What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All Michigan dispensaires are ILLEGAL and have to shut down.

^^^LOL! Well I can say that in my 20+ years as a native there, things tend to happen at *least* about 10 years after it happens most other places in the country. I tink dare finally on line up Nort dare eh?!
So wit my yooper mat skills, I can compute ithruxix's circa 1996 estimation and my own mat formyoola ta compyoot dat Michigan is acshally currently ahead of its time by... 5 years. Holy Wah!

hang in there MI! <3

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
paladin, my late mom was Republican too. Not sure how the state legislature has anything to do with it.

When politicians campaign on jobs and balanced budgets, it's easy to see where their real motivations lie. These measures slash jobs and reduce revenues for the state. It's just another ideologically driven agenda like abortion or gay marriage. The old guard sez no.

Basically this is how the opposition subverts the public will. They don't want Medical Marijuana but they can't just outright get rid of it because a majority of the people voted for it. So instead they do everything they can to make it not work so well and then later they point to all the problems having it causes.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This was a referendum, which means that any amendments need the vote of 75% of the State Congress, .. Err, as is my peabrain understanding of the deal..

(Which is not to say that subsequent court decisions won't have an impact..)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
This was a referendum, which means that any amendments need the vote of 75% of the State Congress, .. Err, as is my peabrain understanding of the deal..

(Which is not to say that subsequent court decisions won't have an impact..)
This is my understandin also Brudda. They need two thirds to pass anything.. Our only hope IMHO

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This is my understandin also Brudda. They need two thirds to pass anything.. Our only hope IMHO

No no no! Three quarters! Wish I understood the law better - part of me wonders, Okay, so why can't they just come up with a NEW (entirely separate from this one) law that adds whatever regulations they want?

(Although then I suppose the courts would be a clusterf*ck, since you'd have an actual legal basis to argue either case - legal or illegal..)

Who knows. I went and met with an attorney a couple weeks ago, just to have him educate me (beyond what I can read and deduce myself), .. I started the conversation by saying, "Look, there's no case, all good in the hood, .. But just because I have this piece of plastic that SAYS I can possess & grow, .. I don't FEEL like it's all hunky dory.."

His response (in a nutshell): "The law is quite clear. As long as you're within your numbers in terms of weight & plants, and you're following the rest of the law (no use in public, plants under lock & key, etc), .. Then you're good. It's as simple as that."

:dunno:

I still have a feeling that the prosecution could challenge the actual medical necessity, .. Maybe not? (WTF - isn't that why the state grants licenses to physicians, because they trust their medical opinion & judgement?) Hell, .. Can the court challenge medical necessity? I suppose they could always subpoena your medical records, ..

(Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I didn't get an answer to that question from the attorneyman)

RaNgEr RiCk

STUPID COCK SUCKING MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE SON OF A BITCH BASTARDS!!! And I was really starting to like Michigan after 30 years of living here. FUCK!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Michigan, you ALL need to be Downtown Lansing on September 7th. You can't sit this one out, everyone....ask your friends to go, ask everyone you know that is affected by this bullshit.

RespectGreen

Veteran
im a little to be in a public place now at this point. plastics only plastic to a dea asshole. just glad i only went to two dispensaries only once each time. one of them was one of the ones raided today though which still noids me.

ithruxix

honestly, time for you guys to go back underground until you can get some good politicians in your corner. Someone who will fight for your rights, not prostitute them.

ithruxix

^^^LOL! Well I can say that in my 20+ years as a native there, things tend to happen at *least* about 10 years after it happens most other places in the country. I tink dare finally on line up Nort dare eh?!
So wit my yooper mat skills, I can compute ithruxix's circa 1996 estimation and my own mat formyoola ta compyoot dat Michigan is acshally currently ahead of its time by... 5 years. Holy Wah!

hang in there MI! <3

Having a hard time here, but that would only apply if MI enacted their bill 10 years after ours. So, in reality, they are five years late.

MIway

Veteran
Okay, so why can't they just come up with a NEW (entirely separate from this one) law that adds whatever regulations they want?

That's what they did in CO... the Amendment is what gave medical patients protected rights, but nothing regarding sales or dispensaries.

1284 was an entirely different market carved out by law, outlining dispensaries & a brand new regulatory body... plus taxation. Basically said, no sales, except those sanctioned through State approved facilities... and no caregiver/patient sales to the dispensary... had to grow it all on their own. They basically side stepped the rights of the Amendments.

Threw in a nightmare application packet that waived self incrimination rights & gave consent to research everything about the person... plus a whole bunch of other shit.

I figured this would happen here too, just that it would be a good year or two off.

I still have a feeling that the prosecution could challenge the actual medical necessity, .. Maybe not? (WTF - isn't that why the state grants licenses to physicians, because they trust their medical opinion & judgement?) Hell, .. Can the court challenge medical necessity? I suppose they could always subpoena your medical records, ..

This is interesting as 'medically necessary' should go to the doctor's recommendation, not the State to determine, though it doesn't appear anyone here in MI has tried this approach. It was this logic (that a medical professional should determine what is medically necessary for a patient) that allowed higher plant recommendations in CO... you can still find dr's giving out 99 plant recommendations, for a single patient... or maybe it's just the one dr...?

This would be perfectly consistent with MI's law though.

1TokeRedeux

It ain't perfect, but it's the only state we got. They leave me and other small caregivers alone, knock on wood. We're happy to grow our few plants to help out. Seems the greedy are the loudest ones, the money schemes are running scared, oh well. Those of us with bonafide patient/doctor relationships and documented chronic need aren't too worried, but it's a dam shame over a plant. Problem seems to be they want to single out med mj for special legal conditions, they need to be consistent across the board and compare with other substances currently being ignored IMHO.

Why not test for pain killers, mood drugs, etc. Why single out medical mj patients for prosecution and ignore the serious drug violators that are killing us on the roads.

End of rant, sorry. (Oh, and BTW, some "dispensaries" are still open and abiding by local ordinances) Don't let fear drive you.

1T

Herd they shut down pontiac

Herd they shut down pontiac

P0003149.JPG