What's new

Alien Rift & GG4 in RDWC under PLC LED...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Really happy with the new water set up. Was in a hurry and time was spent working on the room so here is how i set up my R/o for the time being...its rough but it works. Hose comes in from my yard spigot through the window to the unit. Then waste goes to tub...hahaha. Will get this properly plumbed up soon. It woks a dream though and is fast compared to what I had before. I am getting 0 PPM water which is so sweet.
fetch?photoid=17862094.jpg

Just temporary. Makes me laugh but I did what I needed to get the 31 gallons I need now for my new system.
fetch?photoid=17862091.jpg

Also have my rez set up on a UV filter. It continously cycles it through the filter and back to the rez. Not a permanent set up yer but like I said I was fricken busy. So now I have 0 ppm water that is UV filtered...pretty happy here. Also pretty well medicated....

Have a great night all. Peace, negative.

Last edited:

Klompen

Oh man you're a busy dude. That looks great. If I ever give hydro a try I know who to bother about it :D Looks like a nice slick turnaround. Those leaves look great. How many cubic feet of plant will you have in that space?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the nice comments there Klompen. I really have been working a ton on this. Now that work is not taking up my time I am going full bore on this and a bunch of projects around the house. As far as cubic feet of plant...well lets see. If my math is correct about 40 cubic feet of plants/buds. I usually go for about 24" to 30" depth of canopy. I will drop some technical geek hydro stuff on my new system and the room if no one minds. So the room is a 4'x5'x8' dedicated room to growing. Sound deadening and double 5/8" sheet rock in the walls. I started from studs with this room. I set it up so all electrics are outside of the space. The cords come in through a light trap I built from abs pipe through the wall. This port goes to the back of a cabinet on the adjoining wall which houses all my controls and electrics. This way I keep heat out of the room and keep things tidy.
It is a in and out set up with a 6" fantech 300 cfm exhausting through a can filter 33. Fresh is coming in through another fantech 6" 300cfm on a speed controler. Fresh is pulled from a another room in my house which is heated or a/c depending on the time of year. I also have a window in that room set up to be open(stealthly) for more cool fresh air. This other room also houses my veg tent. A couple of circ fans, one under the canopy and one above blowing 24/7.
Pacific Light Concepts custom DIY built 660 watt LED fixture. Spine type spider fixture similar to Fluence. A 4 site, 2" pipe undercurrent system with 1/10 hp chiller and 370 gph water pump that has 31 gallons running through it. 5 gallon top off rez gravity fed into epicenter via 1/4 tube. I have 2, 4 outlet active aqua air pumps running 4, 2x4 air stones.
This room has produced some amazing runs and some real fire has been smoked from here. Couple examples I will put here.
GG4 monocrop...pulled nearly 2 lb's. This was under HID's.
fetch?photoid=17582647.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17582647.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	17862896

Super Silver Goo seed run....this was in soil. Fing killed it. Again under Hid's
fetch?photoid=16339495.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=16339495.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	17862897

Forgive me for geeking out on specs but I love grow gear.
Have a great night all. Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. So I got a new toy yesterday. Pretty impressed right away as I was able to pull a 21% return on my second press of some so so material. Fuck yes. Learning curve is short. Soon as my Glue cures we will have some real super fire rosin!! I would expect to pull around 30% yield from the Glue. Rosin is a great way to smoke and now that I have a way to make it anytime I want I will be smoking much more of it. The terps are incredible off it. Nugsmasher OG for the win!
fetch?photoid=17863261.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17863261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	17863264

