What's new

ALF and the Fat B*stard AF's..

M

mossy

HHH...
good to see you m8..how's things with you..?
I can remember you saying you couldn't do a summer grow..
you must be spitting blood and feathers trawling the summer gardens and seeing all the girls.

Bad news here too..realising that I just had 8 weeks left 'til the end of Sept..
I have gone for a mass germination.

Every pot has around 20 seeds in each..but..
I am only keeping the best 3 or 4 to go for my F2's.

Meaty..meaty..meaty...

I have scrolled and scrolled them..
leaf balance..frame balance..height..tuftiness..I would say...
mmm..100%

I Think you have them sussed m8...Wey Hey Hey.
They look as if they could do some Damage.

Are they still in MG..?
(I cannot for the life of me grow them in pre-ferted compo)

What sized pots are they in..?

Are you feeding..?

M

mossy

"Hip replacement yikes. Talk about pain!"

Meaty..they let her come round from it Without pain-control.

Can you Imagine.

Faulty morphine pump..
and she was left for 3 hours like that until a technician came to re-set the pump.

and they did exactly the same the next day.

I am writting through gritted teeth..because ATM..I could Kill.

M

mossy

New breeding technique for the multi-pots.

Because the males sex first I have been de-balling to hold them back until the females get time to put a bit weight/height on before I fertilise them.

Stupid Mossy.

It took me to now to realise that the males show sex @ 3 weeks from germ..the girls have an average 4 week flower...hmmm.

so now on a fresh pot..I germ..
remove ALL males as they show.

Once the pot is all girls..
re-germ into the same pot..
and find the males from the second germ.
Perfect timing..I Hope.

All girly pot of ALF#3's..and if you look closely at the soil..you can just see the re-germs staring to show.

Fingers Crossed Eh..!

Here are the AK X JEM...all girls but no good.
Too small.
I had them heavy shaded..my fault
so I have re-germed..just to see them in good conditions.

and the WR girls..germing for males.

IF it works..it will save me lots of work de-balling.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you enjoyed the updates, mossy. Thats really scary to hear that about the morphine pump, I cannot imagine the pain.... And to do that twice in a row is unexcusable.... :badday:

I like your new technique, regerming seed for males.... The thing is, what if you kill your best male and grow a less desirable one.... I'd grow them all if I could.... Wheres your poly tunnel? Speaking of a tunnel, check out southwind's tunnel http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=57447&page=33&pp=15

He's an HTC Grower now too.... He gifted me some bubblegum testers to cross as well.... I am ecstatic about trying them! Medely has always been some of the best to me....:yummy:

Just realized you're running out of time, eh? :D I have someone who was going to try and sow some of the carpatian for this year, but I'm not so sure it will work here.... He also has a dozen bagseed plants still supposedly going in the ground.... Lord knows if he did that yet....

My friend who got the 2/4 Black indy females plants are absolute beauties.... Really wish I had brought my camera to snap some pics... They were neck height a week ago and bushing out like mad! They were topped once a couple weeks before transplant and they sure smiled at it! :yes:

I'm pumped about this season as well.... Caught a blessing of a season with what I consider some of the best genetics in the world.... :headbange

Meaty, the ak's are looking pristine.... Didn't get an early enough start nor the space to accomodate them this season..... They will go out first thing next spring.... :drum: :D I recommend organic fertilization, always....

Mossy, what is masterlow? Anything else you know about it? I'm sure I could search out my own answer, but I'm still running a bit short on time these days..... Still haven't scanned through the HTC forums as much as I want....

On the way out to the garden now.... Time to pull weeds, we've got a cloudy day and just a slight chance of rain.... The heat shouldn't be so bad today....

After the garden its time to go hit the lake and get some R and R.....

Anticipating a heavy harvest all around.... :woohoo:

More garden and nature pics to update.... Just need to do more deleting and uploading.... Ehhhh another 3-4 hours online should do it.... :badday:

Tall plot topped out with a B3/N7 x erdpurt female... Everything there is female except for only 1 or 2 plants unsexed! Yea! :canabis:

Last edited:

HookaHittaH

Yeah Mossy makes me wish i had a lil something something going outside right now. :drum: Actually I got the Itch and started about 8 seedlings a week ago. I don't know if I will have more of the Med strain clones to work with again. The fellow grower I was given cuts from before has lost his place to live and consequently everything we had indoors is now outdoors. :frown: Hopefully we can manage some clones off theses plants to keep them going and not lost...Anyways I have about 6 sprouts already working on they're third set of leaves. I think I will have enough time before they start to flower but we will see. Some AF's would prolly have been a better idea :wink: but I just don't have the money to purchase any... Good luck though m8. Its always nice to see what your breading and working on over here. :joint:

M

mossy

"The thing is, what if you kill your best male and grow a less desirable one...."

