What's new

Aliens, yay or nay?

Aliens, yay or nay?

• Absolutely no

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Maybe, i'm not sure

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Of course, there are aliens out there!

Votes: 312 83.6%

• Total voters

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
aliens always been good 2 me, when probing always had the common courtesy to give me a reach a round ,....
TS

Galactic

Re: Aliens, yay or nay?

Anti and bomb! Excellent back and forth you guys are having. And thank you for the maturity to continue all the way from the beginning.

We need more conscientious thinkers. Self-responsibility and understanding. It bothers me sometimes the closed nature of many people worlds.

You both are guardians and messengers of Truth.

Is truth not the iterative refinement of Self?

Cool Moe

Veteran
There was a sighting across four municipalities in southern Illinois in 2000 near St. Louis in which police officers from each witnessed a huge object move silently over the area. Supposedly it was a massive triangle shape taller than a two-story house. The timeline of the sightings and the quality of the observers makes it hard to discount the possibility of technology from somewhere other than our planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618Uqte_g1I

Interesting stuff to say the least...wouldn't it be nice if their spaceships could power up from our excess co2?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I think Anti is one of the few people who voted no :D

Anti, is a lover of logic and a good debate. Not that that is a bad thing but sometimes his arguments manage to elicite quite emotional responses. I think he is sometimes misunderstood but other times it's hard to tell. There is definitely a certain amount of deviousness to him. :)

HempKat

Veteran
I think due to the sheer size of the universe it would be ignorant to think we are the only life in the universe but i don't believe aliens have visited the earth and have yet to see any evidence that they have and Anti is one of the few people in this thread talking sense imo :)

What if you have but just accept there is no evidence because you can think of another explaination? What if you had a experience where you feel you saw an alien and you felt you're certain of what you saw. But it also turns out that in the past you've done LSD and I know this and I conclude,"Nah dude you didn't see no aliens, you had a flashback from all the LSD you used to do." You might have actually seen an alien, how do I know? was I there where the sighting occured? If only one person witnesses a particular event and there is no camera or recording device of any kind avaiable to documented it does that mean nothing happened because someone can think of a different explaination for what someone saw? How does it benefit someone to tell people things that might make them think that person is crazy? Yet simply because I could think of a different explaination of it, if it actually did happen, I would be dismissing the actual and only evidence of it. Then 10 20 30 100 years later someone on the internet would be using the logic of how come there's no solid evidence of it?

HempKat

Veteran
I abstained from voting because of the way it was worded.

If you had a choice along the lines of:

"I think it is statistically likely that life exists somewhere other than earth" I would've checked that box. It is clear from reading the thread that many people answered "yes" with my interpretation in mind.

If the question is "Do I believe aliens are actively roaming the countryside looking for people to dazzle with undocumented sightings?" then my answer is No. If the question is do I *KNOW FOR SURE* the answer is also no.

One thing that does tend to lend itself toward your view is that if there were aliens able to visit earth that ability would likely also grant them the ability to be able to hide or disguise their presence. Additionally for them to decide to make that journey they would likely have already thought about the many possible consequences of being seen and take steps to avoid it or if the decided to do it for some reason do it in a definitive way so as to leave no doubt.

I mean really, aliens came all the way here quite possibly being born enroute here so they could secretly probe peoples butts but then someone actually spots their space ship so they take off? Sounds kind of sketchy to me. Even taking the tongue and cheek element out of it, I mean they come all that way or have such sophisticated technology to make that travel no big deal but then they never make themselves known other then maybe to a handful of random people?

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
IF u think we are the only life form , in all the infinite galaxys , u might have to smoke another joint and think deeper......hmmm
'TS

HempKat

Veteran
The way you phrased it was clearly homophobic. Don't back pedal now. Look deep within yourself and prepare yourself for truth. It can't hurt you, but it might make you uncomfortable for awhile until you acknowledge it.

Actually no it wasn't, What was clear to me was that he was using the common debating technique (not formal debating) of trying to attack an arguement by discrediting on some other issue, the source of that argument. Which if that were the case the only way homophobic would really apply is he would be counting on most people's tendencies to be homophobic so they would think "ah well that guy is nuts I'm not going to consider anything he says." The fact that it got turned into gay bashing though suggests to me the things he was saying about the guy hit close to home.

Galactic

Re: Aliens, yay or nay?

Yes very common debate technique. Too bad its a fallacy. Doesn't slow those with less knowledge from spewing though.

HempKat

Veteran
Yes very common debate technique. Too bad its a fallacy. Doesn't slow those with less knowledge from spewing though.

Fallacy or not it gets used alot especially on issues that touch on peoples deepest held beliefs like religion and politics.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
There was a sighting across four municipalities in southern Illinois in 2000 near St. Louis in which police officers from each witnessed a huge object move silently over the area. Supposedly it was a massive triangle shape taller than a two-story house. The timeline of the sightings and the quality of the observers makes it hard to discount the possibility of technology from somewhere other than our planet.

Interesting stuff to say the least...wouldn't it be nice if their spaceships could power up from our excess co2?

It's sad that many people who were reading this thread would miss a post like this because it's surrounded by poo flinging monkeys.

Can any of the debate team and logic competition go stroke your egos with your infatuation for noise on a "Logic 101" aka "I'm louder and you're wrong" thread or something?

Or just get back on the topic at hand?

Just seeking a little sanity... I know, I know... I won't hold my breath :D

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Visiting? No, why come this far and not say Hi y'll. That's from the Carl Sagan school of being rational. Remember the U is Unidentified

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Back in college I was sobersitting for my two friends who had decided to eat mushrooms. They decided we should go for a drive so off we went.

We were cruising around a suburban neighboorhood on the way towards a more scenic spot to get out and chill... it was about ten or eleven at night.

I'm driving so I'm not looking at whatever they were but they kept babbling about strange lights in the sky. I just grin and let them trip out.

It became more than an obsession so I start asking questions and try not to really interrupt their trip with anything to logical.

There were at least three or four points of light that they were focused on and they moved unlike anything they'd seen. About the time I was trying to see one of the lights they both started yelling and pointing at two o'clock...

I pull into the nearest driveway and kill lights, realizing I'm just feeding their panic knowing what mushroom rush can be like, I just couldn't help it.

We all jump out of the car immediately not caring we were in front of a strangers house with two thirds of us tripping face...

Surely enough I see one of these lights coming towards us, but it just looked like an airplane to me.

As it gets closer (it was heading directly for us) I notice it's low and there's no noise that you would associate with a low flying plane.. there's no noise at all.

And when it got really close I realized that the lights did not flash at all either. I was sure it wasn't a plane at this point so I start freaking out and screaming "What if they aren't friendly?"

My buddies are already hysterical and poor souls had headfuls of shrooms on top of that OUCH.

Then I see that it's really really really low and still there was no noise. There were two large white lights at a three and nine o'clock position and two smaller red lights in the center.

It seemed to be hexagonal octagonal or maybe just round... it was a dark sky with only a few stars.

As it passed overhead I took note of all of this and noticed it seemed way too low and way too quiet. I begin to try and estimate the distance from the ground so as to get an idea of the size.

I'm sizing it up when it accelerates at an exponential speed until it was just a light in the distance in seconds... but the light was still there.

My friends start saying we should chase it and I realize how futile that would be. This reminds me I'm the sober sitter. I pack them back into the car and try to calm myself and everybody else down.

We agreed that we should not tell anyone until they were sober and maybe not even then. It's interesting when people think you are insane and you know better.

What if you have but just accept there is no evidence because you can think of another explaination? What if you had a experience where you feel you saw an alien and you felt you're certain of what you saw. But it also turns out that in the past you've done LSD and I know this and I conclude,"Nah dude you didn't see no aliens, you had a flashback from all the LSD you used to do." You might have actually seen an alien, how do I know? was I there where the sighting occured? If only one person witnesses a particular event and there is no camera or recording device of any kind avaiable to documented it does that mean nothing happened because someone can think of a different explaination for what someone saw? How does it benefit someone to tell people things that might make them think that person is crazy? Yet simply because I could think of a different explaination of it, if it actually did happen, I would be dismissing the actual and only evidence of it. Then 10 20 30 100 years later someone on the internet would be using the logic of how come there's no solid evidence of it?
i have read that 3 times now and i still have no idea what your trying to say gibberish :moon:

Back in college I was sobersitting for my two friends who had decided to eat mushrooms. They decided we should go for a drive so off we went.

We were cruising around a suburban neighboorhood on the way towards a more scenic spot to get out and chill... it was about ten or eleven at night.

I'm driving so I'm not looking at whatever they were but they kept babbling about strange lights in the sky. I just grin and let them trip out.

It became more than an obsession so I start asking questions and try not to really interrupt their trip with anything to logical.

There were at least three or four points of light that they were focused on and they moved unlike anything they'd seen. About the time I was trying to see one of the lights they both started yelling and pointing at two o'clock...

I pull into the nearest driveway and kill lights, realizing I'm just feeding their panic knowing what mushroom rush can be like, I just couldn't help it.

We all jump out of the car immediately not caring we were in front of a strangers house with two thirds of us tripping face...

Surely enough I see one of these lights coming towards us, but it just looked like an airplane to me.

As it gets closer (it was heading directly for us) I notice it's low and there's no noise that you would associate with a low flying plane.. there's no noise at all.

And when it got really close I realized that the lights did not flash at all either. I was sure it wasn't a plane at this point so I start freaking out and screaming "What if they aren't friendly?"

My buddies are already hysterical and poor souls had headfuls of shrooms on top of that OUCH.

Then I see that it's really really really low and still there was no noise. There were two large white lights at a three and nine o'clock position and two smaller red lights in the center.

It seemed to be hexagonal octagonal or maybe just round... it was a dark sky with only a few stars.

As it passed overhead I took note of all of this and noticed it seemed way too low and way too quiet. I begin to try and estimate the distance from the ground so as to get an idea of the size.

I'm sizing it up when it accelerates at an exponential speed until it was just a light in the distance in seconds... but the light was still there.

My friends start saying we should chase it and I realize how futile that would be. This reminds me I'm the sober sitter. I pack them back into the car and try to calm myself and everybody else down.

We agreed that we should not tell anyone until they were sober and maybe not even then. It's interesting when people think you are insane and you know better.
So you see something that you can't explain and your first thought is aliens ! you have watched to many films :moon:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran

This is clearly an entertainment program from television. It is sensationalized reporting and not evidence.

The video shows nothing while they play snippets from police dispatches out of context.

It contains re-enactments and oral accounts of "eye witness" testimony.

It also contains dramatic voice over narration and spooky music that builds when they want to heighten the tension and play on your emotions.

It contains absolutely no footage of the object.

You know what is relatively near that area?

Whitman Air Force Base. You know what's at Whitman? The entire fleet of B2 stealth bombers.

The one officer in the video reports a "v" shape.

There are blinking lights.

Aliens are running their marking lights 14 trillion miles from home?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Are you afraid if you post

"Hey man what if they're not aliens and they're just our aircraft?"

you'll be ravaged by logic police?

Occam's Razor wouldn't cut through anything women do BTW... :D

Latest posts

Latest posts