What's new

Aliens?

ibjamming

Veteran
In all likelihood, by the time any of our probes are found we'll either be long dead or we'll have advanced enough to the point we could defend ourselves.

And even without the probes, we've been inadvertently broadcasting our existence ever since our radio technology got powerful enough (~70 years). One would only need to follow these signals to the source (Earth).

Quite possible... Yup, those TV/radio signals going the speed of light...pointing the way like a beacon! I wonder how far away they can be picked up. Voyager is zooming along and could go much farther than a detectable signal.

but then again...some radio stations are over a million watts...they'll go quite a distance!

You know given the point an alien race would have to evolve to in order to go out and make contact with other races and the commitment it would likely take due to vastness of space, it seems highly unlikely they would come here to try to take over the planet. Or to just experiment with us like lab speciemens.

The logical thing would be to just avoid us given our nature.

You REALLY think so? We're trying to explore space. What do you think WE would do if we found something? what if it was "useful"? Do you think we/they would capitalize on it? "Domesticate" it?

We went through a LOT of trouble getting to the new world...how exactly did we treat the new found natives? I'd bet "alien visitors" would act the same. It's FEAR that makes your mind imagine "benevolent" aliens because the other would be unimaginably horrible.

Would they consider us anything special? Or, with as much dignity as we give to mold or bacteria? Or even out livestock.

Anyone with the ability to visit us regularly...is SO far beyond us that we wouldn't be a threat at all. Lke I said before...like the Europeans coming to the new world. Like US soldiers finding aboriginal people during WWII. Like you and I going up against a new born infant.

I'm a glass half empty guy in regards to aliens finding earth. I don't think it will end well for us.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Quite possible... Yup, those TV/radio signals going the speed of light...pointing the way like a beacon! I wonder how far away they can be picked up. Voyager is zooming along and could go much farther than a detectable signal.

but then again...some radio stations are over a million watts...they'll go quite a distance!

You REALLY think so? We're trying to explore space. What do you think WE would do if we found something? what if it was "useful"? Do you think we/they would capitalize on it? "Domesticate" it?

We went through a LOT of trouble getting to the new world...how exactly did we treat the new found natives? I'd bet "alien visitors" would act the same. It's FEAR that makes your mind imagine "benevolent" aliens because the other would be unimaginably horrible.

Would they consider us anything special? Or, with as much dignity as we give to mold or bacteria? Or even out livestock.

Anyone with the ability to visit us regularly...is SO far beyond us that we wouldn't be a threat at all. Lke I said before...like the Europeans coming to the new world. Like US soldiers finding aboriginal people during WWII. Like you and I going up against a new born infant.

I'm a glass half empty guy in regards to aliens finding earth. I don't think it will end well for us.

Fear has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not scared of benevolent or diabolical aliens because personally I don't believe they exist, not in the way we imagine them anyway.

The point I'm making is that just because man has screwed over man as he expanded over the planet does not mean that aliens would do the same thing.

Not all life is motivated by the same things as man. For all we know an alien race could be free of things like, greed, lust, envy, etc. and have too much respect for every living thing's rights to come here and try to conquer or destroy us.

You just want to convince yourself they would be this way because then you don't need to feel so guilty about mankind's history you can just convince yourself anyone in the same situation would do the same thing, even aliens from outer space.

Plus your analogy is flawed, we didn't do all that badly by the Indians at first. At first we needed them and so we were friendly towards them. We really didn't start screwing them over until much later when we had a firm hold in their land. So if Aliens were going to be like Pilgrims then the first thing they would do is be friendly and wait until more of them show up before they tried to pull a fast one.

ibjamming

Veteran
Fear has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not scared of benevolent or diabolical aliens because personally I don't believe they exist, not in the way we imagine them anyway.

The point I'm making is that just because man has screwed over man as he expanded over the planet does not mean that aliens would do the same thing.

Not all life is motivated by the same things as man. For all we know an alien race could be free of things like, greed, lust, envy, etc. and have too much respect for every living thing's rights to come here and try to conquer or destroy us.

You just want to convince yourself they would be this way because then you don't need to feel so guilty about mankind's history you can just convince yourself anyone in the same situation would do the same thing, even aliens from outer space.

