What's new

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter over “Rust” death

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Have you been paying attention?
talk to ringodoggie- he wrote...I think everyone here is forgetting that this incident DOES NOT INVOLVE A GUN....

maybe baldy was holding his dick and it went off.... one thing is certain, he doesn't shoot blanks with his dick....

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
talk to ringodoggie- he wrote...I think everyone here is forgetting that this incident DOES NOT INVOLVE A GUN....

maybe baldy was holding his dick and it went off.... one thing is certain, he doesn't shoot blanks with his dick....
I think he's referring to the fact it's a prop gun, not a gun.
On a movie set, with a "professional" armorer and safety officer.
Which I'm sure lawyers can manufacture into a hundred different legal challenges

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I think he's referring to the fact it's a prop gun, not a gun.
On a movie set, with a "professional" armorer and safety officer.
Which I'm sure lawyers can manufacture into a hundred different legal challenges
most guns on a set are real, except for fantasy weapons, ray guns etc. if it looks real, it probably is...which makes it even more critical that no ammunition (even without powder) with bullets gets onto a set. primer pushes bullet out of brass, someone loads blanks (which often have more powder than a real cartridge to shoot flame out end of barrel, and the blank propels the bullet into the victim. it's not going to be moving AS fast as a regular round because the bullet was not seated/crimped into brass case correctly, but fast enough to kill at close range..

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Something is super fishy here.

I was reading up on Hollywood movie armament and there is an unspoken rule in Hollywood and it has been this way since silent movies..... NO LIVE ROUNDS ON A MOVIE SET....... EVER.

Best I could read, there are 2 types of rounds.

One is a blank and it is used for shooting scenes where flash, etc adds to realism. These blanks DO NOT HAVE A PROJECTILE. Although, I read about accidents where firing a blank caused the gun barrel or some other small part to break and act as a NON-LETHAL projectile. But the rule of thumb is NO LIVE ROUNDS, EVER... PERIOD.

The second type of round is a bullet that LOOKS real because it has a projectile. This type of round is used where the actor may be LOADING the gun in a scene. Or, perhaps where the gun is pointed hard into the camera and the viewer can actually see the rounds in the cylinder. This type of round has been taken apart. The gunpowder has been removed and the shell casing is CLEANED to remove any residual that might ignite from the primer. Then, 2 or 3 BB's are placed into the shell casing so ANYONE who picks up this bullet can feel the BBs shaking around inside. These bullets have real primers but I have been a shooter all my life. I Load my own rounds and I know for a fact that no primer (even the hot ones) will push a bullet out of a rifled barrel. It gets stuck about half way. Even if that had happened to the gun in question in a previous event, the armament supervisor on the set would have seen it in the REQUIRED inspection before the scene was shot. (no pun intended).

This whole situation stinks. Someone did this on purpose.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL,

Some Blanks use a wad made of paper or plastic, Some are crimped. A wad will become a projectile. Crimped blanks are weak and can break off becoming projectiles.

St. Phatty

One of the things that stands out about Sons of Anarchy is their CRAPPY simulated gun-fire.

There's one scene where 2 women are shooting a car, and the exploding squibs, covered with plastic, are so obvious.

Given that it's a car, not a person - why not film that scene and give the women real handguns to shoot the car ? They're damaging the car anyway, and it would be way more realistic. + save time rigging up the world's crappiest special effects.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Something is super fishy here.

I was reading up on Hollywood movie armament and there is an unspoken rule in Hollywood and it has been this way since silent movies..... NO LIVE ROUNDS ON A MOVIE SET....... EVER.

Best I could read, there are 2 types of rounds.

One is a blank and it is used for shooting scenes where flash, etc adds to realism. These blanks DO NOT HAVE A PROJECTILE. Although, I read about accidents where firing a blank caused the gun barrel or some other small part to break and act as a NON-LETHAL projectile. But the rule of thumb is NO LIVE ROUNDS, EVER... PERIOD.

The second type of round is a bullet that LOOKS real because it has a projectile. This type of round is used where the actor may be LOADING the gun in a scene. Or, perhaps where the gun is pointed hard into the camera and the viewer can actually see the rounds in the cylinder. This type of round has been taken apart. The gunpowder has been removed and the shell casing is CLEANED to remove any residual that might ignite from the primer. Then, 2 or 3 BB's are placed into the shell casing so ANYONE who picks up this bullet can feel the BBs shaking around inside. These bullets have real primers but I have been a shooter all my life. I Load my own rounds and I know for a fact that no primer (even the hot ones) will push a bullet out of a rifled barrel. It gets stuck about half way. Even if that had happened to the gun in question in a previous event, the armament supervisor on the set would have seen it in the REQUIRED inspection before the scene was shot. (no pun intended).

This whole situation stinks. Someone did this on purpose.

what happened to.... I think everyone here is forgetting that this incident DOES NOT INVOLVE A GUN....

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It was rhetorical, budl. LOL It was concerning the outlook of the people involved.

I hear Foghorn Leghorn saying, "Boy is about as sharp as a bag of bowling balls". LOL

Love ya bud. You just didn't get it. No foul.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in a cowboy style single action revolver, a primer would be working hard to get the bullet past the cylinder rim because the pressure drops off due to leakage between barrel & cylinder. if you don't believe me, shoot a revolver with full power load with your fingers at that junction and see what happens...post pictures, please. :biglaugh: but i agree, "someone" missed looking through the barrel and detecting the lodged bullet. this does not equal "deliberate"..."incompetent" comes to mind.

Cloneman

Veteran
1674678999290.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At most Alec Baldwin will only get 5 years max. It's very unlikely he would do a nickel if found guilty. He might even get suspended sentence with probation like hall did..

Halls plead guilty and got a suspended sentence and six months probation..

I also read that Gutierrez told them to let her know when the scene required a gun so she could check it before handing it off. Hall ignored that.

St. Phatty

At most Alec Baldwin will only get 5 years max. It's very unlikely he would do a nickel if found guilty. He might even get suspended sentence with probation like hall did..

Halls plead guilty and got a suspended sentence and six months probation..

I also read that Gutierrez told them to let her know when the scene required a gun so she could check it before handing it off. Hall ignored that.

That's the Best Summary of the incident that I've seen since it happened !