very very small percentage of it is fantastic, u could grow most mexi bagseed really well and call it some seni seed strain or cup winner of yesteryear and nobody would now the differance-

not only does it all smell n look the same but the high is almost always the same as well, pot heads luv to think there on the holy grail of weed but in the end its just a weed, some of its utter garbage(ruderalis) most of its good and very very very small percentage of it is fantastic, u could grow most mexi bagseed really well and call it some seni seed strain or cup winner of yesteryear and nobody would now the differance-
bs. quality genetics is extremely important.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
not only does it all smell n look the same but the high is almost always the same as well

Boy are you doing something drastically wrong! I can tell my strains apart just by looking at the baggie. Some smells fruity, some skunky, some like rotted flesh (god I love water cures)

Try not smelling them around the same time or when it's still the same situation on your mind. A lot of the senses is imagination that is hard to understand how they work out. I understand what you are talking about but I tend to notice more of a difference with a full indica...for me, Sativa's have very little difference unless a real head blast.

Most of the time there isn't much difference in strains, mostly it's crap, it works, or it's just a bit of a twist....in the high that really isn't a huge one but interesting...can't remember the strain that had something unusual that actually showed up and made an impressive difference even while being stoned from other strains...which is rare, other than in some circles of friends.

I'd think WW and HOG are ways apart, it's just to early......it's gotta be your frustrating with an early toke, just like throwing your presents out and it's not even Christmas eve!

Standaman

Take no notice Hilbie is a bit angry against 'pot heads' as he calls them.

There are some great genes out there, high end and low end but it's also certain processes that can't be avoided like time and patience, with a bit of both i bet the weed will get better or you can just smoke rubbish buds

hilbie

im not taling about smell, u guys always go by smell which comes from sugars in the soil or coco or whatever else u grow them in, cut out organics from your nutes and the smells subside largely, im talking about the high, but anyone feeling confident in there perceptions then just name 4 distinct highs, non subjective, nothing to do with taste or smell, just the actuall high then ill listen , otherwise just shut da f k up because its all the same crap we luv and u know it-

or like i said, some crap, most good, and sometimes quite special, but mosty just good, its just weed-

Stay Frosty

im not taling about smell, u guys always go by smell which comes from sugars in the soil or coco or whatever else u grow them in, cut out organics from your nutes and the smells subside largely,

Oo
bush_confused.jpg

hilbie

Boy are you doing something drastically wrong! I can tell my strains apart just by looking at the baggie. Some smells fruity, some skunky, some like rotted flesh (god I love water cures)

i said high, not smell or appearance, boy are u reading something drastically differant then what i wrote! bravo for your water cure, and bravo to one mother with 500 hundred seeds on her produceing many offsprings that taste n smell differant and look differant but pretty much do the same dam thing, i agree that u.v light makes the high trippier and luv and attention as well as adding sugars(organics) for the smell n flavour to come out of the crop but the high most weed is so dam similar that nobody like i said could tell a mexi or brick weed plant grown properly to a strain bought from a seedbank in holland, ill be getting top dollar real soon for saying a few magic words like sourkush or hazeskunk or l.a confidential to my consumers and they ll be luving it dreaming there on something unique.

haha, ur a funny guy hillbilly. i see your point, i just think most of us disagree with u. it is actually almost impossible for any 2 strains to be the exact same, potency wise. there are so many factors involved, its impossible for 2 to have the same conditions throughout growth & harvest. much like a snowflake, no 2 are alike. the subtleties may be minute like u say, but still different. just the words indica or sativa completely negate your whole viewpoint. are u saying Haze makes u feel the same as Beasters?? like i said, i see what u mean. i just think what u mean is wrong.

I dont think hes is saying they are all the same.. Just the exceptional strains are far fewer than you think now.

makes me wonder how long will i be on this road, one strain then another ketting stronger. If breeding big dogs got ya bigger dogs wouldnt the Old english mastiff be the size of a house by now? There is only so much possibility.

The perfect strain may actually be more like a Seat perfectly formed to your ass.
instead of that bonified best of the best

hilbie

haha, ur a funny guy hillbilly. i see your point, i just think most of us disagree with u. it is actually almost impossible for any 2 strains to be the exact same, potency wise. there are so many factors involved, its impossible for 2 to have the same conditions throughout growth & harvest. much like a snowflake, no 2 are alike. the subtleties may be minute like u say, but still different. just the words indica or sativa completely negate your whole viewpoint. are u saying Haze makes u feel the same as Beasters?? like i said, i see what u mean. i just think what u mean is wrong.

u just said alot of nothing manmyassistan- is that really your best, indica n sativa? did i not give three catagories of grade? so two negates that yah? plus i asked if anyone could name 4 distanct variteis, so your two again is useless. the whole snowflake thing in all was very deep, maybe next reply u can compare weed to people,, thats a favourtie on the icm but please leave my auntie out of it shes a ginger and only drives chevys. You can always tell when people with tan asses that never got passionte about reading 18th n 19th centuray philopshy argue, they never bring anything beyond the surface of outdated metaphysics and sentiment-

C

cellardweller

u just said alot of nothing manmyassistan- is that really your best, indica n sativa? the whole snowflake thing in all was very deep, maybe next reply u can compare weed to people, thats a favourtie on the icm. You can always tell when people with tan asses that never got passionte about reading 18th n 19th centuray philopshy argue, they never bring anything beyond the surface of outdated metaphysics and sentiment-

blueipachee your opening line says it all, the rest of the weed in the world, about 95 percent of it is midgrade-

..what the hell do tan asses have to do with reading philosophy?

hilbie

cellerdwellar what does your fetish for transexual albino dwarfs with french pedicures have to do with growing good skunk either but i dont bust your balls-

hilbie you must not experience the same stuff as the rest of us, be it your location or just how your brain is. ive smoked many many strains and i remember when i smoked mids it wasnt anything to it. did it get you high or not was the only question that needed answering. now i get much better herbs, indoors outdoors indicas sativas all very different in high and flavor. ive smoked buds that give me so much energy i cant sleep like i just drank a cup of coffee. other kinds i get knocked out cold and am sleepy after a couple hits. some the roof of the high is low while others will make you drool. some make you shakey other make you like jello. some last for hours, some minutes.
theres so many ways a high can be defined, its easy to see how broad the differences can be.

mushroombrew

Veteran
OK all plants are not the same. But there are a lot of strains that have been bred from the same gene pool. So similarities exist.

I have 7 strains curing right now(2months). Here are the highs.

Super skunk - Face buzz, tingling lips. Motivating up high.
Anesthesia - Face buzz, body numb sleepy high.
White Widow/Hash Plant - Positive feelings, energy slight body buzz.
DSD - Heavy body stone. Trippy head to it.
BMR /Thai - Super euphoric, anti anxiety. Happy no matter what!
Hog/Skunk Widow- Holy shit try staying awake on this! Totally debilitating heroin like buzz.
Bubba Kush -Great head and body buzz. Everthing tastes great. Munchies!!

I usually test 20 or so strains a year. None affect me quite the same.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
i said high, not smell or appearance,

not only does it all smell n look the same

You can't have it both ways. We have no reason to think your perception of high is any better than your perception of sight or smell. Especially when you don't know what you think or what you wrote when it's printed for all to see.