Plus your analogy is flawed, we didn't do all that badly by the Indians at first. At first we needed them and so we were friendly towards them. We really didn't start screwing them over until much later when we had a firm hold in their land. So if Aliens were going to be like Pilgrims then the first thing they would do is be friendly and wait until more of them show up before they tried to pull a fast one.

What would make you say that? Womanly emotions? There is NOTHING in the real world that would possibly make any rational thinker believe that any other but malevolent behavior should be expected. ALL life we are familiar with...just wants to grow and expand. Whatever gets in the way is either taken over, consumed, or avoided. Life eats other life...it's called the food chain. Don't you think alien life has a food chain?

I'm not saying they're coming to eat us...of take our resources...or just to fuck with the new guy. I'm saying..."we" would never be the same after contact. Religion (especially if they look pretty different) goes...how CAN you explain that away in The big 3? God made them too?

Even IF they're trying to be "friendly" it would be like when we go to "lesser" cultures and it's lost. They'd overwhelm us like we have others who have tried to retain their culture and past...it's just too overwhelming.

But...I hope you're right...though I don't even CONSIDER it happening in my life time. The technology would have to be incredible.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well according to Area 51 they are already using Alien technology Just ask Bill Lear of Lear jets .. peace out Headband707

sac beh

What would make you say that? Womanly emotions?

What is your obsession with using women and feminine attributes as an insult? Even if your stereotypes of masculine vs feminine attributes were correct, its an illogical basis for insulting or discrediting someone's view, since females make up half of us and have a wide range of views. Its unfortunate that you can't make a single post without denigrating one group of people or another.

E

el dub

THis bacteria isn't so strange. It has adapted to substitute arsenic for phosphorus which are neighbors on the periodical chart.

lw

ibjamming

Veteran
It's NOT an insult...it's the way you see the world. I see it as a man...full of violence, greed, claw your way up. You see it as warm and cuddly lets all hug. We're DIFFERENT deep down inside. "Society" say's the mans view is WRONG...not good. And the feminine side is the RIGHT way. We need both sides, not just one. A balance.

Men have made this world what it is. Women keep us from all killing each other with our cut throat competition. Your fighting nature.

We are our hormones...male and female. You can't imagine how ANYONE could be as cold and cruel as I am towards other humans...right? Well...it's because I'm a man. You CAN'T understand what goes on in my head...well it's logical so you CAN if you work at it. The one that CAN'T be understood is the female thinking. It's more emotionally based. Come on...you know this stuff. You just don't accept it? Maybe like I don't accept YOUR view sometimes? I can't imagine having a baby or a kid constantly harassing and needing me...and LOVING it! You love babies and puppies I like hard metal and fire. you nurture and build relationships...I build things and protect.

Seriously...forgetting HOW I said it...remember, I'm a man, fuck feelings...what do you REALLY think a visiting life form would do using your past experiences with life forms you KNOW. The life forms I know...eat each other. Enslave each other (ant do it too). In short...COMPETE with the other life forms for their spot in the sun.

I state facts and ideas...what you take away from them are what you take away. No disrespect meant to anyone...just blunt, barbaric, Neanderthalic, brutishness...I never attended finishing school and really...don't care to. If I bother you so much...you CAN put me on ignore...though I assure you, you'll miss out. Don't take so much so personally! Grow some armor! You must cry a lot...

we good?

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
What would make you say that? Womanly emotions? There is NOTHING in the real world that would possibly make any rational thinker believe that any other but malevolent behavior should be expected. ALL life we are familiar with...just wants to grow and expand. Whatever gets in the way is either taken over, consumed, or avoided. Life eats other life...it's called the food chain. Don't you think alien life has a food chain?

I'm not saying they're coming to eat us...of take our resources...or just to fuck with the new guy. I'm saying..."we" would never be the same after contact. Religion (especially if they look pretty different) goes...how CAN you explain that away in The big 3? God made them too?

Even IF they're trying to be "friendly" it would be like when we go to "lesser" cultures and it's lost. They'd overwhelm us like we have others who have tried to retain their culture and past...it's just too overwhelming.

