What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All about reamending

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
so what i need to know is if blood meal was my original n source,
its i think 10 or 12% and alfalfa meal is like 2-3% do i use 4 times as much as i would blood meal if i were making a new soil ? or ~ 2x-3x if reammending my existing mixes ?
or, should i use soybean meal which is higher in the N at ~7%?

if you can apply it judiciously & it works for you, so much the better. remember that excess N can cause explosive growth which ultimately results in weak plants that cannot support themselves

And possibly hollow stems. Or so I've read that theory in another thread. I can see that being very possible. It makes sense.

so what i need to know is if blood meal was my original n source,
its i think 10 or 12% and alfalfa meal is like 2-3% do i use 4 times as much as i would blood meal if i were making a new soil ? or ~ 2x-3x if reammending my existing mixes ?
or, should i use soybean meal which is higher in the N at ~7%?

Really good question. I'd like to here what others think. My first thought is that it would depend on your microbe population.

I personally tea the shit out of everything. I want to know there's a good population vs assuming

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ill pick some up - gonna need it with this advanced fading , but i got maybe 3-4 weeks left
i suppose its ok, at this point, ive topdressed with ewc, ive added what i thought were mild doses of n and pk guanos on top of the soil , used teas in 80% of my watering, used sst's twice and im begining to suspect my lights are just too low, my tops are 8-12" away and its clearly a problem, my scrog is really green further away from the lights it gets, the buds seem a bit fuller too. its like the buds stalled out the closer to the light they get.
I m using 3 600w hps in a 24sqft room which is 75w/sf
Im going to go vertical the next round using 2 of the 600 on the lightmover idea of marlos
and ill get a bit more agressive with the reamendments.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
heres how bad this fading is getting
IM trying the neptunes bottle feeding for the last few weeks
i hope this will get me over the hump

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you may be overly fixated on that fade. your best bet would be to get a test & see what happened

we need to eliminate that "organics for beginners" thread. the information is dated & "stoner science." it's pointless to re-amend those mixes as they are too hot to begin w/ & use of dolo lime or solubles or shitty amendments like feather or bovine bone meal become problematic in a single cycle ~let alone over the long haul w/ a recycle mix

Completely disagree. 1.67 GPW disagree.

expealadocious

Boyd, are your roots getting a little cold at night? maybe a factor...I've seen this in winter and been like... hey.. its only these 3 by the drafty window haha...
Make sure to always always use warm water in winter if this is your case and keep on the dry side if night chilled. Too cold and uptake is impossible... wet and cold at all...sad roots.. some of those yellow/white fades are probably on their way out recovery wise of course...they'll probably crunch right up within a week..
Ive done this with cool water is why I ask... eek haha

Good luck man!

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
blood meal is probably the worst as far as soluble amendments. too quick to release it's N & gone almost immediately. the living soil guys have been preaching "no blood meal ever" for years.

amending for N is asking for trouble anyway ~NPK paradigm. instead, feed the soil & it will take care of the plant

we need to eliminate that "organics for beginners" thread. the information is dated & "stoner science." it's pointless to re-amend those mixes as they are too hot to begin w/ & use of dolo lime or solubles or shitty amendments like feather or bovine bone meal become problematic in a single cycle ~let alone over the long haul w/ a recycle mix

Forgive me for being obtuse but wouldn't providing a clearing stated alternative that fits true living organic standards in your considerable estimation be in order here?

As a stone cold beginner I find wanting to eliminate a resource that provides a successful [if not sub standard in the views of a master grower] path to Intro to Organics Made Simple without a introducing the alternative seems counterintuitive imho.

Respectfully,
An Organics For Beginners Refugee

PS: [Addendum]
Just found the answer :phew: Written on the cover of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy no less. [lights are on]
[Sometimes you can't see the answer for the trees.]

An Organics For Beginners Refugee No More
"When the facts change, I change my mind..."

Last edited: