What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All Michigan dispensaires are ILLEGAL and have to shut down.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Lets not take this politcal please as this was a COURT ruling. Not The Evil Republicans,per se.

All of the northern Mich dispensaries I have contact with are shuttin the doors today. Before the cops come and do a smash n grab of meds,money, and records.

wish you luck fellas. Thanks for takin one for the team...

G

gilgahash

Way to go Michigan, lay off even more people and further fuck up your economy...job well done

Ouzo180

Word on the street is that they are at least closing up until processing of the appeal to the state supreme court has begun, which will be in 21 days i believe.
Although our state supreme court is supposedly more conservative than I would like....

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Can My 5 who are also caregivers still pass meds to their patients??

as long as its a caregiver patient relationship it can flow freely...

theres talke of setting up ladders but then they would file a rico case against us im sure.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
yea the supreme court is even more repubs then the people that just overturned it.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
as long as its a caregiver patient relationship it can flow freely...

theres talke of setting up ladders but then they would file a rico case against us im sure.

Thank you! And yes rico would be a badness thing. I would never do that. But I am not sure about some of the caregivers that my patients patients patients cargiver for. Ther are some neferious peeps out there...I will have to hav talk...

Thanks Poopy

Friend

Veteran
Wow, it seemed like everything was going pretty smoothly up there... Good luck my brothers, keep a low profile

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On top of this happening today, there are many bills being pushed by the Senate and house to fuck up our world.

Senate:

SB 377- Goves police database access

SB 17- Outlaws Compassion Clubs

SB 504- Illegal to transfer around schools, etc.

SB 418- Can't sue cities

SB 505- Excludes all felons

SB 506- Bonafide Patient/Dr. relationship defined

SB 321- Insurance cannot cover Medical Marijuana

House:

HB 4661- Illegal to grow within 500ft of school, churches

HB 4852- Have to follow local ordinances

HB 4397- Outlaw compassion clubs

HB 4850- outlaw all but caregiver to specific patient transactions

HB 4851- Bonafide Patient/Dr. relationship & touches on locked and secured buildings

HB 4856- Open intox except with Marijuana

HB 4854- Makes it illegal to advertise as a caregiver

HB 4834- Photo on card

HB 4853- Makes it a felony to sell to someone without card

Outright attacks is all I can say, what a fucked up day...

Also, I HATE laws that say away from Churches, keep church and state seperate. I am an athiest, I want all churches to be at least 500 ft from my house!

They are trying to dismantle the whole system....

Rally at the Capitol on Wednesday, September 7th 12pm-3pm.

There will be a hospitality center and medication area at "The Loft" 414 E. Michigan Ave..

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Way to go Michigan, lay off even more people and further fuck up your economy...job well done

BINGO! I mean come on, how fucking stupid can the courts be? Michigan being one of the most hardest hit states by the economy. So these morons are going to close down thriving businesses that represent employment and revenue and just turn it over to the caregivers who would be much harder to tax. I mean okay maybe they don't like it that there is now Medical Marijuana but too freaking bad it's what the majority of voters wanted. So why not make the best of it, let the dispensaries operate and reap whatever legitimate tax revenue they can from such businesses? This ruling isn't getting rid of Medical Marijuana just making it much more complicated to access and in a way that provides the states with only whatever meager revenue they might get from Caregiver and Patient registration. It just makes absolutely no sense.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Everyone in michigan with a state MMJ card needs to be at the capital. Bring friends and family. IF you live far away you can contact me and ill put u in contact with the nearest macc facility that has buses.

If theres 50 people to bring we will send a bus there np. please contact me if you have problems getting to the capital and well work it out so you can get there.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I don't know if I'm alone, but this makes me want to be absolutely
baked everywhere I go. I don't go to dispensaries except as a novelty,
but dammit. I know a lot of patients that exclusively obtain their meds through shops.
I'm talking, at least thousands of dollars a week straight into the local economy at any given disp.

Well, hopefully those in charge of this decision are happy about the fact that that money is going to go back to the skeezy dickbags that nobody ever really wanted to have to deal with in the first place.

One guy I talked to last night (non-cardholder) said something to the effect of "Finally, the good old days of $400 oz and $50 8ths"

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
paladin, my late mom was Republican too. Not sure how the state legislature has anything to do with it.

When politicians campaign on jobs and balanced budgets, it's easy to see where their real motivations lie. These measures slash jobs and reduce revenues for the state. It's just another ideologically driven agenda like abortion or gay marriage. The old guard sez no.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Question for my fellow Mitten-ers..

I was out of town for the last rally in Lansing - was anyone there? How was the turnout? What was the vibe? Reaction? Do we feel like it had any impact?

(Don't start on me for saying "Well impact or not, our voices must be heard!" Just curious what the impact seemed to be/feel like, after the fact..)