But...I hope you're right...though I don't even CONSIDER it happening in my life time. The technology would have to be incredible.

Well first of all you're talking about something that may or may not exist. Given that little fact there is no possible way to know how they would behave and to assume they would follow the same patterns of behavior as life on earth has no basis in logic. It's pure speculation influence by your human experience.

Now as far as us never being the same again if an alien race did make contact, I agree. Even if they were totally benevolent and peaceful just knowing there is other life out there in the universe would totally change our perspective on things. Right now we as a people believe extra-terrestrial life is possible but believing it and knowing it are two totally different things.

As for my emotions I'm all male been that way since birth. That's the problem though you're arguing from emotion and I'm speaking from logic. You made the point that mankind has a history of fucking over the natives when it discovers new lands even though the natives are just as human as anyone else on the planet. My point was that just because mankind does something does not mean an alien race from somewhere else in the universe would be the same. You clearly recognize that if aliens were ever to come here their technology would be way more advanced. If so then likely their culture, their morality, their spirituality, their intelligence would also be way more advanced and they would likely have more respect for life then we do. You just got hung up on the word man because you don't want to accept that I'm right on that point so you desperately seek any way try to refute what I'm saying.

Here tell you what, since you're having so much difficulty getting it let me restate it a couple of different ways.

The point I'm making is that just because human has screwed over humanman as they expanded over the planet does not mean that aliens would do the same thing as they expand out into the universe.

The point I'm making is that just because men and women have screwed over men and women as they expanded over the planet does not mean that aliens would do the same thing as they expand out into the universe.

It's not about being all cuddly and soft or any stupid crap like that, it's about thinking logically based on what would be involved if aliens were to come here rather then reacting irrationally just like all those idiots that killed themselves when they first heard George Orwells War of The Worlds broadcast.

seeyouaunty

The only reason us humans war and fight is because we have limited resources that we squabble over. The universe as we know it has virtually unlimited resources, so the idea that aliens would fight us for our resources doesn't make much sense to me.

ibjamming

Veteran
The only reason us humans war and fight is because we have limited resources that we squabble over. The universe as we know it has virtually unlimited resources, so the idea that aliens would fight us for our resources doesn't make much sense to me.

Really? Actually we fight over just about anything...ANY excuse. Why? Because males are violent, fighting is in the blood. And unless you're full of testosterone...you can't understand...like I can't understand the ideas/emotions.thoughts/actions of someone filled with estrogen. We ARE our hormones, they drive our thoughts and our actions. The sexes have been unable to understand each other forever...there's a chemical reason why. Yet once again...we will NOT admit the differences.

Hempkat...sorry, you "sound" like a woman when you talk. Very passive, very tolerant. That's a mostly female trait. It's a survival thing actually. when you're a frail woman surrounded by much larger, stronger, looking for a fight men...you learn to use YOUR talents...sexuality, better understanding of emotions, better control over language...etc. Men fight with their fists and stones, women fight with their tongues! We force people to do our bidding physically...you embarrass and shame us into doing yours. It all works out in the end. Unless you try to artificially change the natural order. Then you end up with a fucked up society like ours.

My theory of the downfall of America is when we opened everything up to everyone, forgetting natural ability. Everyone else puts the BEST person in the job...while we look for the next in line no matter the ability...as long as they fit the right demographic to fill the quota. We're destroying ourselves because we try to make everything "fair". Give EVERYONE a chance. Give EVERYONE a trophy. There ARE winners and there ARE losers. Everyone can't be a winner...but that's what we try to do...because we've been feminized.

You have your opinion, I have mine. But like I said, if alien life resembles terrestrial life here on earth...it won't be pretty. We're all pretty much dog eat dog... I think you're a dreamer.

We're STILL involved in wars...people are STILL killing and enslaving each other. Are we not "advanced" yet? Are you waiting for that magic day when we all decide..."what the fuck have we been doing COMPETING all this time...let's all be friends and share equally". It ain't coming.

No need to reply, until the day actually comes, it's all conjecture, nobody knows for sure what will happen. I've heard your opinion, you've heard mine. No need to keep going on and on all the while just guessing.