Room is sailing along smoothly. Top off rez is so sweet, they already drank over 2 gallons in just 12 hours. Before I would always hand fill. That lead to different water levels through the day and that's no good. Always looking to up my game 10% at a time to hit a home run every grow.
Changes I made for this upcoming run include:
New water supply. Micro 75 with finishing filter and UV sterilization.
New 2", 4 site undercurrent system with auto top off rez.
Added some benificial microbes(Tribus and Mammoth P)
New 2"x4" air stones, was running little bitty ones before.
Second trellis layer built in to room
Cleaned up exhaust duct run to remove a 90 bend and make it more free flowing along with brand new can filter 33.
That's about it. With these few important changes I hope to increase yield and quality, if possible.
Have a great day all. Mines going great. Just got back from a big hike in the mountains with my dogs...yes! Not working is fing awesome....
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Harvest is curing up nicely. Been smoking on both strains a it and I can give some opinions.
The Glue is great. Less larf than I have ever gotten before and solid nugs all the way down. Nice gassy smell with a kick when you smoke it. Still slightly wet but getting better daily. About a 6.5 oz yield on the glue.
The Alien Rift is pretty dang good to. Much airier but bugger buds than the glue, probably due to me underfeeding it the whole run. Nice trich coverage and will need much more trimming to finish up than the glue. I pulled 4.6 oz off the one plant and it was from seed.
Pretty sad numbers for a 4x5. All due to me. Plants were way undersized for the space as well. This next run is going to be much better. Monocrop of Glue with one from seed and the room is totally packed with growth. Ready for flip to 12/12 this weekend!! That's about 12 days from a room full of buds to a complete system rebuild and ready to flower again. Pretty quick for me. My goal is to pull 5 harvests in 12 months. We will see how that goes...on pace for now.
I did a nice bubble run a couple days ago. Love it when you get 30-40 grams of nice material from scraps.
fetch?photoid=17866794.jpg

Probably be pressing a lot of this into rosin.

The glue monocrop is busting...flower in a couple dayzzz. It took me 3 hours to get that first layer of trellis in. They were really tall!!

I have a seed going from a bud I bought from Khush Kush. It was Sticky Gorilla 4..aka GG4. It is going on a bout 7 nodes now and looks NOTHING like any of the GG4 I have grown multiple times...lol. No twisting of the leaves, no purple petioles..nothing. Makes you really wonder what it is and if they are liying...Has not shown sex yet but will soon. I will flower it out if it female and see.
Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17866754.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17866754.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
I flipped to 12/12 this AM...woot woot! Finished up my rez set up. Pretty happy with it. Float valve controlled supply from R/O system. Recirculating UV filter. 2 air stones running in there. Separate pump for delivering water to the hose connection out. I use that hose to fill stuff from my rez. I use a different set up to pump out my system. I do not like to mix what I am trying to remove and the pure stuff I am putting back in. Seems to be working great. I may upsize to a 32 gallon at some point. It fits my system needs better but this was a great shakedown run to see how it all functions.
fetch?photoid=17869318.jpg

fetch?photoid=17869316.jpg

fetch?photoid=17869317.jpg

I do have a temp monitor mounted there on the wall but my water stays right about 69 where I am storing it.
Excited to be in flower again...this is going to be a epic run. Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Did some rosin pressing this afternoon with my new Nugsmasher OG. My 3rd and 4th press ever. I did 3.5 grams of the glue and the same of the rift. It came out so nice. Just that perfect honey color and it smokes like a dream. I got a 28% yield on the glue and about 22% on the rift. I think I can still do better as I am a total noob. Will work on a couple "recipes" for these 2 strains.
Here is the Glue. 209 degrees for around 2 minutes and 25 seconds. I used a 120 micron bag bottle tech style.
fetch?photoid=17869521.jpg

Here is the Rift. 219 degrees for about 2 minutes 45 seconds. This was in a 160 micron bag bottle tech style as well.
fetch?photoid=17869520.jpg

