Albums that changed your life

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I'm not sure if this was life changing,

I'm not sure if this was life changing,

Alice Cooper.......From the inside.
Well maybe it was in a way, changed how I viewed Album covers

But had a really cool album cover with all the doors that opened..

a few others...........

J geils band............ the cover with the phone .
Rolling stones..........sticky fingers the cover with the working zipper

Led Zeppelin 3........had the wheel you turned to change the pictures in the openings

Jon 54

The Album: Beggars Banquet
Producer: Jimmy Miller
Artists: Rolling Stones

Probably the strongest effort by any band in returning to the Blues at the height of the Peace and Love movement of the late sixties. The sound of the original members playing the down and dirty music of the rural American Delta just can't be copied. The slide guitar of Brian Jones combined with the chugging rhythm's of Keith Richards and the rest of the band joining in makes your body tremble with raw emotion.

Jon 54 :tumbleweed::canabis:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Back_in_the_USA.jpg

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
some pretty epic choices on this thread but id like to add my own if possable

metallica--kill 'em all
metallica--black album
iron maiden--fear of the dark
iron maiden--powerslave
megadeath--rust in peace

there's too many to add to the list of great artist's/albums but i'm pressed for time so i just added afew...these albums changed my life in terms of how i view the music industry, i feel kinda old saying /writing this but music WAS better years ago before autotune and everyone thought they were"gangster" IMHO....:thank you:

Midnite Toker

Veteran
I remember listening to George Carlin and Class Clown at my buddies house a long time ago. It was pretty radical obviously and we had to have a look out! This is a music forum so I'll go with R.E.O. T.W.O., REO Speedwagon's second album. It was my best friend for a couple years in high school!
....50 posts!!~mT

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
she may not know it and probably never will but jill scotts first album help me keep my sanity, integrity, love of self and upbeat spirits while i was going through my divorce.

that tape made such a great impact on my outlook on things at the time, it was like listening to an older sister that wanted nothing but the best for me. touched my soul and my heart at a time when i didnt think anything or anyone could. friends, family tried to help, tried to talk but it wasnt "hittin" me the way it should have.

her album . . . the reason i didnt go overboard, and lord knows that i was thinking about it and had the means to see it through

JILL SCOTT: "who is jill scott?" one track that i listened to the most: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFA7-wfmhFY gettin teary just listeneing to it, helped me sooo much yo

*** dont worry about being black, white, brown or yellow . . . just listen to it ***

Bluehoo

Rocks - Aerosmith
Catch a Fire - Bob Marley and the Wailers
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Let It Bleed - Rolling Stones
IV - Led Zeppelin
Captured Live - Johnny Winter
Never Mind the Bollocks - the Sex Pistols
Being There - Wilco
Who's Next - the Who
Car Wheels on the Gravel Road - Lucinda Williams

Last edited:
H

Homer J Pimpin

Physical Grafitti

mob rules

the wall

Appite for destruction

heaven and hell

holy diver

ride the lightning

city baby's attacked by rats

surfing with the alien

bonded by blood

christmass in sariaveo

brick by brick

in no paticular order

theclearspot

Love -Forever Changes
Beefheart- The Clear Spot
The Clash - London Calling
Hendrix - Bold As Love
Crosby Stills and Nash -first album
Culture - Two Sevens Clash
Can -Tago Mago, Soundtracks

G

growcodile

Hallucinogen - LSD (1995 Twisted Records)

hallucinogen-lsd_s.jpg

and everything GOA related :D