Have a great day...while you can...until the aliens come and eat us or use us as hosts for their young!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
ibjammin your analogies are slightly insulting as I think I know some chicks that would probably have you for breakfast lol.. The me Tarzan you Jane is old and played out. Sure there are a few that think this is the way it goes but lets face it there are far too many varibles for this whole scene to work. Shit, I know plenty of women that have never acted like a women and men who don't act like men lol..So I guess in a Beaver Clever world this whole thing might fly but not anymore THANK GOD!! lol..peace out Headband707

ibjamming

Veteran
ibjammin your analogies are slightly insulting as I think I know some chicks that would probably have you for breakfast lol.. The me Tarzan you Jane is old and played out. Sure there are a few that think this is the way it goes but lets face it there are far too many varibles for this whole scene to work. Shit, I know plenty of women that have never acted like a women and men who don't act like men lol..So I guess in a Beaver Clever world this whole thing might fly but not anymore THANK GOD!! lol..peace out Headband707

Maybe a few Russian "woman" weight lifters or wrestlers...

You may be right...maybe I am being "old fashioned"...but I'll tell you...things were GREAT when I was a kid. We ran around, did, went, wherever we wanted to. We'd leave the house at 7, go around the neighborhood collecting the other kids, and we'd DO something. Go exploring, get into mischief, play some baseball or football. We'd ride our bikes all over. I'm from Jersey, just outside the city. We'd ride our bicycles...mind you, we're like 10 years old...out onto the George Washington bridge or into Jersey City. You didn't have to worry about anything. Mom was home, TEACHING her children, taking care of dad, making meals. It's how it's SUPPOSED to be. Single parents...a single mom...is the WORST situation...especially for a boy. Even for a girl. We HAVE roles...we really do. When we as a society, go against natures rules...we ALL get fucked.

Seriously...do you REALLY think things are better now than they were before? you may have cooler toys...but outside of that? Things now SUCK! Too many fucking people trying to get everything their way. Society can't function like that. A million "individually" doesn't cut it in ordered society. You either get the gestapo and Nazi's watching and reporting EVERYTHING you do that's "wrong"...where we're headed. Or, you get anarchy. What you get in the inner cities.

I think the great liberal experiment was a failure. More poor and disadvantaged people than ever before. More fucked up kids being raised by fucked up single parents is NOT the answer! I'm NOT religious, but I think their "family" theme is a great one. We need REAL families again...not mom and dad working and the raising of the kids pawned off to Margarita, who barely speaks English.

No...I disagree...I'm not "old fashioned"...I'm "aware of how it should be". Men having THEIR place, duties, responsibilities, and privileges...women of course having their own place, duties, responsibilities, and privileges.

SmilinBob

I think survival of the fittest expands beyond our planet. Of course I only have my human experiences to base of off.. but I don't think the aliens would fight us.

They would come check us out, see how fucked up we are, decide it is just better to let us destroy ourselves, and then come back for our planet after we nuke each other.

I think Ibjamming is, well was, kind of referring to all species on earth, not just us. Everything competes. You either survive, and become stronger or you die. Empathy(horrible evolutionary trait) has been and will continue to kill us. Everyone can't be a winner. Well, they can in today's society.. but that's fucked up so that doesn't count.

When everyone wins, and is allowed to survive we end up with dumb ass people running our country into the ground. I'm not saying kill everyone.. Don't get me wrong. I just think nature is the course that needs to be taken, and not the way we see fit. All these programs and this and that to help keep 'losers' even with 'winners' is complete crap. We keep weaklings and breed with them!!! What other species does this? We don't even do this with other species when WE breed them. Why are we so special?

HempKat

Veteran
Really? Actually we fight over just about anything...ANY excuse. Why? Because males are violent, fighting is in the blood. And unless you're full of testosterone...you can't understand...like I can't understand the ideas/emotions.thoughts/actions of someone filled with estrogen. We ARE our hormones, they drive our thoughts and our actions. The sexes have been unable to understand each other forever...there's a chemical reason why. Yet once again...we will NOT admit the differences.

Hempkat...sorry, you "sound" like a woman when you talk. Very passive, very tolerant. That's a mostly female trait. It's a survival thing actually. when you're a frail woman surrounded by much larger, stronger, looking for a fight men...you learn to use YOUR talents...sexuality, better understanding of emotions, better control over language...etc. Men fight with their fists and stones, women fight with their tongues! We force people to do our bidding physically...you embarrass and shame us into doing yours. It all works out in the end. Unless you try to artificially change the natural order. Then you end up with a fucked up society like ours.

My theory of the downfall of America is when we opened everything up to everyone, forgetting natural ability. Everyone else puts the BEST person in the job...while we look for the next in line no matter the ability...as long as they fit the right demographic to fill the quota. We're destroying ourselves because we try to make everything "fair". Give EVERYONE a chance. Give EVERYONE a trophy. There ARE winners and there ARE losers. Everyone can't be a winner...but that's what we try to do...because we've been feminized.

You have your opinion, I have mine. But like I said, if alien life resembles terrestrial life here on earth...it won't be pretty. We're all pretty much dog eat dog... I think you're a dreamer.

We're STILL involved in wars...people are STILL killing and enslaving each other. Are we not "advanced" yet? Are you waiting for that magic day when we all decide..."what the fuck have we been doing COMPETING all this time...let's all be friends and share equally". It ain't coming.

No need to reply, until the day actually comes, it's all conjecture, nobody knows for sure what will happen. I've heard your opinion, you've heard mine. No need to keep going on and on all the while just guessing.

Have a great day...while you can...until the aliens come and eat us or use us as hosts for their young!

Actually there is a need to reply because you mischaracterize where I'm coming from.

You mistake rationality for passiveness. Getting pissed off and behaving aggressively on an internet forum gets you no where other then to a doctor to be treated for high blood pressure. Maybe you enjoy engaging in futile behavior that ultimately alienates you from people but I do not. If people tried some of the shit they try here, on me in person. They would not call my response passive or tolerent. I'm also a big burly guy that could pass for a former professional defensive lineman and my testosterone levels run higher then most average men.

As for the question of are we advanced? If the wars and enslavement still going on isn't enough to answer that question then nothing I tell you is going to get thru. As you yourself have concluded an alien race able to conquer the hurdles of intergalactic space travel would be incredible advanced compared to us. My point is that advancement would likely not be limited to just technology.

Of course before putting too much thought or energy into this it would be nice to wait until we even know if aliens from outer space exist. Rather then running around screaming, "The Martian's are coming to suck our brains out".

HempKat

Veteran
I think survival of the fittest expands beyond our planet. Of course I only have my human experiences to base of off.. but I don't think the aliens would fight us.

They would come check us out, see how fucked up we are, decide it is just better to let us destroy ourselves, and then come back for our planet after we nuke each other.

I think Ibjamming is, well was, kind of referring to all species on earth, not just us. Everything competes. You either survive, and become stronger or you die. Empathy(horrible evolutionary trait) has been and will continue to kill us. Everyone can't be a winner. Well, they can in today's society.. but that's fucked up so that doesn't count.

When everyone wins, and is allowed to survive we end up with dumb ass people running our country into the ground. I'm not saying kill everyone.. Don't get me wrong. I just think nature is the course that needs to be taken, and not the way we see fit. All these programs and this and that to help keep 'losers' even with 'winners' is complete crap. We keep weaklings and breed with them!!! What other species does this? We don't even do this with other species when WE breed them. Why are we so special?

I agree with the point about telling losers they are winners. If you tell someone who performs horribly, "Hey great job" what incentive do they have to do better?

I disagree though that empathy is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with understanding or relating to what another person is going thru. Empathy gives us the motivation to reach out and help people to be better. Empathy does not instruct you to mislead someone into thing they are better then they are. At best it tells you that screaming and ranting at them like a lunatic about their mistakes only makes them feel worse.

We are so special because in our case weakness and strength are not just limited to physical abilities. Most of the world's greatest minds would pass for what are known as wimps. Think of the potential losses to the advancement of humanity if we embrace survival of the fittest and killed off those that are physically weaker.

ibjamming

Veteran

It's up to THEM to decide "what they're going to do to us"...we have no choice in the matter.

It's ALL we have to look into the future...and to guess, what another life form would do when it arrived. What would "we" do when we arrived at another planet and found life? We'd snatch some, experiment on it...pretty much do what we want with it...just like we always have. What would make someone believe that they'd be any DIFFERENT acting than the life we already know?

yup...we're throwing out survival of the FITTEST and replacing it with "the poor and ignorant with inherit the earth"...because THEY are the ones having all the kids. The poorer and less educated you are...the more kids you have. We're breeding ourselves into an Idiocracy.

Actually there is a need to reply because you mischaracterize where I'm coming from.

You mistake rationality for passiveness. Getting pissed off and behaving aggressively on an internet forum gets you no where other then to a doctor to be treated for high blood pressure. Maybe you enjoy engaging in futile behavior that ultimately alienates you from people but I do not. If people tried some of the shit they try here, on me in person. They would not call my response passive or tolerent. I'm also a big burly guy that could pass for a former professional defensive lineman and my testosterone levels run higher then most average men.

As for the question of are we advanced? If the wars and enslavement still going on isn't enough to answer that question then nothing I tell you is going to get thru. As you yourself have concluded an alien race able to conquer the hurdles of intergalactic space travel would be incredible advanced compared to us. My point is that advancement would likely not be limited to just technology.

Of course before putting too much thought or energy into this it would be nice to wait until we even know if aliens from outer space exist. Rather then running around screaming, "The Martian's are coming to suck our brains out".

But it's NOT rational to assume that an alien lifeform would behave any differently than all the life we ARE familiar with. ALL life I'm aware of will kill or eat you in an instant if given the chance. Why do you give aliens such "empathy" for weaker species? none of our lifeforms do. that's insanity in my opinion (don't get all bent out of shape, it's a general observation not directed JUST to you) seeing EVERY example in front of you doing one thing...whatever it takes to survive vs live and let live. It's ONLY our artificial society that allows us to be so "nice" to each other. In nature NOBODY is "nice". OK...maybe a very few species with some arrangement...symbiotic.

I agree with the point about telling losers they are winners. If you tell someone who performs horribly, "Hey great job" what incentive do they have to do better?

I disagree though that empathy is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with understanding or relating to what another person is going thru. Empathy gives us the motivation to reach out and help people to be better. Empathy does not instruct you to mislead someone into thing they are better then they are. At best it tells you that screaming and ranting at them like a lunatic about their mistakes only makes them feel worse.

We are so special because in our case weakness and strength are not just limited to physical abilities. Most of the world's greatest minds would pass for what are known as wimps. Think of the potential losses to the advancement of humanity if we embrace survival of the fittest and killed off those that are physically weaker.

Empathy is for girls/women. That's the part you don't get...because your balls have been taken from you by society. Males are selfish, violent, and want to be the "king". women and girls are empathetic. It's the way it is...unless mommy took your balls away as a child. Passivity IS NOT a male trait! Girls sit back and let things happen to them...men go out and MAKE things happen. Empathy gives us a planet filled with worthless losers...helpless crybabies. Kind of like a lot of women I know. always complaining, always bitching about things...but not willing to "make waves" or actually DOING anything. My wife was like that...nothing is good enough, always wanting more and more, better and better...yet "I" was the one who was supposed to get it for her...god forbid SHE actually had to do anything about it. Most women feel entitled to others stuff...just because.

Who said "kill them off"? Why do the liberals ALWAYS inject that into EVERY fucking conversation about "equality"? No...you don't have to do shit! Just stop providing for them. Let the chips fall where they do. If you can't survive on your own...you don't deserve to live. Fuck dragging along the weak!

As for the "most intelligent were wimps"...IF they're that smart...they're smart enough to survive on their own. I'm not saying "go after" the weak and poor...just stop dragging them along for a free ride.

"You don't work in the garden...you don't eat". Can you understand that? That pretty much sums up my view of things. If you CHOOSE to be lazy...you're not going to be around to enjoy it very long. I do know one thing...we'd be a hell of a lot better off (as the human race) with about half the people on this planet gone. But overpopulation is another subject.

So...too honest? Am I looking at another 2 week vacation? It's how I see things...why can't I say it?

Last edited:

SmilinBob

The ability to put yourself in another person's position and feel bad for them is the reason we have programs that support people who would otherwise not survive.

I agree that some 'wimps' have been great influences on our society, but I don't think we would be any worse off than we our now had they never survived.

That's the case in point. Survival doesn't only depend on your physical ability. Look at the different species on this planet. Smarter animals survive because they outwit the dumb predators. This isn't true for all situations, of course, in which case dummy dum dums die, and the smart and/or physically capable survive.

ibjamming

Veteran
The ability to put yourself in another person's position and feel bad for them is the reason we have programs that support people who would otherwise not survive.

I agree that some 'wimps' have been great influences on our society, but I don't think we would be any worse off than we our now had they never survived.

That's the case in point. Survival doesn't only depend on your physical ability. Look at the different species on this planet. Smarter animals survive because they outwit the dumb predators. This isn't true for all situations, of course, in which case dummy dum dums die, and the smart and/or physically capable survive.

And it's a good thing for them that there are women to make sure those programs exist! If it were just men...forgetaboutit... MOST men say...sucks to be them!...and go on with our lives. That's the difference between the sexes...well...ONE of the myriad of differences.

See...actually, that "wimps" is a twisting of the original meaning...watch them, they're sneaky... It was the "weak" that was referred to.

Usually...it's the predator that is smart...the prey are in greater numbers...a few will survive out of dumb luck to create a whole lot more.

You've got a similar situation going on with people. The people at the top...the "smart predators" have very few children and they take good care of them, teach them to "hunt", and their numbers stay very low. You have the people at the bottom...the "prey" who have huge families and their children pretty much fend for themselves. Accurate analogy?

The thing is...the people at the top make the people in the MIDDLE pay for everything. Don't listen to the "top 1% pay all the INCOME taxes propaganda"...it's INCOME TAX which is a pittance compared to TOTAL government taxation. The middle class is the most people and spends the most money and get's taxed overall the most...most TOTAL tax receipts.

SmilinBob

I didn't take into account the safety in numbers reasoning while posting that last reply. Of course they are dumb compared to the predator. Much like society today. They put there head down and graze all day. Only bring it up when danger is approaching. Which can be said about people today. As long as they aren't being bothered they aren't changing anything.

I was referring to species that aren't herds.

You've got a similar situation going on with people. The people at the top...the "smart predators" have very few children and they take good care of them, teach them to "hunt", and their numbers stay very low. You have the people at the bottom...the "prey" who have huge families and their children pretty much fend for themselves. Accurate analogy?

Very accurate analogy, of course, it can and probably will be argued that that isn't always the case. The problem is the 'prey' aren't supporting themselves,(not always the case chill the fuck out) and if they can't, they are given hand outs, why? Weaklings and runts who can't compete shouldn't have their hand held through life, and especially shouldn't survive long enough to breed.

The government programs are like life long parents. Children who never have to face reality because mommy doesn't ever kick them out into the real world, and if they did they wouldn't last long.

Of course this way of thinking will never happen in any society where empathy occurs. If you place yourself in that person's shoes, and feel "we" need to help.. for what? Drain our resources(tax money) carrying dead weight.

If you don't carry your weight on a team sport you get cut. If you dont' carry your weight at your job, you get fired. If you don't carry your weight in life you get a free fucking ride, and it makes me sick.

J

juicepuddle

You may be right...maybe I am being "old fashioned"...but I'll tell you...things were GREAT when I was a kid. We ran around, did, went, wherever we wanted to. We'd leave the house at 7, go around the neighborhood collecting the other kids, and we'd DO something.

You didn't have to worry about anything. Mom was home, TEACHING her children, taking care of dad, making meals. It's how it's SUPPOSED to be. Single parents...a single mom...is the WORST situation...especially for a boy. We HAVE roles...we really do. When we as a society, go against natures rules...we ALL get fucked.

Well said. I remember when I was young and my parents would be of the mind like yours, they would let me go out and adventure, yet a neighbor kid that became my best friend was not aloud to even leave our culdesac! I always felt so bad for him.