I was very happy with the results of both...woot!
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Going to document the GG4 monocrop here as it is going to be epic...Flipped to 12/12 yesterday. Pretty full canopy with a ton of heads popping up. These have been in the system 1 week and 4 days. They were very big when I put them in. The undercurrent system is kicking ass and taking names. Running perfectly. Mu ph is so stable it hardly ever moved off 5.9 during that period. Love having the top off rez as well. Keeps that water level perfect and allows me to "steer" the system. I have to use a lot more quantity of nutrients now due to the 31 gallon system size but that's ok. I am able to wait about 2 weeks between changes so that helps.
Switched out the water today for bloom nutes.
Here is my week 1 mix.
Advanced A & B sensi bloom and Sensizym. I have my own bloom nutes that I made but I amusing up what I have of the Advanced first.
Blue Planet Cal mag.
Botanicare Silica blast, Sweet and Hydroguard.
Tribus, Mammoth P and Superthrive.
The last 3 I have not used before. Have heard great things about the microbes so I am giving them a try this time.
Been foliar feeding my plants the last few days...have greened up nicely. .5 ml of cal mag in a 32 oz sprayer at lights out on the undersides of the leaves. Then a light misting on the top. They seem to be loving it. Been pulling fan leaves for the last 3 days....so many!
Here we are at day 1 flower, lights out.
fetch?photoid=17870006.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17870006.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	17870021

A underside shot. Pretty cleaned up. Just did a foliar on them
fetch?photoid=17870007.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17870007.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	17870022

This ones going to be real good!! :)

Last edited:

DiverDave

Hi all. Going to document the GG4 monocrop here as it is going to be epic...Flipped to 12/12 yesterday. Pretty full canopy with a ton of heads popping up. These have been in the system 1 week and 4 days. They were very big when I put them in. The undercurrent system is kicking ass and taking names. Running perfectly. Mu ph is so stable it hardly ever moved off 5.9 during that period. Love having the top off rez as well. Keeps that water level perfect and allows me to "steer" the system. I have to use a lot more quantity of nutrients now due to the 31 gallon system size but that's ok. I am able to wait about 2 weeks between changes so that helps.
Switched out the water today for bloom nutes.
Here is my week 1 mix.
Advanced A & B sensi bloom and Sensizym. I have my own bloom nutes that I made but I amusing up what I have of the Advanced first.
Blue Planet Cal mag.
Botanicare Silica blast, Sweet and Hydroguard.
Tribus, Mammoth P and Superthrive.
The last 3 I have not used before. Have heard great things about the microbes so I am giving them a try this time.
Been foliar feeding my plants the last few days...have greened up nicely. .5 ml of cal mag in a 32 oz sprayer at lights out on the undersides of the leaves. Then a light misting on the top. They seem to be loving it. Been pulling fan leaves for the last 3 days....so many!
Here we are at day 1 flower, lights out.

A underside shot. Pretty cleaned up. Just did a foliar on them

This ones going to be real good!! :)

Nice, good clean looking hydro system, I am pulling up a chair.
I have upgraded my system but a far cry from where you are today ;)

Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

DD

:plant grow:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks so much for the nice comments DiverDave. I have put a ton of effort into this system and I love it. It is bulletproof. Really excited to see how it does with this run. I have a feeling I will not regret my build. I am moving so much more water now compared to my old system. Keeping everything real stable. The undercurrent design just works, no need to complicate it.
Cannot say enough good things about the new LED with the PLC light engines(photo boost strips). The coverage and uniformity is just so good. We are in a lucky time as growers to have all these amazing lighting choices now. I feel like I have my ultimate set up now,. Yes it is small, but it is a powerful combination of a top shelf light and hydro system. I always felt that this combo would kick ass. Now it's up to me to make it happen. :)

What type of set up are you running there DiverDave? Be interested to see or hear about what you have going on. Hydro is so cool. The growth just cant be matched.
Have a great day all. Getting ready to head out on a hike with my hounds before it gets to 100 today....summers here boys and the views at the river are excellent if you know what I mean..wink wink!!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Clone game has been 100% on point for about 2 years now. I do the same thing every time and it just rewards me always. I used to struggle and tried many ways but no more!
DIY Aero cloner from a 5 gallon bucket. It is a 7 site because I do not need much. Small pump with a sprayer manifold of pvc and nozzles...just standard stuff here.
The difference for me was the mix I use now.
My exact recipe: My bucket holds 3.5 gallons
Clonex solution 10mls/gallon
Hormex 3-4 mls/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 mls/ gallon
Change on day 7 or 8 to
Clonex 15 ml/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 ml/ gallon
Drop the Hormex
I use r/o water. My ph comes out at 5.9. Water Temps between 72-75.
I use a 2' t-5 ho with all 4 blue bulbs in it.
They have been coming out perfect every time.
Here is a shot at day 15. Usually see roots at day 7-10 The stems swell and then burst out with roots all over like a bottle brush. 6, gg4 little girls with foot long roots.
fetch?photoid=17870752.jpg

The best 4 of these will be my next run. Did I mention I really like the Glue? It will be the second monocrop in a row...woot woot!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Having some real fun today with my rosin press. This stuff is so smooth and absolutely rips you. Every time the lady takes a dab she just says over and over..."that is so good" It just really does not make you cough very much. When I do solvent based dabs I always feels a huge cough and it keeps going for a while after I take the hit. Like some chemical is fucking with me. It is more harsh if I can say that. The rosin just does not have that same feel in the lungs...woot woot!
I pressed a couple 1/4's today and I got a nice yield. This is one press of the Glue...so gassy. 160 micron bag 217 for 2:25. Did a second press and got a tad more.
fetch?photoid=17873348.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17873348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	17873350

Alien Rift flower. 160 micron bag at 213 for 2:25.
fetch?photoid=17873382.jpg

Dab up boys! Peace, negative.
Oh by the way week 1 of flower is about in the book and the undercurrent is killing it!

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. End week 1 of flower for the GG4 monocrop. Things are looking great. Parameters have been rock solid and boy do I love that top off rez! My bluelab has been reading 1.2 EC, 67 degrees and 5.7 Ph all week long. The chiller and top off rez make that possible. They are taking in over 5 gallons of water a day!! Having 31 gallons running in there sure keeps the numbers stable. Been doing some foliar feeds of cal mag. Will not keep that up for to long. Just a little boost in week 1 and 2.
GG4 end week 1 of flower. 4 plants in a 4x5.
fetch?photoid=17873840.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17873840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	17873852

Have gotten to a decent level of defoliation. Light is getting through down to the lower branches and things are really cleaned up under the canopy. Could not believe the number of fans I took off...must have been at least 200...so thick! They are stretching a bit which is great and moving towards that lovely LED. I only have the light at about 70% power but turning it up slowly over the next few days to 100%
Knock on wood but no issues so far, no leaks and no pests..!! The only thing I do not like is the growth of the GG4 from seed. It has spindly branches and is a very slow grower compared to my clones. The 2 examples I have that are side by side and the same age as my GG4 clones are just lagging...Probably going to let her go. I have hundreds more seeds and I am sure I can find a better example of the clone version in those.
Just a few of the choices...hehehe.
fetch?photoid=17873840.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17873840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	17873852

If the seed I have going from Khush Kush that I have going turns out to be male I am going to pop a few of these to find a good mom for a future run. Gotta love variety.
Limited release...no longer available. Dough G from Ocean grown. Forum Cookies and Vader OG cross. mmmmm. Should be a nice combo!!

Have a great day all...I know I will. Transplanting my clones into the F&D system today. They are going to start to get ready for the next run...what a surprise another Glue monocrop...lol. I love the gas!! The Dough G or the Khush Kush seed I have going will be the run after this. Depends on if it is a male or not. We will see.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Getting ready for my first rez change of the run tonight.Moving along in week 2 just fine. Starting to figure out these girls need a bit more in the nutrient department with the high light levels. Upped my EC to 1.6 during week one and going to 1.7 at rez change. The amount of growth is great...putting on more leaves daily. Bud sites are just starting to show up now. The trellis is nice and full....except for where the plant from seed is. She is a lager for sure and was culled from the stable yesterday. It only has 4 or 5 main branches and is at least 6" shorter and spindly compared to the other clones. Like I said I have hundreds of other seeds of this to try so no worries. Watch though the bud will turn out awesome and I will be like fuck....now to I reveg or what. Really though no matter how it turns out moving on from this one....
Speaking of light levels....mine are nice and HIGH baby! Taking Greengenes advice on height and copying his setup as far as height. My 1st level of trellis is 34" from the light. Second level is at 26" and shooting for a finished height of about 12" under the light. The 34" level gets about 750 ppfd in the center. The 26" level gets to around 850 ppfd in the center and the final height of 12" gets me near 1100 center. 750 to 800 at the outside edge....f yeah!! I try to keep the light at 1 height and let the plants grow to it. I can move it up or down as needed though.
Another round of defoliation set for day 20-21. and then we are in cruise mode for at least a couple weeks. Running H2o2 in cloner right now cleaning up for next run. Some clones of Rift for sure. Either more seeds from Ocean Grown(Man o War, Bruce Banner x Alien Rift) or cuts of that Khush Kush plant(Sticky Gorilla 4) will join them. I keep changing my mind of what OG strain to run...I have a few.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all! End of week 2 has been reached, day 14. Things are looking pretty nice I think. They are stretching up nicely and the trellis is filling in. I am amazed at the growth and the amount of leaves that I have to remove daily. Will be doing a heavy defoil this week and prep them for success. The pictures will look quite different after the leaf pull. It is the thickest growth I have EVER had in this room. LED for the win...660 watts is just lighting this room up so nicely. The plants love it at full power and are praying up to all the time.
Undercurrent is just killing it...no issues at all. Parameters are very stable and its just no drama at all. I knew undercurrent would be the shit but wow I am impressed. The top off rez is a must. Allows you to drive the system and keeps water levels perfect. I am running at 1.7 EC, water 66 degrees and 5.9 Ph. I am running the Masterblend 4-18-38 with 15-0-0 cal nit and epsom salts. I have some adds in there as well. Hydroguard, Mammoth P, Tribus and some sugars that have added sulphur in them.
Top of canopy. Day 14 of flower. GG4.
fetch?photoid=17879681.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17879681.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	17879696

Underside shot same day.
fetch?photoid=17879683.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17879683.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	17879697

Close up. GG4.
fetch?photoid=17879682.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17879682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.9 KB ID:	17879698

I think the leaf health is great. every time I pull some I take a sample and look at them closely for any signs of what might be needed. Yes purple petioles...it is Glue. I slightly defoliated the left side but will be doing MUCH more this week. It will be shocking to see the change....I have taken more leaves off than ever.
I think the second picture shows it best. The 1 plant I have from seed is a slow grower and lagging behind the others. Spoiling my sweet even canopy. Well that's is why you run a true mono crop in RDWC. Looks like someone stepped on my grow in the front left. It is about 8 inches behind the others. Still going to yield a bit but that plant is going to hurt my overall for sure. I culled the clones I have of it because of the growth or lack of growth patterns on this particular one. Many more to choose from.
If you look back at the picture from the end of week one you will see a big difference in leaf color. They were a little light for my taste. Upping the EC a bit and doing some foliar feeds of cal mag have sure changed that! Also the amount of growth in 1 week is great. I could never go back to dirt...I would wonder if they were even growing!! lol.
Getting stuff put together to build a Ph controller. I love to diy and I think it will up my game just that little bit more. American Marine controller with a couple of peristaltic pumps with mini transformers. It will be a 2 way controller with both up and down ability. Nice! I will keep you all in the loop when I do it.
Have a great day all...dabbing on my home pressed rosin today hard...so good!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi. Have nearly reached end of week 3, day 20 of flower. Bud sites are really developing now. Going to do a big defoliation tonight. This LED is sure producing a lot of growth. I have never pulled this many leaves in a grow. There is literally zero light pen to the bucket tops, that will change tonight.
Things seems to be going very smoothly. No issues with the light or undercurrent system. Top off rez is working great and the blue lab is giving me correct info. Chiller is working perfectly. I only hear it come on a handful of times a day. It is properly sized for the water volume. It is weird to get used to the lack of heat in my room from the lighting. There are times when it barley reaches 70 in the canopy...lol. Highest temp I have recorded is 80.0 while the chiller was running. It dumps the hot air out the back and that heats up the room for a bit. We are also at 90 plus here where I live all day long. It normally stays about 72 canopy level.
Day 20. Pre defoliation.
fetch?photoid=17883823.jpg

It would be really nice to get some lively talk going on in here about most anything. I feel like no one is watching or wants to talk about stuff. I see all these threads with massive discussions and lots of people getting involved and I wonder why not here? Is it something about the way I post? Is there no interest anymore? I just wonder.
Well I will take some pics at lights up then after the leaf pull so you can see the huge difference. Keeping them green this run till the flush. 1.5-1.7 EC, 67 degree water and 5.9 ph right now. I will be upping it slightly this rez change.
I am working on a ph controller. Have all the parts in hand now need to decide how to best put them together. I was going to mount the controller out of the room for 2 reasons. 1 so I can see it if it goes weird on me and 2 because it has red lights all over it. I went with a pre wired peristaltic pump that has variable output control. It is already assembled and wired. When I added up the cost of all the stuff to build it separate it was more. This took a bit of the DIY out of it but it will turn out great and it just made more sense.
fetch?photoid=17883824.jpg

Heading in to defoliate. Going to take a while. Have a great night all. Going to take a big dab of fresh pressed GG4 rosin...mmmmm
fetch?photoid=17883825.jpg

Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Did some defoiliation last night. Took me 2 hours and I really cant even tell I pulled anything. I ended up with a 5 gallon bucket about half full and I need to do a lot more!! I will get back at it tonight. This is for sure the densest canopy this room has ever produced. The 7 week veg under Samsung LM301B's really helped out. The 700 to 1000 or so micromoles they are getting now is not hurting either. That one straggler in the front is sure a let down though. Oh well the other 3 beasts will make up for it a bit! Was hoping to pull 2 pounds from this run. That means I need 8 zips per plant. I feel confident that the 3 big ones will produce that but the small one is not going to make her goal for sure. We will see in the end.
Got a rez change planned for tonight. Upping the EC to about 1.7-1.8 and starting to use a PK booster, Hydroplex from Botanicare. More leafs coming off tonight. Need to get some more light down through that thick ass canopy. I am very happy how they are looking. Always praying for that sweet LED fixture. Pacific Light Concepts for the win!
fetch?photoid=17884114.jpg

Have a great day all. Mine is going to be great. I am so loving not working at all. Lets me get lots of things done round the house. Going to take the dogs down to the river today for some paddle board fun. The bikinis are out in force!! WootWoot!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all! Ph controller work was done today. The pumps are mounted and the wiring for them run through the wall port. American Marine put the outlets to close together for the transformers to plug in side by side...fail. So I had to use 2 extension cords for now. They are long and stupid but I will create 2 custom length ones of my own this weekend. Just trying it out for now. About just trying it out...forgot to order tubing for it so waiting on that or it would be up and running right now. Pumps are mounted just above the epicenter...don't kill me on the wiring. Going to have to reroute some wires to tidy up after this goes in. I have the controller sitting in my control cabinet outside the room. The only thing I am trying to figure out is the supply bottles location. I have a cool spot just above the pumps that fits the 2 bottles perfectly. Any issues with mounting the bottles a few inches above the pumps?? I am a noob when it come to paristaltic pumps. Will the tiny bit of head push fluid past the pumps wheels?
The pumps. They are adjustable flow.
fetch?photoid=17885256.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17885256.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	17885265