You will have to trust me on this one...
but you have heard me say that LR has a very standardised set of phenos on the girls.
The males are the same.

After 7 generations of working with them I know what I Want and can Expect in the males..
AND..
being able to identify the "standards" in the line means that if something out of the ordinary turns up..I can spot that too.

(Remember when the Fat B*stard turned up @ F4..he stood out like a sore thumb)

This season..on All the different AF crosses..I am using only One Specific male structure.

The one with the long stemmed floral clusters and branchy bottom growth
(because I am looking for a more generous structure to hang my buds on..)

I Predict...on the new germinations....All things being equal....

I have germed about 20 of each seed..so should expect about 10 males.

In those 10 males..
I will have at least 3 of the branchy structure that I want.
3 of the vertical pheno'd male
3 of the standard pheno'd male
(and room for 1 exceptional/freakie or sub-standard pheno. ha ha ha)

I know the pheno % and frequency.

so I am Confident that I will get the male I want in the re-germs.

If I don't get what I want....
DANG...

I would just have to waste the plant and Smoke the unfertilised bud..hmmmm

Win Win situation.

I only have 2 males on the patio ATM.
The Purple Hearts on the AF mother...

This is the 2 together..the one on the left is the Vertical pheno'd male..
the one on the right is the branchy pheno.
(you need to keep this photo..for the Project..)

vertical pheno..crown of thorns structure florals.

branchy pheno that I am using this season.

Last edited:

Meaty

Mossy thats terrible what they did to mother! If only those bastards realized:cuss:

Yes those are in the MG mix. Not pure MG though theres some cow manure and some lime for ph fluxuation. 8 inch pots only. Not the biggest pots but ive grown about 4 foot plants with them so they work for me.

Pipe thanks for the compliment. I really enjoy your pics in your thread aswell all the nice green cannabis and cute little animals :D

I am considering going organic in the Winter. I think I might try the fox farm deal where all you need is the bagged soil. Anyone have any experiance with this?

Take care all :joint:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess you're right, you've had plenty of time to understand this genetic, and you should know what to expect.... Thanks for the explanation with pics....

Meaty, a friend of mine used the foxfarms frog mix and it was good stuff... Black Indy has already been grown in it, and she sure smiled....

Out to pull weeds again in the garden.... The plants and I WILL win against these pressing buggers.... So much pulling so little time.... I was going to try and plant some beans, but I'm not so sure we have enough season now.... First things first.... Save whats there....

G

Guyute54

Impressive thread Mossy. Great to see someone so dedicated to there projects also. I only have had little experiances with Auto's I didn't do that well with them because the first few weeks of there life I had them under flourecent tubes and they never grew very big. I have a few seeds left hopefully I can do better with them next year.

M

mossy

Aye Meaty..she was real chilled about the op..morethan I would have been..now they have frightened her..I think she might not go for the other one..and I wouldn't blame her.

Cow manure..of course..
I forgot you had the manure in..they Love manure.
Wish I could get some 'round here..but you never see any horses or cows.
They have these really mangey looking sheep..
(compared to a traditional UK one)
and the amonia in their pee clears out your sinus's everytime you pass their field.
Don't think I would fancy it on the patio.

pipe..is your friends B.indy in the ground....?
You know I am dying to see how she would do in the soil.

You know I will Nag the Lugs off you if you don't get me a photo..don't you.
Maybe you could take your Lady and her camera when you go next..ha ha ha.

You know I have an indy eye..well there Something about you Carpathian and a one that WAM was growing..Hawaian snow I think that I really liked.
Couldn't tell you what it was but they kinda stood out as Different.

Cheers Guyute54
The trick with LR and the crosses is to remember they have no adult vegetive stage..
all their strength is from the first 3 weeks of root growth.
Restrict that and you get stumpies.

Light levels affect them more than temps.
Mine are hardy as hell on temps..but quivver at the Dank.
Check your mails.

sow the seeds..cheers m8..

M

mossy

You know I was gonna have an all AF season..well this is the pot that destroyed me resolve.

Mixed non-af phenos.
I had 2 female BeAns..
(super-cropped on the bottom level..looking Extreme Afghan. )
so I stuck them in a pot with a Whore..
(who I was sure was a male.)

Turned out to be a SUPER female..and I cannot bear to part with it.

I have had to super-crop her for me height restriction..but she doesn't seem as if she is objecting.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
So sorry mossy brother, I didnt have the time to read.

i could feel different vibes from you.. theres an explanation.

Im sorry im missing out as part of the crew and i think its time to catch up and do what i gotta do for the project. Re-germs will be out soon.

I didnt forget you bro!

M

mossy

Whooaaa my m8..

You sound stressed...wazzup?

Here..share the smile I got this morning...

say hello to ALF#3...F2..
front pot.

what made me smile...?

4 DAYS AGO..the Mother was still in the SOIL.

2 DAYS TO DRY.. @ 35 o'C..on the Mother
straight to soil..
2 DAYS TO GERM..

I cannot believe they have done it.
I was just curious to see if the would or not.

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Master of the autos, send your minions to get people high!!! *evil laugh*

So when are you gonna open a seed bank on the bay? Seriously, others and I would gladly be willing to pay for your great genetics. Then again, your overly nice :D

Any which way, what can we expect from the future? Hmm, I vote for a crazy long flowering haze! That way you can start them in April and they would finish in October :biglaugh:

M

mossy

Mr C..you may want to kick me..but I had a beautiful Haze x LR..
same breeder as my original crosses..

but it was my first season..and I wasn't really aware of the possibilities.

(I had to learn how to Grow the plants first..ha ha ha.)
Making the original maz x maz and maz x lown crosses was simply what was available at the time...to make sure I could pollenate if I wanted to.

Then when I tasted the Maz..that was me lost.
It was only the 3 rd home grown plant I tasted...and I got the Bomb.
(spoiled me forever)

Everything I Ever Wanted and more..
with 3 hour happy/energetic highs..that washed over you in Waves.

My problem was I thought ALL cannabis must be as good as that..

after I got over THAT disappointment..ha ha

I realised that I would have to make my own.
The start of an obsession.

From f1-f4..they taught me everything I know.

Have a look at this little lady..everyday I go up..she gets better and better..
she is my favourite ATM.

F1 Purple Heart..
White Widow..high THC..
X Maz..high THC..
X White Russian..high THC..
my mouth is watering already...

I am going to have to pollenate her in the next few days...
so it will stop her true height..but I think let go she would be a 2 footer.
I only got a few seeds..so I cannot re-germ for a male.

They fill out a pot nicely.

Above is ALF#3 F1's...
strangely for my grow the two coloured phenos are the tallest..and the 4 white are the shorties.
Something is eating the re-germs though..I have little stalks growing with no leaves..

pipe..I think that branched pheno male is going to make the difference between a 1 ounced AF..
and a 2 ounced AF...

BANG..

(sorry for the pain m8..
but I know that branched pheno male blueprint has now been seared to your brain.)ha ha ha

Last edited:
M

mossy

WAMEN..bud structure..leaves..colour..Afghan dom Bitch..?

She is BeAn..but non-af pheno.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
ya.. up to 70-80% imho..

she will please you i can see it!

Mr.A pollenated his WR x AK auto female with some Sensi Skunk pollen.. mhmm :chin: i hope there will be a couple spare beans.. not that i need any tho :D

M

mossy

Cheers my m8..
once you described Afghan properly to me something clicked..
and I am getting good at spotting them now.

so BeAn is heavy Afghan dom.

(Everything I have heard about Sensi crosses has been good..could be a match made in heaven.
You never know until you have tried it..)

This is a Non-AF pheno..un-named cross..

Sati Bitch...

SPIDERY..

HHH..the yellow fans..and the fact she is tipping over with the weight of buds says she will probably be harvested today.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"They have these really mangey looking sheep..
(compared to a traditional UK one)
and the amonia in their pee clears out your sinus's everytime you pass their field.
Don't think I would fancy it on the patio."

You don't want to use manure fresh, it is too high in nitrogen and would burn the plants.... Plus the breakdown of the manure would cause other nutrients to be pulled from the soil for the little decomposers to use.... The manure doesn't have everything they need.... Finished compost should have no foul odors....

Yeah the Black indy are all in the ground besides one which will be harvested this weekend.... Growing like gang-busters I hear! :headbange

I'll try and snap a photo of my friend's outdoor garden this afternoon....

Thats some superfast germination on the ALF3 F2's.... Like a true anual weed, they're getting multiple lifecycles per season... :smoke:

Kind of disappointed we didn't get more plants pulling through to breed with the deep chunk... I had only one choice for the male.... And thank goodness he's there! :woohoo: Maybe I will do a small fence there next season... Its such thick brush, it would probably be fine, security-wise....

Looks like its about time to thin out the little ones... Much longer and they'll be choking eachother out.... Plus it will become harder to separate them without ripped roots.... Move those little guys and gals, and they'll smile at you... :D

Nice sativa gal there, I bet she'll give a clear-electric effect....

Happy harvest! :smoke:

Early Durban

Latest posts

Latest posts