The controller in the cabinet. Picked this sweet unit up from a guy getting out of coral reef stuff...woot woot! Got her for a nice deal over retail.
fetch?photoid=17885257.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17885257.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.2 KB ID:	17885266

It allows you to set a center point and then adjust the amount of deadband up or down from that. In very precise .01 increments. I have it set at center point of 5.95. 6.10 or 5.80 and it will activate the correct pump to fix the situation. :) Automation is pretty killer.
Time to get my dab on!!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. It is nute making day or as I like to call it saving money day!! I have made my own base nutes for awhile now. I have been using the Masterblend 4-18-38 mixed in concentrate so I can dose it out easily. I think some people are turned off of dry nutes because they think they will be measuring and mixing all the time. Just make up a concentrate solution and it will be just like using liquid nutes you have grown accustomed to. I just ran out of my Masterblend. I had been using up the last of the Advanced stuff I had but that's gone to so time to make more.
I am going with Jacks 3-2-1. Done a lot of research and I am convinced it will do great. I mix up a concentrate of this as well. To get a 32 oz bottle of finished concentrate I use enough Jacks at the 3.6-2.4-1.2 ratio for a 61 gallon mix. This will produce a concentrate mix that if diluted at 10 to 12 ml per gallon will give you about 800 ppm. Now you have to keep the a and b separate...they dont like each other in a concentrate.
This is a veg mix but people have used this formula all through bloom with great results. If you feel you want to lessen the cal nit for bloom go ahead. That is part of the nice thing about making it yourself. You can also modify the mix with MKP, monopotassium phosphate, for a more customized bloom formula. So Jacks A and the epsoms go in the A mix. For the B you just have the cal nit. My numbers for this are 220 grams of Jacks A and 73 grams of epsom for the A part. 145 grams of the Cal nit for the part B. Now you have just made about 35.00 worth of bottled nutes if you had to buy them. Jacks gives you great micro nute levels as well. A gallon mixing bottle, a scale and some old nute bottles is all you need to make you own stuff. Quit making Big Mike rich :) ......hes got enough cash already.
Jacks has been around forever and is used in commercial ag crops all over the world. It works and its cheap. Dont get caught up in all the nutrient hype and marketing BS. Base nutes are just salts man. By using these you are getting the purest crystal form of the mineral.
All right on to some growing. This plant is from a bag seed I found in a jar of Sticky Gorilla 4 from Khush Kush. They claim it is GG4. It looks nothing like the 4 clones of verified GG4 I have growing right next to it.... The smoke was real good but from the growth I can tell 100% it is NOT GG4. It is being super slow on showing sex. Just keep it going till I can tell. Really dont have a way to throw it in 12/12 to force it to tell me.
fetch?photoid=17886952.jpg

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17886952.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17886952.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 46

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. We have gotten to the end of week 4, day 28 today. Things are going super smooth. If anything there is too much growth and thickness happening. I have to pull leaves daily to attempt to get some light all the way through. Undercurrent is so solid and stable. My ph controller has not turned on once in 3 days!! The top off rez really make things easy. The PLC LED is awesome and rocking it. Plants are always praying up to it. Some of the bigger tops near the edge are only 8 inches away or so. I will keep a watch on them. They are probably getting around 750-800 ppfd.
Very happy with the room and the plants. They are looking very good. Maybe the slightest bit of tip burn starting to show. I dropped the ec down to 1.5 from 1.7. Will be using the Jacks 3-2-1 this next rez change. Already made up some bottles of concentrate so its easy to use. Having the meter set correctly really helps me feed them right this time. If you remember I was on tds and underfed them the whole last run mistakenly. I switched to EC and am not going back...
GG4 at day 28...end week 4. Stacking up pretty well and the smell started changing big time today!
fetch?photoid=17888772.jpg

The next 4 glues are rolling along in the tent and getting many heads. 2 glue crops in a row...I will be flush with the gas!
Have a great day all! Peace, negative.